NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Zonk

Fat loss challenge

I'm 47 years old, 5'8" in height and weighed myself tonight at 102.2kg.

I have not touched a weight or done any aerobic exercise (walking around the office doesn't  count) for four years and ten months. 

Zero, zilch, nada.

There were a few personal factors both physically and psychology why I allowed myself to get this horribly out of shape - but enough of that feeling sorry for myself bull sh#t, it is time to do something about it. I have had enough of looking like a butter ball.

I aim to lose 20 kg of fat and put on around 5kg of muscle in six months. So, when I step on the scales on April 24 2017 I want to weigh 85kg, and be fairly cut with it. I am not going to hang myself if I am a few kilos over, as long as I am near that weight with some good definition.

As you can see I am carrying a lot of around the chest and especially my waist where I look six months pregnant. Not a good look.

I will post photos and commentary weekly or so.

Wish me luck...it's going to be a challenge for sure.

DSC_0161.JPG

DSC_0164.JPG

welcome mate.

when i first joined this forum in 2009 i was in similar shape but 120kg and had never stepped in a gym, 

one piece of advise il give is dont get fixated on a number eg 85kkg, or you'll never be happy. youll get to 85 and it becomes a mind game where you're never satisfied, then 80, then 75, then what lol eventually fade away to nothing (this is what happened to me basically) . just keep working till youre happy how you look in the mirror.

Hey thanks maccaz

I've worked out years before so "hoping" for some "muscle memory", but you are right not to get too fixated on the numbers.

Cheers.

Good one, Zonk... slow and steady does it.

TBH, you're not going to see noticeable changes in the photos on a weekly basis though. Personally, I'd go by the scales and tape measure every week, and then photos every 2-3 weeks.