NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
GyzzBrah

Actually going gym etc.

Weighing in at 75.5kgs this arvo, so regained 10.5kg's since the last 2 months. Progress in gym is going good, just have to keep it consistent and can expect solid progress this year. And not forget to eat.

Cbf deload since moving back down around the 17th, so want to overshoot as much as possible. Not fatigued at all, just driven to get as much done as possible.

Bench Press

60 x 5

60 x 5

70 x 1

80 x 1

70 x 5

70 x 5

70 x 5

Neutral close grip lat pulldowns

67 x 8

67 x 8

67 x 5

57 x 8

57 x 5

Tricep pushdown

20 x 15, 12, 10, 10, 8, 5

Did legs yesterday

Squats

60 x 5

80 x 8

82.5 x 7

82.5 x 5 tried to get 8 but couldnt

Goblet squats

28 x 10

28 x 10

28 x 8

28 x 5

28 x 3 lol

Aiming to eventually be able to do these with similar weight for 5 x 15 or whatever. Form is most important on these pretty underrated excercise imo, a lot harder than it seems like too.

Leg curls / extensions

2 x 10 for both

Just a quickworkout today since I had to do a phone interview with a landlord but got the important stuff done anyway.

Overhead Press

40 x 10

45 x 8

45 x 8

Front squat

50 x 5

50 x 5

70 x 3

70 x 3

70 x 3

Close grip bench

60 x 10

60 x 8

60 x 8

60 x 5

Trained this morning instead of usual time, had a good workout /10

Bench Press

60 x 8

60 x 5

80 x 1

82.5 x 1

72.5 x 3

72.5 x 2 (so 5 reps total of this weight)

70 x 5

70 x 5

Was thinking to myself while warming up with 60, that 3 months ago I couldnt even do this for a single rep.

Incline dumbell press

28 x 10

28 x 4

28 x 5

26 x 8

26 x 5

Neutral close-grip lat pulldowns

67 x 10

76 x 5

76 x 4 dropset 67 x 5

67 x 8

Seated Row

67 x 10

67 x 8

77 x 8

77 x 5

77 x 6 dropset 67 x 4

77 x 6

Tricep Pushdowns

22.5  x 10

22.5 x 8

etc for like 3-4 more sets.

EZ bar curls

30 x 6 for probably 4 sets.

Had huge arm pump which unfortunatley went away very quickly. Arms seem to have grown a decent bit since I resumed training, and I never really trained them significantly apart for my first few months of ever lifting tbh. So extra focus will be given this year to bringing up the arms and hamstrings which are lacking. Extra focus = actually doing excercises for them.

Weighing in at 76

Trained with @tomleegolf today, was probably the hardest I ever trained tbh.

Dumbell bench 4 sets etc. got up to 28, he got 50.

Then 4-5 sets each of machine rows (high and low, lat pull downs, rear delt flies, and bicep curls.

Signed up to do BJJ and Boxing as well, will turn up to complete the application when I can be fked doing so. If I end up sticking with it I will adjust my weight training to accommodate for it

Yeah ofcourse bro we'll train on sundays. Ill sort something out with the other gym within the next few days and see you there too.

2 hours ago, tomleegolf said:

Hey bro good train today. Was nice meeting you. Will probably go gym every Sunday so you can train with me every week if you want. Otherwise I'll see you at BJJ/boxing

Got my membership sorted for BJJ and Boxing, gonna go pick up some gear on the weekend probably. Gonna gym 3-4 days of the week depending on how im feeling, then go for martial arts 3 times as well.

Signed up for 3 clubs, Kayaking, Hunting / Spearfishing, and Yachting. Made a list of around 10 clubs I was interested in and crossed out all the gay pussy ones that werent c00l like debating and laser tag etc.

Then doing 3 papers as well, Psychology, Law, and Philosophy this Sem, hoping to get an A in all of them.

Luckilly been so fortunate to not have to worry about money this year but will look at getting work anyway later on.

Gonna be a very good year, finnally enjoying not being a pussy and sitting in a room all day. First time in my life that im putting in an effort and getting where I want to be in life, its great and satisfying to be working so hard!

Today for training just did hill sprints for like 15 mins.

Day 2, Week 4

Did my second training session this month, met up with tom again at the uni gym.

Woodchoppers with a cable

4 x 8

Hyperextensions

4-5 x 10

Bicep curls

4 x 8

Tricep extensions

4 x 10

Hammer curls

Behind neck tricep extensions.

Gonna go 4 times a week from today, not counting todays session. Finished writing up a training program which is the same thing I have been doing for 2 years but less volume to compensate for BJJ / Boxing, so has no deadlifts.

Typing on phone because no internet.

3rd training session this month, going consistently now because went on my own. Gonna train 3 times instead of 4 otherwise I wont have a rest day.

Did legs today

Squats @60 2x8

Leg extension 4 x 12

Leg curls 2 x 10

14 minutes ago, maccaz said:

its the 28th, you trained once every 9.33 days?

Probably. But doing boxing / bjj as well so that counts as training. Diet is good too since we eat meat everyday and share the bill for food. All things considered im off to a better start than last year. Have no intention of stopping training either so just have to turn up. Pussied out of a few boxing sessions because its fucking hard and embarrassing that I can't skip for a full 2 mins but just have to keep going. Cardio is easier to get better at anyway.

9 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Probably. But doing boxing / bjj as well so that counts as training. Diet is good too since we eat meat everyday and share the bill for food. All things considered im off to a better start than last year. Have no intention of stopping training either so just have to turn up. Pussied out of a few boxing sessions because its fucking hard and embarrassing that I can't skip for a full 2 mins but just have to keep going. Cardio is easier to get better at anyway.

nice.

including boxing and bjj how many days a week do you train (not how many you hope to do, but how many you actually have been) ? 

Bit of an update.

Signed up for another 6 months of BJJ and Boxing, which is 680$ and worth it. Since I paid that much im more keen to go, and enjoying it heaps as well.

Back in auckland for the break, went to the gym for the last 2 days and probably tonight as well depending on when they close.

Weighing 71kg's, so I have lost a bit of weight in the last few weeks. Not sure why since I eat properley now, but noticed I look a lot slimmer in general so its probably because im doing more cardio and walking around more.

Strength is shit again, since I havent gone as frequently to the gym but I still go atleast. One thing that I find really deceptive about lifting, is that as long as diet is good, you loose strenght a lot faster than size. So it may take months to realise you are getting smaller and have to go lift, but only a few weeks to loose significant strenght. Then when you start going again, you cbf going anymore because I feel too weak.

On Saturday did a few squats and leg curls / hypers.

Then yesterday dumbell bench, lat pulldowns, curls, and tricep extensions.

Will probably go for a short run tonight.

Leg Curls

4-5 sets. Started off at 12 reps eventually got to 5.

125lbs.

Leg Extensions

76kgs, 4 x 15

Hyperextensions

3 x 10 with 15kg plate

Seated Cable Rows

3 x 8

Close grip pullups

3 x 5

Then did 25kg ez bar curls, many sets. Some seated some standing. Superseted some of them with tricep extensions. Didnt count sets but probably < 8 alltogether.

Incline Dumbells

24kg x 10, 8, 8, 5, 3.

Pullups

3 x 5 (used hook grip which didnt hurt since only 71kgs atm. It helps.)

Superset with rear delt flies 3 x 15

Close grip bench

50kg x 6, 6, 4. (lol).

Ez Bar curls

30 x 8, 8, 8, 5.

Superset with tricep pushdowns

Chest fly machine

67kgs for 3 sets. < 8 reps with slow negatives / stretch.