"Blood Father" pushup challenge

Pseudonym

To celebrate Mel Gibson's latest film, Blood Father, we've got a challenge for all the old farts out there.

We want to see how many pushups you can do. Easy, right?

Well, here's the deal... To get your final score, your age will be added onto your number of pushups. Anyone can enter, but in this competition, being old is an advantage! :-D 

For each pushup, your chest must touch the floor at the bottom, and your arms must lock up at the top. Make sure you film your pushups from an angle that clearly shows this. If you stop for more than 3 seconds, that's considered the end of your attempt. Entries close 10pm Friday 9th Sept. We may ask the winner for proof of age.

And here's the prize pack you're competing for...

Blood-Father-NZ_Prize-Pack_Mel-Gibson-2.jpg

Worth $155, the prize pack contains a Double Pass to see Blood Father in cinemas, plus a Mel Gibson DVD set including the following films:

·         Edge of Darkness

·         Get the Gringo

·         Machete Kills

·         The Man Without A Face

·         The Beaver

·         We Were Soldiers

·         What Women Want

Plus we'll throw in a few Gymnation shirts and singlets as spot prizes.

So come on, guys... Mel's still got it. Do you? :-D 

13 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

To celebrate Mel Gibson's latest film, Blood Father, we've got a challenge for all the old farts out there.

We want to see how many pushups you can do. Easy, right?

Well, here's the deal... To get your final score, your age will be added onto your number of pushups. Anyone can enter, but in this competition, being old is an advantage! :-D 

For each pushup, your chest must touch the floor at the bottom, and your arms must lock up at the top. Make sure you film your pushups from an angle that clearly shows this. If you stop for more than 3 seconds, that's considered the end of your attempt. Entries close 10pm Friday 9th Sept. We may ask the winner for proof of age.

And here's the prize pack you're competing for...

Blood-Father-NZ_Prize-Pack_Mel-Gibson-2.jpg

Worth $155, the prize pack contains a Double Pass to see Blood Father in cinemas, plus a Mel Gibson DVD set including the following films:

·         Edge of Darkness

·         Get the Gringo

·         Machete Kills

·         The Man Without A Face

·         The Beaver

·         We Were Soldiers

·         What Women Want

Plus we'll throw in a few Gymnation shirts and singlets as spot prizes.

So come on, guys... Mel's still got it. Do you? :-D 

The granddads of the forum like @donz and @Skeletor  will do well at this

Here is my first entry I counted 44. Didn't complete 45th one, dropped to my knees to get up too fast. Pretty bad camera angle so can't see chest touching floor but can hear it. Anyway I'll put up another before the cut off should be a few more in the tank by then. Not a bad start, gets the ball rolling. Think my PB is around 55.

44 and 30 = 74.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Al said:

To be fair Realtalk, you could have done more than that.

Yeah just gassed out mate, plenty left in the chest and guns. And couldn't really be bothered keeping going when started hurting. Not really in the spirit of competition, but neither is not putting up a video. So we had a thread  on the forum about a forum

comp, and no one who posted there has put an entry up yet. Lol. had to put a video up to get the ball rolling! Push ups is one of the things you can actually train every day even multiple times a day to get better. Repetition will get you better.

people should put the vids up now it's took me 56 seconds to do that. And then put more vids up if you get beaten, try and beat people and get better. If people are just gonna put them up at last minute that's rather boring.

On 9/5/2016 at 9:26 PM, Rainbowdevil said:

Hmm OK i will give it a go and see if is not to painful, but surely will be nothing comparing with the boys here hehehehe xx

On 9/5/2016 at 9:03 PM, Realtalk said:

Do it on your fists then.

Well i tried  today after my legs workout as Realtalk suggested and used my fist....... waste of time got pretty painful on my injury after 30 :-(..... pathetic sorry guys,but oh well let see who wins :)