NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
noobtraining

PCT for a low dose first cycle (250mg)

Have to end my first cycle early (week 10) for personal reasons.

Was on 250mg PW. Using 12.5mg Aromasin E3D.

Now I need to start PCT if in fact I need to.

at 250mg how long do you think I will need to wait to start PCT? at however many weeks I should wait, I will get bloods to confirm before starting.

Also what doses of Nolva should I be taking? also should I follow the standard 4 week x/x/x/x protocol?

Lastly, how long should I continue the Aromasin? Currently my E3D 12.5mg is good for my usual 250mg (bloods confirmed)

31 minutes ago, noobtraining said:

at 250mg how long do you think I will need to wait to start PCT? at however many weeks I should wait, I will get bloods to confirm before starting.

Also what doses of Nolva should I be taking? also should I follow the standard 4 week x/x/x/x protocol?

Lastly, how long should I continue the Aromasin? Currently my E3D 12.5mg is good for my usual 250mg (bloods confirmed)

Most of the answers to this are readily available on the internet within a few minutes.. but none the less:

After a cycle of Test E i'd start PCT 12-14 days after your FINAL injection.

Not sure what you're saying about the bloods? Your sentence doesn't really make sense there. Are you asking how many weeks after PCT should you get bloods to see if your test levels are in normal range?

With regards to Nolva, i'd run nolva at 40mg a day for 2 weeks then 20mg a day for 2 weeks. So 40/40/20/20. 

Your Test E does is so low i'm suprised you are even using Aromasin, or are you prone to estro sides etc? Maybe you could stop using the aromasin a week before you start PCT? You don't want to crash your estrogen and make it too low lol. 

Some of the more experienced guys on here will know for sure though, or may have some corrections to what I've said above. But in general the PCT start date and Nolva doses are fairly standard information. Good luck!

2 hours ago, noobtraining said:

On such a low dose don't waste your time with PCT... Taper off the test (ie: lower dose by half then half again..OFF), keep the aromasin going until 1 week after last injection...

Keep training and eating, take taurine 5g/day, royal jelly 1g/day, start now and continue until fully recovered... 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25050300

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25542992

1 hour ago, Daz69 said:

Keep training and eating, take taurine 5g/day, royal jelly 1g/day, start now and continue until fully recovered... 

Hey Daz, would you say its okay to take the Royal Jelly on PCT as well?? Well, I more so mean worthwhile. Cheers

1 hour ago, PETN said:

Are you trolling with the royal jelly thing? Sounds a lot like pine pollen.

We're already starting to discover that preventing damage to the testes on cycle is probably the best way of standing any chance of genuinely recovering post-cycle, and that standard PCT's evidently do little to secure long-term recovery.

The Royal Jelly worked because it prevented the down-regulation of the catalase enzyme that occurs with anadrol use (and undoubtedly other AAS). Catalase helps eliminate ROS (oxidants) from the testes and thus prevents the kind of cellular massacre that occurs as a result of exogenous AAS use. 

This is different to the effect of taurine, which also helps protect cells of the testes (in rats, at least) indirectly via it's role in supporting other powerful anti-oxidative mechanisms like glutathione (GSH).

Full paper: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103725/

4 hours ago, kingersman said:

Any specific reason why you were using  aromasin on such a low dose?

I've always advised against AI on cycle unless estrogen sensitive, popular steroid boards seem to have finally come around to this methodology, but recent research might suggest another reason for low dose on cycle AI use:

The reason for using the aromasin is to lower oestrogen levels closer to physiological norms. As previously discussed excessively high oestrogen levels can lead to various common side-effects that may not actually happen.

But what we're using it for here is to reduce the free-radical (oxidative) damage caused by excessive aromatase activity and oestrogen on the HPTA and testes.

By preventing this serious harm from happening in the first place, this should diminish the testicular atrophy caused by AAS and ensure a more easy recovery post-cycle all without the need for SERMs.

6 hours ago, Daz69 said:

On such a low dose don't waste your time with PCT... Taper off the test (ie: lower dose by half then half again..OFF), keep the aromasin going until 1 week after last injection...

would agree with this.

nolva made me feel like shit.

taper off no issue at all. tried both ways. night and day.

less drugs same result ideally.

On 11/6/2016 at 2:28 PM, kingersman said:

Any specific reason why you were using  aromasin on such a low dose?

Good question. I got my estrogen checked and it shot up above the normal range, so I tried a few doses until I brought it back down to a normal range.

On 11/6/2016 at 1:16 PM, ratz99 said:

Most of the answers to this are readily available on the internet within a few minutes.. but none the less:

After a cycle of Test E i'd start PCT 12-14 days after your FINAL injection.

Not sure what you're saying about the bloods? Your sentence doesn't really make sense there. Are you asking how many weeks after PCT should you get bloods to see if your test levels are in normal range?

With regards to Nolva, i'd run nolva at 40mg a day for 2 weeks then 20mg a day for 2 weeks. So 40/40/20/20. 

Your Test E does is so low i'm suprised you are even using Aromasin, or are you prone to estro sides etc? Maybe you could stop using the aromasin a week before you start PCT? You don't want to crash your estrogen and make it too low lol. 

Some of the more experienced guys on here will know for sure though, or may have some corrections to what I've said above. But in general the PCT start date and Nolva doses are fairly standard information. Good luck!

Hey yeah I searched around but when you search for 250mg cycles its basically a hijacked thread of people calling OP a retard. Better safe than sorry so I asked.

When I said bloods I heard that some people get their test levels checked to see if they have dropped below normal range and THEN start PCT. but it seems a little unnecessary.

Thanks for the info though!

On 11/6/2016 at 2:46 PM, Daz69 said:

That's awesome info. I will most likely taper off and use the regiment you suggest. How do you know when you are fully recovered?

On 11/6/2016 at 9:00 PM, maccaz said:

would agree with this.

nolva made me feel like shit.

taper off no issue at all. tried both ways. night and day.

less drugs same result ideally.

same issue with me man, it makes me feel like absolute shit, fucking hate it 

14 hours ago, noobtraining said:

That's awesome info. I will most likely taper off and use the regiment you suggest. How do you know when you are fully recovered?

The only way to know for sure is by blood tests... LH. FSH, free test, total test.. E2.. maybe after 3 months..

Compare with your pre-cycle blood tests... (I hope you had them checked)..!! :-)

3 hours ago, ratz99 said:

lolz, unsure if people just pussies or feeling like shit coz they ended cycle.

probably cause ended cycle lol. 

9 hours ago, Daz69 said:

The only way to know for sure is by blood tests... LH. FSH, free test, total test.. E2.. maybe after 3 months..

Compare with your pre-cycle blood tests... (I hope you had them checked)..!! :-)

I did and fucking glad I did now haha. Lost the password for the PDF but ill sort that out later haha