Predicting a shift in bodybuilding foods

Rick123

15 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

This popped up in my Facebook feed today. I thought maybe it could be useful... ;-) 

T-Nation: Vegans suck at science, and here's the proof.

Oh look, he isn't even a MD and sells books. https://www.amazon.com/Mike-Sheridan/e/B00KSD0UFE

" Despite conventional beliefs, Eat Meat And Stop Jogging contends that the instruction to limit red meat, restrict calories, increase fiber, run long distances, avoid saturated fat and reduce cholesterol is increasing our waistline, decreasing our lifespan, and leading to an unnecessary struggle. "

Who wouldn't like to hear good things about their bad habits? ;-)

• 1 month later...
On 11/5/2016 at 1:29 PM, Realtalk said:

I think when you're around 70kg soaking wet it's probably pretty easy to believe it's overrated.

Lucky I eat meat then.

I understand it's hard to determine the accuracy of information when you get your PT qualification from the inside of a breakfast cereal box, but ain't nobody got time for beef physically or metaphorically...

19 hours ago, eLm0 said:

Lucky I eat meat then.

I understand it's hard to determine the accuracy of information when you get your PT qualification from the inside of a breakfast cereal box, but ain't nobody got time for beef physically or metaphorically...

I have a degree, 110kg with clear abs, eat beef twice per day.. am I doing it wrong?

10 hours ago, trainlikeafreak said:

I have a degree, 110kg with clear abs, eat beef twice per day.. am I doing it wrong?

One can be 110kg with clear abs eating red meat 8 times a day, why just two. One can be 110kg with abs eating solely portionally controlled big Macs. One can even arguably achieve this eating ice cream 8 times a day...   If you could do this on ice cream then why eat big Macs if say savoury food disgusts you. If you are achieving succes solely on big macs why bother cooking real meat...   The point is that there is more than one way to achieve your goals, but how do you know your way is best if you have a predeterminated preferance or reluctance to deviate from using your current method. 

Anyway, I'm just a climate change hippy that values the universal physical importance of gut bacteria so I avoid red meat despite my weekend title of braai-master.

Since you have a degree maybe this example will be of interest, there are plenty but this is from August 2016: (Unless of course you value the opinion of t-nation over the Journal of Internal  medicine?)

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/joim.12543/full