2016 GPC World Championships Live Stream

BeastBuilder

So for those interested here's the link to watch the Livestream of the GPC World Champs in Serbia this coming week.

Lifting starts at 8-9am local time each day, which works out to be 6-7pm NZ time.

The first few days, starting Sunday 18th, are the Equipped Single Lifts and Equipped 3-Lift.

Then I think starting Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st is when the Raw Classes start.

It's a very big competition with 450+ entries over the whole competition so it's running Sunday 18th-Saturday 24th.

There's two members off of here competing, myself and SG.

I'm lifting on Friday 23rd in the U100kg Raw Class, and SG is lifting on Saturday 24th in the U125kg Raw Class.

We're both gunning for GPC World records in our respective classes and have had relatively successful preps all things considered and should be quite competitive !

http://u-spf.com/live-stream/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork

Joanne from my gym is competing in a masters category. Been helping her out a bit. We are the only two powerlifters at our gym and we train at around the same time, so we really support each other. She has been training bloody hard for this and have the seen the ups and downs of her preparation. I'm sure she will get it on the day. So best of luck Jo and I hope you do well and most of all enjoy yourself and the experience.

So first NZ Lifter, Steve Hampton competed today in the Equipped Bench Only, going 3/3 and easily hitting a 185kg Bench at 97kg.

Next showing for NZ will be Steve again on Wednesday the 21st in the Raw Bench Only, and then Joanne on Thursday the 22nd in the Three Lift competition.

Equipped lifting is still quite popular over here in Europe so there should be some heavy hitters coming out in the next couple days of anyone is interested.

5 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Awesome man! We'll be following you both for sure. Let us know if you have a more accurate time you'll be lifting.

So who should we be looking at in terms of your closest competitors? Is there anyone you've got your eye on in particular?

Can nevery give accurate times for lifting with these kind of things unfortunately mate. All depends on the day, how long loading takes, if they start on time, how long each lifter takes, breaks they take between flights etc etc, it's all just guess work. I know lifting is supposed to start at 8am each day, so that's 7pm your time. But we'll see. There's 5-6 flights on my day and likely 4 flights on SG's day so hard to pinpoint tines as we don't even know what flights we'll be in yet. Likely to be insanely long day though..

I haven't looked to much at SG's competition but he's basically going for the class win, GPC World record Squat for his class, and cracking top 3 overall.

For myself I'm basically competing against myself in my class, there's no one that close to me I know of, but there's a couple guys in the Open, one from Oz who is staying with us, who should be around my numbers so that'll be fun even if it's not counted on paper as competing since they're technically a different class. But I'm aiming for class win, GPC World record Bench, Deadlift and Total in my class, Best Overall Junior and I'll be happy as if I can crack top 10 overall if I get counted for that as well.

So tomorrow Steve Hampton is competing again, this time in the Raw Bench Only competition. He's gunning for another medal, hoping for a Silver tomorrow for Steve as there is someone who is going 20-30kg heavier but there is a couple dudes vying for 2nd-4th along with Steve so should be interesting.

Supposed to be 2.15pm local time (12.15am NZ Time) that he is on.

The lifting tomorrow starts at 9am local time (7pm NZ Time) so even if you can't watch Steve there's still some Benching and Deadlifting going on, albeit the Females and Lighter Males if you're interested.

Alright fam, update time.

So today saw Steve come away with the Bronze in Raw Bench Only, lost the Silver due to some dodgy spotting with a spotter touching the bar when he was grinding and causing uneven extension but the ref didn't see so he got reds. These things happen so overall still another medal in the bag for Team NZ.

Joanne is lifting tomorrow in the Woman's Raw Full Powerlifting. She should go really well. Looking forward to watching.

Update on my lifting, I'm going to be lifting in the 110s instead of the 100s as the facilities here really weren't cut out for me to make weight, and my body really didn't want to play ball this time around so we pulled the pin on my weight cut this afternoon in the interests of performance and more importantly health wise. What I was going to have to put my body through to make weight was going to be very iffy performance wise, and could have turned quite dangerous dehydration wise.

I'm fine with this as it's a good decision really and was made under the advice of people much more experienced and knowledgeable than me.

I miss the chance on the 3 Records I had basically in the bag (potentially not the way the cut was going), but really Federation Age Class Records don't mean f*ck all with so many classes and feds around these days.

I still have a shot at a couple in the Junior 110s, but more importantly I will hit a better total, still gunning for class win and will still be in the running for Best Overall Junior which all 3 of those aspects mean a lot more to me than the 3 obscure records.

So this means I'll be lifting Saturday with SG in the big boys leagues and should still not be bottom of the pack haha.

Joanne lifted today and killed it.

70/50/127.5 for a Gold Medal and GPC World Records in her class across the board.

She also took 130kg for a 4th on her Deadlift as she has been aiming for this all year and smoked it, so that counts as a Record but not towards her Total for the comp.

Weigh in for me and SG tomorrow morning, while Steve is lifting in the U100kg Class as a Masters lifter for the Full Raw Power Meet. He's looking at a late 600s total all going well, plus there another few strong lifters on tomorrow so should be some good watching while I'm eating everything to carb up before lifting on Saturday !!

Shit live stream i cant tell if they getting whites or not . Anyone watching? i think Hamish got his opener. must have missed Jackson.

Edit     Looks like he missed first , got second and missed 3rd on 265kg on depth. plenty of power there easy just not hitting depth.  

Missed 4th world record attempt . got depth just stalled . Hard luck big guy.

Late update but yea cliffs are neither me or SG had the comp we were capable of or expecting to have.

I totalled well below what I'm capable of at the moment, things just didn't line up and I felt weak as piss to put it bluntly. Still came away with the win in the 110 Juniors, which there was actually 7 in our class so that made it a bit more fun, and also had the biggest total in the 110's in the end.

Left way too many kilos on the platform for the overall though so didn't get anywhere on points, I actually think I was 4th Overall Junior as they awarded 1st-3rd.

As Bang Bang said I went 295/190/300, my Squat actually probably went the best out of the three tbh as it felt quick and I actually came off that feeling like I had more in the tank. But Bench and Deads were an absolute cluster f*ck, nearly bombed on my Deads, had to pull my Opener 3 times.

Plenty of excuses but I fucked up and it's all experience and water under the bridge now.

Really disappointed in my performance, literally the worst comp I've ever had in comparison to what I 'should' have been hitting, but these things happen, now time to chill, relax, and go back to the drawing board for next year.

SG had a good bit of competition in a late Russian entry, they both strong as ox's. His first Squat threw him off as his arm got caught in the sling at the bottom. Nailed the 2nd, missed the 3rd just on depth, and then went for the Record he came for on a 4th but was out of position so the power just wasn't there out of the hole.

His Bench went well considering recent injury.

Deads we knew he had second on lock down so building the total went out the window and just tried pulling for the win, unfortunately wasn't there on the day but yea still came away with the Silver.

• 2 weeks later...