Proviron

mikey91

9 hours ago, mikey91 said:

Does anyone know if Proviron is available for prescription in NZ? It is not listed on the PHARMAC website.

An almost worthless compound for bodybuilding purposes...

I'm not at work so can't check...

Its noted as Amended prescription only 2009.. 

Medicines Amendment Regulations 2009.. 10351035 Mesterolone..

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2009/0212/latest/whole.html1035

6 hours ago, mikey91 said:

Thanks for the link. Im wanting it to help control estrogen and its side effects while on TRT. 

Mesterolone doesn't control estrogen.. don't believe what you read...

If aromatisation is of issue on TRT, lower the dose and pin more often + reduce BF%...

AI's control estrogen conversion not proviron...

Androgens of all sorts, including actual testosterone, have been used in the clinical treatment of breast cancer, because androgen receptor binding in the breast, outweighing estrogen receptor activation, will counteract the estrogen-induced proliferation of breast cells. This is not an anti-estrogenic action, this is merely a function of androgens in the breast to counteract breast growth. This applies to :

Mesterolone... Basically 1-methyl DHT, but the A-ring modification would interfere with aromatase binding. Meaning if DHT is a weak anti-aromatase drug, then the activity mesterolone might still have would require in excess of 500mg per day to have any direct anti-aromatase effect worth having. If you are using Proviron specifically as an anti-estrogen, you are wasting your money. It's effect in this regard is no different than any other potent androgen.

Yea i know it wont work as well as an AI but from my research it looks helpful. I just havent found Arimidex to be strong enough even at 1mg a day on split injections 125mg every 84 hours i still have water retention and high blood pressure etc...So i was thinking that Adex and Proviron or pure DHT in conjunction would work...

Aromasin and adex can cause high blood pressure bro it's a side effect of these kinds of drugs. 1mg/day is alot of arimidex for what you are using it for too.

Whats your diet like? That can be a big contributing factor to health problems and even stuff like gyno and water retention when on AAS. It's also a really easy fix and is likley most people's biggest reason why they get unwanted side effects off medications.

Yeah im not just talking about sugar I'm talking about bad processed foods which can contribute to estrogen production and sodium intake which can contribute to water retention. Only trying to help.

what is your trt protocol? From what I gather from your posts 125mg of test every 84 hours is 3.5 days. So you're basically on 250mg per week in simple terms.

IMO That's not trt. That's higher than a trt dose. It's not even in a higher than average natural test level. It's much higher above it. I think people are getting confused with what trt actually is. It is replacment not getting "jacked up". 250mg of gear a week gave me 8kg in 8 weeks and I lost bodyfat when I was 19 years old. Try 100mg/week or 250 over a 2-3 weeks or monthly period. That is trt. Trt is gaining what you are missing not gaining more. AAS use in sense is gaining more.

when you are having to use an AI and contemplating proviron and then what next... it's not trt it's muscle building and it's got to be expected that when you do that you get this.

i think you're probably just using too much gear for what you perceive to be trt. And your levels are too high so your body is fighting back with side effects, that's normal. Button off and you might have less worries.

OR

Use it, get out of this "trt" mindset and accept that some estrogenic side effects are part of it such as water retention. 

you can't just eliminate all estrogen that's more unhealthy. 

pretty simple.

• 1 year later...
On 11/7/2016 at 10:18 PM, Daz69 said:

An almost worthless compound for bodybuilding purposes...

I'm not at work so can't check...

Its noted as Amended prescription only 2009.. 

Medicines Amendment Regulations 2009.. 10351035 Mesterolone..

http://www.legislation.govt.nz/regulation/public/2009/0212/latest/whole.html

The additional effects are awesome though, On trt it would be really good in terms of keeping  your dick hard libido high and lowering shbg and keeping your body hard to and the over all sense of wellbeing it provides to,

on cycle masteron is nice additive and off cycle trt or cruise proviron works very well if money and sourcing it aint a issue

2 hours ago, captainJC said:

The additional effects are awesome though, On trt it would be really good in terms of keeping  your dick hard libido high and lowering shbg and keeping your body hard to and the over all sense of wellbeing it provides to,

on cycle masteron is nice additive and off cycle trt or cruise proviron works very well if money and sourcing it aint a issue

Personally I've always found it shite, lowering SHBG would increase plasma oestradiol as it's weaker binding affinity than testosterone would see a greater release of E2, as opposed to freeing up testosterone.. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, mikey91 said:

Daz69, how does the A ring modification interfere with aromatase binding??

The substitution of 4,5 double bond for an extra hydrogen at carbon 5, makes aromatase binding imposible...  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'll try explaining how the substitution of 4,5 double bond for an extra hydrogen at carbon 5, makes aromatase binding imposible..

If you observe the first drawing, see how the A-ring has a double bond between carbon 4 and 5 (double line connecting both)..

To substitute the double bond (remove it) you need to replace that bond with an extra hydrogen atom on carbon 4 and 5, (see carbon 4 it has a H below, this is a single hydrogen) when the double bond is removed an extra hydrogen will be added to carbon 4 (making 2, and one hydrogen to carbon 5)..

This is because the outer valence electrons of a carbon atom have 4 bonds, so must be bonded 4 times either with 4 single bonds (like with hydrogen) or a double, or even triple bond to another carbon atom or other molecule, those 4 bonds must be taken up..

5a99a4e01c4b1_Molecularstructure.gif.60f8aad01de3ca32999ec8439f7df475.gif

You see how in the lower drawing the correct spatial arrangement is shown for the testosterone molecule (note it is not flat as drawn above when seen in 3D)..

See the 4-5 double bond we discussed above is connected by a double line (double bond), when we remove the 4-5 double bond replacing it with extra hydrogens, the electrical charge changes (altering the shape further)..

It is this conformational change of shape that makes binding of the aromatase enzyme impossible (like changing the shape of a key so it no longer fits a lock)

5a99a4bb9ee39_Molecularstructure2.gif.f3a136bd9c40854bd398da4cd4ec1594.gif   

I hope you understand..  :-) 

3 hours ago, kiwicannon said:

Bloody hell, you lost me at.. I'll try explaining...... 

I need a nap after reading all that 10+ times!

Lets just all agree Proviron sucks balls!

I tried.... Sorry..!! :-)

• 3 months later...
On 09/11/2016 at 12:21 AM, mikey91 said:

Yea i know it wont work as well as an AI but from my research it looks helpful. I just havent found Arimidex to be strong enough even at 1mg a day on split injections 125mg every 84 hours i still have water retention and high blood pressure etc...So i was thinking that Adex and Proviron or pure DHT in conjunction would work...

Turns out i was using way too much adex at that dose. It's definately potent stuff.