Actually going gym etc.

GyzzBrah

Sunday

Squats, 40kg's, for 4 sets of 8.

Lat Pulldowns, 45kg's, for 4 sets of 10

Hamstring curls with pause and good stretch, 4 sets for 12-15 reps, around 90 lbs

Did some light arm work to finish off.

Got the most horrific DOMS I have ever had lol. This would be my first leg workout in several months. Weighing in at around 65kg's.

Tuesday.

Did a wide grip bench press, got 3 sets of 8 with 50 kg's. Then 2 sets of 5 with 60.

Some light dumbell presses, 20kg's for 3 x 8

Rest of workout same as sunday pretty much, training within what my capacity was at this stage.

Today

After 2 days of consistent lifting, strength and working capacity way up.

Did a close grip bench, easily got 4 sets of 10 with 50 kg's.

Then Lat pulldowns, 47kg's for 4 x 8

Tricep extensions 3 x 12

OHP (Bar only) 4 x 8

Leg extension 70kg 3 x 8

Leg Curl 2 x 8 90 lbs

6 hours ago, ratz99 said:

Are you doing some sort of full body workout each day or something? Just trying to figure out whats going on? Not hating, It's just a little all over the place compared to what I'm used to (bro splits).

Yeah, I was advised to do a month of higher rep full body stuff for a month or so, then go on to a powerlifting routine.

So I will keep doing this for another couple of weeks, and im slowly phasing in more foods since I went from eating nothing basically. Planning on doing the Wookie Method afterwards.

Tbh this is a proper shit full body workout, so if anyone has a way to structure it better let me know.

Monday

Started off with bench, got 60 for 3 x 5, is piss but at one stage a few months ago got could not even unrack lol.

So 3 days of consistent training rectified this. Imagine if I had trained consistently through the year, could have been benching probably 120 - 130 imo.

Did dumbbell rows with 28 kgs, then also ohp with 30kgs. 3x 8 for both.

Then curls with 20 for 3 x 10

Lots of ppl at gym today saying what happened to me why I lost so much weight etc.

Weight at 69 today, most likely water etc from carbs also creatine.

Can't run further than 200m or so without choking up, but been going for hour long walk each day and getting bpm up. Threw away the rest of my tobacco and that will help.

Diet been all good too

Wookie Method (Starting Thursday, November 24th).

Week 1

Today.

Standing OHP

- 35kg's 2 x 8

Front Squats

- 40kg's 2 x 5

- 50kg's 2 x 3

- 60kg's 1 x 3

Close Grip Bench

- 50kg's 3 x 10

Finished with behind neck press for a few sets with just the bar x lots.

Strength coming back really well, a lot faster than expected for sure. Probably go for a quick run / walk since didnt in the morning.

Day 2

Got dropped off at the gym like 30 mins before it closed since we forgot it closes early on friday, just did deadlifts pretty much, but they were pretty solid, probably wouldnt be able to do much else any way, body still getting used to actually going gym and training hard etc.

Deadlifts

- 60 x 5

- 90 x 1

- 100 x 1

- 130 x 1 (working up to a 1RM, rpe 10.) Surprised I got this but also happy. Went into gym expecting to max 80 or someshit given current state of affairs.

- 100 x 1

- 100 x 1

- 100 x 1

- 100 x 5 straight leg sumo with straps. Can confirm was gassed.

Decent workout, will take a day rest, then Bench tommorow.

21 hours ago, GyzzBrah said:

Day 2

Got dropped off at the gym like 30 mins before it closed since we forgot it closes early on friday, just did deadlifts pretty much, but they were pretty solid, probably wouldnt be able to do much else any way, body still getting used to actually going gym and training hard etc.

Deadlifts

- 60 x 5

- 90 x 1

- 100 x 1

- 130 x 1 (working up to a 1RM, rpe 10.) Surprised I got this but also happy. Went into gym expecting to max 80 or someshit given current state of affairs.

- 100 x 1

- 100 x 1

- 100 x 1

- 100 x 5 straight leg sumo with straps. Can confirm was gassed.

Decent workout, will take a day rest, then Bench tommorow.

does program make you do 1rm?

Day 4

Squats

warmed up with a few light leg curls / extensions

bar x 5

40kg's x 5

50kg's x 8 (probably rpe 7)

60kg's x 8 (rpe 9)

Gone a bit too light on the first set of squats, but only squatted once before with 40's since I started lifting and that was a challenge, so it's a good sign that strength coming back very fast.

Leg Press

4 x 8, 2 plates per side.

Leg curls / extensions, 12 - 15 reps 3 sets

Weighing in at 71 kg's, up from 65 when I got back from otago. Obviously not muscle weight, but being healthy and nutrisiously well fed is more important.

Week 2

Day 1 (thursday)

Overhead Press

30 x 5

40 x 1

47.5 x 1 (max set, very smooth and fast)

42.5 x 5

45 x 5

45 x 5

Front Squats

40 x 3

50kg's for 4 x 3

Close Grip Bench

50kg's for 3 x 8

Seated OHP

(not really part of program, someone had already set up weights and bench etc so did them because I wanted too and was very happy mood of shoulder progress)

40kg's 3 x 8

Finished with a few lateral raises and behind neck press with just bar etc.

VERY FUCKING happy with progress so far, when I started 2 weeks ago could barely press the bar overhead, now can do an easy 47.5 1rm and also 2 working sets of 45kg's.

Can also run nearly the whole main street of where I live, estimating its probably 600m or so, from barley being able to do 200m with severe chest pains, so not smoking everyday anymore either that helps too.

Weighing in at 72.7 (From 65kg's 2 weeks ago).

FUCKING CHUFFED :blink:

Workout was alright I guess but feel shit in general quite worried about next year. Went to go see the otago Auckland office. Failed 5 papers this year fucked my year in general. Was told im only able to sit 5 next year. Know im keen on law still so will repeat and get A+ for sure. Was told that I will never be able to do finance and really got no idea what else to do. Cofactors was 92mg nicotine which is 2x what id normally eat so feeling sedate af which helps stress etc. Worried about future, getting job, getting car, achieving goals, finding flat and making new friends etc.

Bench

60 x 5

70 x 1 (1rm)

70 x 2 (tried getting 5)

65 x 5

65 x 5

60 x 5

Seated Row

65 for 4 x 8

Dumbell Bench

24 for 2 x 8

Tricep Pushdowns

20 for 3 x 10

Also not batshit crazy like I was earlier this year, (probably due to getting enough sleep and not living with fuckheads), so gonna leave what I said above the way it is without tangent and if anyone has good life advice on being in a similar situations (part of growing up I guess, im probably youngest active member) or can pm me even, Id be keen to seriously take on good advice and suggestions.

You sound suprised that you did shit? Don't want to rub salt in the wound, but it's not suprising to me. I don't think any game changing advice is called for, you're kidding yourself if you think some secret advice is coming your way lol. It's not complicated is it... the word priorities and common sense come to mind. If I'm staying up all night will I be able to function the next day as well as I would have had i got 6-8 hours sleep. No.

Yeah nah thanks RT, its all about common sence and putting in the work, which I am now.

Need to just not be pussy and get shit done.

Went for a really good run today, it was MUCH longer and faster than previous runs, as well as a 20min walk on treadmil yesterday. Thanks to everyone encouraging my cardio goals. Unlike other days, I ran barefoot today and found it helped so much more (no pain in tibia / achilles tendon / ankles) and could run much better.

Only downside was a shit load of gravel all over my suburbs due to roadworks, being barefoot etc.

Also trained legs yesterday, maxed on 80kg's and did 60 for 3 x 5. Assistance same as normal.

Untitled picture.png

Blue is where I normally ran / walked, and red is what I did today to show progress. Did it in less time too. Couldve been better if not for gravel / rocks, so might do different route tommorow.

Week 3

Day 1 (thursday)

Made very good progress so far, and have selected weights that I am going to max with on .

Once I max on those, I will be approximatley 80.37% as strong as I was last year. (New total - Past total x 100)

Pretty good seeing as I could barely overhead press the bar back in otago. Should easily be 100% in the next month of training, once I have a good strength base and fitness it should be sweet as from then and expecting very good numbers next year as long as I keep training.

Overhead Press

bar x 5

40 x 1

47.5 x 1

50 x 1 (max set, rpe 10)

got this very fast, previous best was 67.5

Overhead speed sets

40kg's for 8 x 3. Was a bit slower on last 2 sets but was good in general. Happy that I could even do these for 8 straight sets.

Attempted a few light lateral raises while waiting for squat rack and noticed that left rotator cuff was absolutley fucked, so skipped assistance today. All good since this week does not have as much volume and I should keep overall intensity on the D-low this cycle if I want to keep progressing and not injure / fatigue myself given current strength etc.

Front squats

60kg's for 4 x 2. Rpe 9, these were hard.

Decided on a plan for uni with the course adviser on tuesday, and im fairly happy with the new direction and know what I want to do now.

Gonna repeat law again, got 67% but should be piss next year since it is the same course for the last 30 years, could get an A+ for sure. I know I want to pursue a career in law, and just gotta put in the work and get it done.

Decided to drop the human centipede of a degree that is Bcom, and do a BA or Bachelor of Science in Psychology, not what I wanted in life, but you have to do what you are capable of and be as good at it as you can be, rather than piss around going nowhere with a very difficult degree that you cannot do well in (finance)

good call on ditching bcom. first year law is a bitch and you want to pick bogus easy BA papers to do alongside it. from memory i did teaching english as second language (because it didnt have an exam), some easy creative writing paper, and some other nothing filler english paper.

19 minutes ago, maccaz said:

good call on ditching bcom. first year law is a bitch and you want to pick bogus easy BA papers to do alongside it. from memory i did teaching english as second language (because it didnt have an exam), some easy creative writing paper, and some other nothing filler english paper.

Exactly! Pretty much my first year was so poorly planned and I had no clue what I was doing, never saw a course adviser either. Didnt realise that if I got into 2nd year law, I would not be doing Bcom that year, but kept repeating papers thinking that I would re-do finance in 2017, when Infact I should have done pretty much what you said lol.

Cant say oh I wish someone had told me etc because I never asked to begin with so its on me.

12 hours ago, GyzzBrah said:

Exactly! Pretty much my first year was so poorly planned and I had no clue what I was doing, never saw a course adviser either. Didnt realise that if I got into 2nd year law, I would not be doing Bcom that year, but kept repeating papers thinking that I would re-do finance in 2017, when Infact I should have done pretty much what you said lol.

Cant say oh I wish someone had told me etc because I never asked to begin with so its on me.

im pretty sure both me and azide gave you similar advice but you were so far up your own ass you didnt listen.

i remember specifically explaining at length why bcom was a waste of time if you wanna do well at law 

you rattled off some bullshit fiction about your parents respecting business degree

3 hours ago, maccaz said:

im pretty sure both me and azide gave you similar advice but you were so far up your own ass you didnt listen.

i remember specifically explaining at length why bcom was a waste of time if you wanna do well at law 

you rattled off some bullshit fiction about your parents respecting business degree

Yeah I totally was far up my own ass. Open to listening now.

As for Bcom, the only employable degrees are Accounting Finance, which I cannot do. So I reckon I could just do what you did, and if I ever wanted to get into that industry I could do much cheaper professional management course and learn on the job.

Day 3 (Monday)

Bench

60 x 5

70 x 1

75 x 1 (1rm). Was thinking of doing 70 for my final max, but things going good so far, should be able to hit 80 next week, meaning I need to add anoher 7.5kg's to get where I left off, which should be piss.

60kg's for 8 x 3 (speedy)

Seated Rows

67kg's for 4 x 8

Dumbell Bench

24 for 3 x 8

Finished with few sets of preacher curls and pushdowns for pump.

Training today while underfed, dehudrated and sick, but will have a good sleep tonight, grab some burgers tomorow, and hit squats.

Got a 5L plastic jug in my room which I fill half way with water and drink everyday, good for making sure I stay hydrated.

8 hours ago, Bruce Al said:

Good idea staying hydrated.

What burgers will you get tomorrow for squats?

Thinking Carls Jr, after my run. Ate over 1000 cals just then for breakfast too, 3 eggs, 4 strips bacon, and 4 slices french toast.

At this stage, getting enough protein for sure but not gonna be too strict with diet, since when I arived back from otago my ribs were transparent and I weighed 65kg's and looked like an anorexic zombie with 0 gains lol.

Weighing in at 73kg's today.

Did overheadpress today (week 4)

40 x 5

45 x 3

47.5 x 1

52.5 x 1 (1rm)

Got higher than planned for ohp, maxing deadlifts in 2 weeks after a resentful but much needed deload.

Bench on monday, squats tuesday then done.

Would be repping 80 or someshit on these if I hadn't quit.

60 for 3 x 8 on close grip bench

Finished with several sets of pushdowns for pump.

Speedy deads tomorrow.