Making your own protein powder.

Bruce Al

Ever made your own protein powder? If so, how did you make it.

Id never really thought about it till i came across this in an article i was reading....

It's dead simple. The recipe I use is:

500g milk powder
20 grams of sugar
20 grams sucralose based sweetener
Chocolate powder to taste.

Just mix it all together, the whole process takes less than a minute.

There are a number of benefits to making your own.

1. You know pretty much exactly what you're getting!

2. The protein content is just over 30% which is certainly towards the low end of what's claimed by protein powders but it's plenty high enough and still beats nearly every protein powder in price per gram of protein. The protein it does have is also extremely high quality with an amino acid score of 137.

3. This is somewhat subjective but I think it tastes great and mixes as well or better than any protein powder I've tried. 

4. More quality micro nutrients (vitamins and minerals) than most commercial powders. Good source of Vitamin A, Vitamin B12, Potassium and Selenium, and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin D, Riboflavin, Calcium and Phosphorus.

5. You're not giving money to a corrupt industry (well not as corrupt as the supplement industry at least).

Lol. Go look at the nutritional info on a bag of milk powder. Lactose overdose and about 30% protein before you even mix it with all that other shit. Plus tastes like crap. Cost doesn't justify it. Just buy and drink some milk.

Fonterra stuff is legit skeletor if you use blender as doesnt mix great but not that bad either (think because its not 'instantised'?). A banana and/or kiwifruit blended in goes well with it and makes it lots more palatable.

On 9/13/2016 at 0:51 PM, Skeletor said:

I've looked into just getting a 20kg Frontera bag and mixing it with like milo or something but not sure on quality although I'd guess it's probably better than 90% of proteins on the market. Been making my own bars for a while. 

Would be better that anything on the market. 

The more hands the more likely to be tainted 

• 2 weeks later...
On 13 September 2016 at 8:05 PM, Terrymundo said:

Yes look up Davis trading.

is the protein good?im guessing its unflavoured, i sent an enquiry its been a long time since iv purchased protein, i tend to just eat straight after gym then have shakes 

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

I've just organised through Davis trading to get a wpc . $402.00  so basically $20 a kg . They haven't had the isolate in Stock for a while but price is around $700 she said . Will probably mix with nesquik or something and in food like cookies, bars and homemade pizza bases etc

That's actually not much cheaper than plain nutratech bro,  should get some bulk stevia or similar sweetener bro 

2 minutes ago, Terrymundo said:

Nutratech is very very similar to fonterras wpc (perhaps it's just the same thing) There's a special at the moment 10kg for $200 so easy to get and no fucking around with davis. Good stuff just abit bland but thsts not a problem.

So no fillers or amino spiking or anything?  If it's just as good then 10kg is a lot better option than a big 20kg sack. I just want protein that I actually know hasn't been tampered or have anything added. Not worried about bland taste because I'll add my own sweetners as not dieting or trying to lose weight. 

Yeah seems good although all that shit you mentioned you still don't actually KNOW or have the same level of confidence as the fonterra product.

50 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

So no fillers or amino spiking or anything?  If it's just as good then 10kg is a lot better option than a big 20kg sack. I just want protein that I actually know hasn't been tampered or have anything added. Not worried about bland taste because I'll add my own sweetners as not dieting or trying to lose weight.