NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
RandySavage

Oooohhhhh Yeahhhh, Dig it!

Decided I would create one of these, even if just to add what i'm up to as a point of reference. I might not post everything, but will keep solid track of what i'm up too.

As some of you know, i'm back on the path to being A MONSTER  in good shape again and already been working for 2 months. 

2 months ago my stats where:

150kg

60kg Squats

60kg Deads

40kg Bench

Now my stats are:

135kg

100kg Squats

100kg Deads

75kg bench

Goal:

Just get back to a stage where i'm happy with my body, there's always something you want to change, but a place where i'm 90% happy with my body would be great.

5 years ago I was:

100kg

220kg squat

220kg dead

120kg bench

Not saying I will get back there but it's good as a guide.

Currently eating about 2500 cals a day, cardio daily and weight on a day on day off pattern. I'm not in a rush to complete anything too quickly, I spent 5 years ruining my body, so if I have to spend 5 years getting it back, then so be it. 

Completed 1 hour cardio today on the cross-trainer. I use this due to less impact on the body, being so heavy I find it much easier than running (which is annoyingly my preferred cardio). Normally I do 30 minutes of cardio daily, however I have an important meeting on Friday and I need to be confident so i'm bumping cardio to 1 hour a day to boost confidence going into my meeting.  

10 hours ago, Bruce Al said:

Can you post an average day of what foods you eat?

Yes absolutely mate.

A typical day looks like this:

Meal 1: Porridge with milk and banana

Meal 2: kumara with tuna and salad

Pre-workout: Amino Acid drink

Post-workout: Protein shake with milk

Meal 3: wrap with chicken, cottage cheese and salad

Meal 4: yogurt with fruit

That's a typical day for me. On the weekend I change the porridge for eggs and baked beans.

Lack of posting due to crazy busy in personal life. 

Still training etc, had my meeting on friday, was super annoyed that after doing 1 hour cardio each day that I stayed the same weight, However I've lost some fat so that's a win!

Chest and Triceps today!

Got the home gym set up now so can do all my training at home. Did chest and triceps the other night and had an awesome tricep pump, managed to bodyweight dip myself for 5, 3 and 3, which at this weight I'm pretty happy with.

Trained back and biceps last night, but have to be careful due to back injuries so wasn't overly happy with it.

Scaled back cardio to 20 minutes after each weights session and tightened up my diet.

Currently eating 200g carbs, 150g protein and 65g fat. Fairly balanced diet so nothing amazing. Still eating the same foods as listed previously. I LOVE kumara.

The best change I have had recently is the addition of a bcaa drink during training. Back in the day I would have scoffed and called it a waste of money. However I genuinly van feel the difference. Very happy with that. If anyone reads this and has a bcaa drink they can recommend during workout let me know.

Rest day today, friday will be legs and saturday will be shoulders and abs

Sorry for slow reply. Been crazy busy.

I have a squat rack, some plates, dumbbells, a bench, a cross trainer and a spin bike. Squat rack has a lat pulldown and low pulley cable so have a few attachments too. Love not having to go to the gym!

Started taking creatine and love the stuff but my stomach sure doesnt...

Shoulders today, legs tomorrow.

Got weighed last week and was another kg or so down. Will be getting weighed sunday so will update after that. Not sure if I will have dropped due to creatine though.

Muscle ache getting better, weights getting heavier?

Haven't updated much, however still dieting and lifting heavy.

Muscle memory has been amazing, I have never had first level experience of muscle memory, but I've managed to go 3 belt sizes down, but my weight has stayed the same. My clothes are fitting hugely better, and am getting some great compliments.

Therefore i'm taking this as a sign that no training gets wasted, even after getting into really bad shape, muscle memory exists and helps a few years down the line.

Still keeping my macros at 2000 cals, made up of clean foods. 20 mins cardio after weights, training on a typical 2 on, 1 off, 2 on 2 off style. 

Another brief update.

Still training. Having a little stalemate with the scales, but my body is going in the right direction. 

Will be adjusting diet and training a little.

Work is crazy busy, but will die down soon.