NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
trainlikeafreak

gymnation/nz bbing transformations

I put this transformation together today and it lead me to a cool idea. This is my transformation from my first comp to my most recent.. besically around the time I joined the forum (the old nzbodybuilding one) till now.

here is an idea/challenge to post your transformation from the time you joined till now. If you are a power lifter then post your numbers if you don't have/want to post pics. Some people have been on here for a long time so there should be some pretty good memories :) I've met some good friends off this forum, one of those has had a huge hand in my own personal transformation.

B05B4289-E9AD-48A9-85F1-43AAF613771B.jpg

This is 21 to 27 training changed quite abit over that time. I'm 30 now and have more muscle on me again so I should try get another pic sometime soon to add to it. I joined the forum when i was 18 but my pics have gone from those days. 

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

And then this other one I was 24 here..

IMG_3938.PNG

I hadnt really seen any of those pics in a long time, just dug them out now. Been a cool journey so far.

good thread bro!

12 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

This is 21 to 27 training changed quite abit over that time. I'm 30 now and have more muscle on me again so I should try get another pic sometime soon to add to it. I joined the forum when i was 18 but my pics have gone from those days. 

IMG_3935.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

My god you were huge at 21!! You gotta do one more bodybuilding show bro.

image.jpeg

so on the left I would have been 23 I think and had been training 7-8 months. I had gained about 8kg so had gone from 57-65kg, maybe pulling 120x5 roughly.

second pic was earliish this year now in my 30s, my body weight is around 92 and last week I pulled 232x3. 

Crappy pics, but you get the idea. Hahaha...oh the grind 

Great idea for a topic TLAF !!

Everyone here has been on different journeys and majority of people who have been on here for awhile have made heaps of progress, be interesting to see what comes out of the woodwork.

So been a Powerlifter ever since I joined the forum, so not many old pics of me floating around as I never really used to take any. There's one somewhere in my journal from 2012-2013 odd but couldn't find it.

But here's a recent picture of me at 109kg just before World's this year

My best max numbers when I joined the forum in 2011 were 180kg Squat, 120kg Bench and 210kg Deadlift at around 90kg bodyweight.

My best max numbers to date are 300kg Squat, 212.5kg Bench and a 330kg Deadlift at 120kg bodyweight.

good idea for a thread.

when i joined the forum in 2009 age 19 i was 120kg, had never been in a gym, fat af. weak af, depressed af.

went to a gym and couldnt bench 50kg, couldnt squat without my heels coming up, had never deadlifted or anything.

after about a year on here i was 80kg or so and best lifts were 130/80/170

currently 110kg 26yo and best all time lifts are 260/140/255 and a f*ck load better mentally

what an awesome thread idea and some epic transformations  here. really do wish i took more pics from earlier on in my journey. looking forward to where i'll be in my 30s now that im eating right and being consistent with gym. hopefully contrast is as epic as some of the above progress reports.

was 21 when joined forum and grossly underweight, relatively under control now at 27 and its only gonna get easier from here.

jan 2010 ~47kg (no pics cos too embarassed to take any back then and dont think i had camera phone anyway)

march 2012 64.5kg

IMG_0378.JPG

oct 2016 66kg

side2.jpg