Valhalla Power Bars

Skeletor

Just thought I'd let anyone know that might be interested that the Valhalla power bar and deadlift bar are both now available in NZ .  Nice looking bars and good pricing with the power bar $690 and deadlift bar $990.  The deadlift bar falls right between the Texas and Okie as far as whip goes , is fully calibrated which could possibly be the only fully calibrated dead bar around and stainless sleeves so no rust. Knurling looks insane aswell.  Court Papau is the NZ distributor I guess through www.aotearoastrong.co.nz if anyone is after one. 

11 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

Be interested to know what the bars are like, where they are manufactured and what materials and coatings. 

I see you can get them in Australia for 550AUD (forex better much dollar of dollar at the moment too). 

Yeah I'm not to sure but from what they said it's all solid quality they've used . Seen the dead bar in action with 350kg for a couple of reps and looks good.    550 aud for the power bar and 690 here.  Take into account shipping to get it here and you'd be the same. I've got the dead bar coming in a couple of weeks so will do review on it after 8 weeks of trial.  

They sound good. I havnt seen any of Scott's equipment myself but going off the reputation of what he makes it's all really good. I bought a bar from him a while ago and he was great to deal with and super fast shipping from Brisbane to Tauranga. So I'd definitley support him if I was wanting anything else equipment wise.

I think a DL bar is probably just exactly that. Texas, okie, whatever... it's all the same basically. I doubt anyone pulling less than 350-400 is going to notice much difference at all between them. The flex at 260kg was a few millimetres between them all. I think whatever one you can get the easiest and at the best price is probably just the way to go, which at the moment is probably this one. Industrial athletic imported some Texas powerbars that sold quite fast. There was talk of them bringing in some Texas deadlift bars as well as more powerbars but I'm not sure what's happening on that front. The former sold fast and they have a big reach in nz, maybe it's a no go at the other end. The bars themselves in America are reasonably well priced it's the shipping and duty that makes it expensive.

It's a good investment if you compete for sure. You'll love it mate.

33 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

They sound good. I havnt seen any of Scott's equipment myself but going off the reputation of what he makes it's all really good. I bought a bar from him a while ago and he was great to deal with and super fast shipping from Brisbane to Tauranga. So I'd definitley support him if I was wanting anything else equipment wise.

I think a DL bar is probably just exactly that. Texas, okie, whatever... it's all the same basically. I doubt anyone pulling less than 350-400 is going to notice much difference at all between them. The flex at 260kg was a few millimetres between them all. I think whatever one you can get the easiest and at the best price is probably just the way to go, which at the moment is probably this one. Industrial athletic imported some Texas powerbars that sold quite fast. There was talk of them bringing in some Texas deadlift bars as well as more powerbars but I'm not sure what's happening on that front. The former sold fast and they have a big reach in nz, maybe it's a no go at the other end. The bars themselves in America are reasonably well priced it's the shipping and duty that makes it expensive.

It's a good investment if you compete for sure. You'll love it mate.

What was the cost of importing from AUS? 

1 hour ago, jimmybro1 said:

What was the cost of importing from AUS? 

Think it was $200nzd door to door. So pick up from Brisbane and to my door in Tauranga. And that's almost overnight with DHL. As for duty that depends what the invoice says. If the bar is worth $200 on paper instead of the actual $1000 then there is no duty. The risk of course of that is if you need to claim insurance for loss or damage not to mention it's fraud. Even with the gst it's not bad in comparasion to the Texas bars from USA, which in some cases are costing more to ship a single bar than you pay for the bar itself. The price we pay for living in nz eh.

Anyway I doubt you'll get a cheaper PB or DLB of the same quality for any where near the price of these.

look forward to reading what you think about it OP