any recommended endos/clinics in NZ for TRT?

so i have an obvious case of low-T (all the symptoms) resulting from testicular atrophy (hence the name) which isn't the result of previous steroid use but of a medical condition (probably an infection of some sort).

my doctor dismissed me and basically put it down to me not exercising enough (nevermind the fact exercising is almost impossible with this constant fatigue and overall weakness and the fact that she knows i have had testicle problems), and also the fact that my blood test came back with so called 'normal' results (which was something like 400 - but i'm sure it's dropped even lower since then and also i think free testosterone is more relevant in my case but i could be wrong).

i found an endo in auck but the charge was like $400 which i didn't feel like forking out just to be rejected again due to not only the restrictiveness of the treatment in this country but the fact that i am relatively young at 21 and the treatment is generally seen as something for older men and it's like apparently health problems that cause low-T don't exist..

is NZ mens clinic legit by any chance? i have an appointment there in some days ($130) and don't know what to expect.. i fear in the end i'll have to end up moving to a place like thailand just to get sustained TRT.. but that has a lot of problems in itself.

any help is appreciated as i'm mentally quite desperate at this point

Hi Raisin_nuts, welcome to Gymnation.

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. But to be honest, I think you need to get a doctor to look at it, rather than try to diagnose it yourself. Particularly if a blood test has shown "normal" results", there's obviously something more going on here.

If you're not happy with your current GP, go and see another one. You're perfectly entitled to get a second opinion. Maybe try a male doctor at another clinic (so the new GP doesn't have to worry about offending your old GP). I would look up the clinic's website, and check out the profile of the GP - try to find one who's sporty, and I reckon they'd be more likely to give you a sympathetic ear. Explain that you feel your previous GP never looked into your problem deeply enough.

Because ultimately, that's what you want... a proper diagnosis that investigates the cause of this problem. Simply giving you a shot of test and bundling you out the door is not going to give any long-term solution. I could be wrong, but I suspect that's what NZ Men's Clinic would do. I would use them as a last resort, and try to get real answers first.

Hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2016 at 11:38 PM, Pseudonym said:

Hi Raisin_nuts, welcome to Gymnation.

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. But to be honest, I think you need to get a doctor to look at it, rather than try to diagnose it yourself. Particularly if a blood test has shown "normal" results", there's obviously something more going on here.

If you're not happy with your current GP, go and see another one. You're perfectly entitled to get a second opinion. Maybe try a male doctor at another clinic (so the new GP doesn't have to worry about offending your old GP). I would look up the clinic's website, and check out the profile of the GP - try to find one who's sporty, and I reckon they'd be more likely to give you a sympathetic ear. Explain that you feel your previous GP never looked into your problem deeply enough.

Because ultimately, that's what you want... a proper diagnosis that investigates the cause of this problem. Simply giving you a shot of test and bundling you out the door is not going to give any long-term solution. I could be wrong, but I suspect that's what NZ Men's Clinic would do. I would use them as a last resort, and try to get real answers first.

Hope that helps!

thanks a lot for the kind advice, i feel very welcomed.

the appointment went better than expected and after i explained my symptoms and what caused them (even if it is somewhat unknown why or what the original cause is but atrophy is usually irreversible and i don't want to fool around with the doctors anymore because they don't know what they're doing - i don't really blame them though it has been quite hard even for me to pinpoint and there's quite a lack of research in this area), and he started me on 250mg biweekly sustanon.

my levels were still technically on the very low side of normal at like 350ng/dl or so, but as i'm sure you know just because it's normal doesn't mean it's actually normal.. the range is very wide and not adjusted for age so i had about the levels of a 90 year old when you really examine it.

unfortunately i think the time for anything except the last resort is over, so i'll probably need to be on TRT till i drop dead now.

it has certainly helped quite a bit with my symptoms even if i'm not in optimal health still, i think after i generally get my health back on track i should be okay.