NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
maccaz

my tren experience, maccaz edition

Similarly I've used tren here and there and noticed strength gains and conditioning improvements. Inc body temp and aggression in the gym. Maybe for some people it just brings out your inner sociopath? 

21 minutes ago, HarryB said:

Similarly I've used tren here and there and noticed strength gains and conditioning improvements. Inc body temp and aggression in the gym. Maybe for some people it just brings out your inner sociopath? 

Or maybe your always a  sociopath

11 minutes ago, jimmybro1 said:

Or maybe your always a  sociopath

There is always that. I just think it's a bit trite or perhaps a bit convenient to blame tren for behavioural issues. It might exacerbate an existing personality problem but probably not create an issue where there wasn't one before. People seem to say drugs when really there's a whole host of things that lead to aberrant behaviour. The biggest one imo is the single mindedness that competition brings out in a lot of people. Whereby they put everything into that one aspect and everything else in their life takes a secondary role and they make stupid choices chasing their competitive goals. 

It might be easier to say "the tren turned me into a c*nt" than to say "I'm a c*nt." 

Do you think Tren desensitized emotion so that you were unable to feel empathetic toward other people especially your partner to a degree?   Seems to be a common theme in what I've read up about it including the paranoid thoughts .  Hope you've managed to work things out man. 

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Do you think Tren desensitized emotion so that you were unable to feel empathetic toward other people especially your partner to a degree?   Seems to be a common theme in what I've read up about it including the paranoid thoughts .  Hope you've managed to work things out man. 

I don't think its the tren Imo. Only time I felt like this while on tren was when i crashed my estrogen taking too much adex. Take that with a grain of salt though, just my experience. Only thing I did find is it makes me really short with people sometimes, but nothing over the top. Just when someone askes a dumbass question or something.

I had a similar experience without the tren. Think it's pretty normal sometimes to get sick of fucking the same person.

When that becomes more important to you than relationship, that's when relationship turns to shit.

Then after while get sick of fucking stupid whores that are only single coz they pieces of shit and basically 'leftovers' or aren't single but are hoes, and realise was better with partner and try get them back. Then probably repeat few months down the track.

Pretty much 95% of the time any 25+ yo single girl is a piece of shit.

18 hours ago, slinshady said:

this is nothing special and typical tren side effects. 

its one of the many causes of bodybuilders becoming socially awkward weirdos  

Or do socially awkward weirdos become bodybuilders/strength athletes in an effort to be so socially awkward? 

Gotta be careful with it, pretty much has the potential to be just as bad for your head/relationships as your health. 

Whenver I start a tren cycle I really nail it into my head that I'm going to use this time to build mental fortitude and that whenever a negative thought or feeling enters my head I will replace it with a positive one. 

be proactive and prepared for what it can do, and use that time to really build a more proactive less reactive mindset (7 habits of successful people) 

2 hours ago, Polo said:

Hmm I left a 3.5 year relationship and marriage during last tren cycle 5 months ago. But I'm happy now haha. I would say it messed shit pretty bad though.

Do you think you wanted to/had thought about leaving your boyfriend anyway prior to taking tren? 

Someone said to me people need to stop blaming gear for their problems and stop relying on it for their gains. Not directed at anyone just in general, it happens all the time. 

I thought that summed it up pretty well.

End of the day some people are dickheads on alcohol. what would people think of you if you warned them about alcohol and what it made you do. Probably think you're just an idiot looking for an escape goat. It's no excuse really.

i think there is some of that - I'm on tren now and it's probably gonna turn me into a different person so you believe it you do it.

Handle your shit and don't use so much gear, it's bad for you. Some of the untested powerlifters in NZ are using so much they will retire soon cause their health is fucked. Girls too which is another matter on its own. Aussie even worse. Also FYI Weed will f*ck your life up too if you use too much - it's called abuse. There is use and there is abuse, know the difference.

I don't care what anyone says, if it's affecting your life as much as you all say. You're obviously using too much. Simple.

7 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

Someone said to me people need to stop blaming gear for their problems and stop relying on it for their gains. Not directed at anyone just in general, it happens all the time. 

I thought that summed it up pretty well.

End of the day some people are dickheads on alcohol. what would people think of you if you warned them about alcohol and what it made you do. Probably think you're just an idiot looking for an escape goat. It's no excuse really.

i think there is some of that - I'm on tren now and it's probably gonna turn me into a different person so you believe it you do it.

Handle your shit and don't use so much gear, it's bad for you. Some of the untested powerlifters in NZ are using so much they will retire soon cause their health is fucked. Girls too which is another matter on its own. Aussie even worse. Also FYI Weed will f*ck your life up too if you use too much - it's called abuse. There is use and there is abuse, know the difference.

I don't care what anyone says, if it's affecting your life as much as you all say. You're obviously using too much. Simple.

Whoever said the first comment must be an intelligent guy haha.

i dunno why so many people feel you have to take so much.. Especially at the level they are at. If you do all of the actual important shit right.. Like train properly, eat perfect, sleep, all that stuff.. Then so many drugs in such volumes of just not necessary IMO.

but also I think it's important to point out that I don't think any substance will change a person. If taking something brings out a side of you that you don't like - it's still you. Learn to control your emotions better and you will probably find life a lot smoother whether you are on drugs or off of them. And as RT said this isn't directed at anyone in particular.. I just felt the need to post something as I see a lot of scape goat finger pointing going on.

I've had this on my phone from when I was first looking into testosterone.  

How do anabolic steroids affect the brain?

Anabolic steroids work differently from other drugs of abuse; they do not have the same short-term effects on the brain. The most important difference is that steroids do not trigger rapid increases in the brain chemical dopamine, which causes the "high" that drives people to abuse other substances. However, long-term steroid abuse can act on some of the same brain pathways and chemicals—including dopamine, serotonin, and opioid systems—that are affected by other drugs. This may result in a significant effect on mood and behavior.

Short-Term Effects

Abuse of anabolic steroids may lead to mental problems, such as:

• paranoid (extreme, unreasonable) jealousy
  • extreme irritability
  • delusions—false beliefs or ideas
  • impaired judgment

Extreme mood swings can also occur, including "roid rage"—angry feelings and behavior that may lead to violence.

What are the other health effects of anabolic steroids?

Aside from mental problems, steroid use commonly causes severe acne. It also causes the body to swell, especially in the hands and feet.

Long-Term Effects

Anabolic steroid abuse may lead to serious, even permanent, health problems such as:

• kidney problems or failure
  • liver damage
  • enlarged heart, high blood pressure, and changes in blood cholesterol, all of which increase the risk of stroke and heart attack, even in young people

Several other effects are gender- and age-specific:

• In men:
    • shrinking testicles
    • decreased sperm count
    • baldness
    • development of breasts
    • increased risk for prostate cancer
  • In women:
    • growth of facial hair or excess body hair
    • male-pattern baldness
    • changes in or stop in the
    • menstrual cycle
    • enlarged clitoris
    • deepened voice
  • In teens:
    • stunted growth (when high hormone levels from steroids signal to the body to stop bone growth too early)
    • stunted height (if teens use steroids before their growth spurt)

Some of these physical changes, such as shrinking sex organs in men, can add to mental side effects such as mood disorders.

Are anabolic steroids addictive?

Even though anabolic steroids do not cause the same high as other drugs, they can lead to addiction. Studies have shown that animals will self-administer steroids when they have the chance, just as they do with other addictive drugs. People may continue to abuse steroids despite physical problems, high costs to buy the drugs, and negative effects on their relationships. 

On Saturday, September 10, 2016 at 5:15 PM, PETN said:

Do you think you wanted to/had thought about leaving your boyfriend anyway prior to taking tren? 

Husband you mean? That's a hard question to answer. Happened after tren, guess I can say it had a good effect on me.