hi and long story short

RandySavage

Hi guys,

This could be a massive story but I'll make it as short as possible.

First of all, Hi!

I have found this site regulary when searching for things and decided it was time to sign up. 

I trained heavily and worked out and fell in love with training at 14. I worked hard for 4 years and then took steroids at 18. A few years later I moved to New Zealand. Unfortunatly this caused me to stop cold. I've been in New Zealand for 5 years now and have just progressively declined. Any sign of me ever training has gone, I gained 40kgs over 5 years and stopped training all together. I became depressed and felt terrible. 

I have began training again but feel like I've never recovered from the cold turkey. I've visited doctors and things many times but they have never been much help.

Anyway, sob story aside. I'm here to chat and get involved more heavily into the bodybuilding scene and hopefully get some joy from seeing you folks training hard!

Very very keen to chat to people on here and have fun. 

Hello again!

3 minutes ago, RandySavage said:

No...........

I want to chat with people who are likeminded and have the same interests.

But thanks for the welcome...

Oh my bad. Just looked like that, as most people who sign up here seem to be here to find source.

@GyzzBrah chat to the guy please

All good man.

Yeah I get that, I'm not here for that. I was heavily involved in forums and stuff back home and have never been or seen much around the bodybuilding culture here.

In regards to gear, one day I'll get back on it, but my body needs alot of work before it's ready for that. Also, I'd be sceptical of buying from a forum where I don't know anyone.

Hey guys, 

Thanks for the welcome!

I'm pretty solidly back into it, but I really let myself go, I went from 100kg to 150kg in 5 years. Moving to another country was tough and ended up meeting a woman and stuff like that, but I do blame it on stopping usage cold mostly. 

I've been training and dieting for around 2 months now, I've gone from 150kg to 135kg in this time. The biggest change i'm noticing is my recovery times, i'm a big believer in negatives, rest pause and supersets. However being non-trained for 5 years and now training as a natty, holy shit, recovery times, tendon strain and muscle ache are unbelievable. 

It's funny really, the only thing that is the same since my break from training is the intensity, I only know how to train hard and heavy. So my body seems to thinking "f*ck this, i'm out!". 

However i'm pushing through. The biggest thing for me, is mentally trying to push through, it's disheartening when my numbers have gone from 220kg deadlift, 220kg squat, 120kg bench (my bench sucks) to 100kg deadlift, 100kg squat and 65kg bench. My numbers before weren't amazing, they were good for me, I've never been one for being amazingly strong, but my numbers now do depress me a little. However they are moving up, when I first started training I was hitting like 60kg deads and squats and 40kg bench, so i'm improving. 

Regarding going to the doctors and stuff, I went a few times when I first came to this country, I mentioned how I was feeling etc, they did blood tests and stuff, I didn't specifically mention steroid use because i was applying through immigration etc, however they told me my levels were low, but blamed it on stress and pressure of moving country and starting a whole new life and blah blah blah. I ended up on anti-depressants for about 18 months, which honest to god sucks ass. I finally told them I feel like shit on anti's and don't want to take them anymore, I stopped taking them and actually felt a lot better. I didn't bother with the doctors for a long time after this, I went back a few months ago and saw 3 doctors over the course of a few weeks and they were all reluctant to actually test for anything. 

In the end I thought bugger this, if I ever want to use again I will buy UGL. However as stated above, I feel I have a long way to go in terms of training etc first. 

In short, i'm a qualified PT (isn't everyone lol), best thing I ever did was set up a gym in my home country, which eventually went down in flames (don't most of them lol). I'm a big bodybuilding fan, however prefer 70's, 80's and 90's bodybuilding, i'm not a fan of modern stuff. I believe in HIT and top notch nutrition. 

If anyone read this to the end, great work, thanks!

Damn nigga you've lost 15kg in 2 months. That's awesome you're obviously on track provided you aren't starving yourself. Those lifts will come back in no time and you'll probably smoke them naturally before you even get back on the gear if you ever do. 100% know what you mean about slow recovery and tendons etc. The struggle is real. Good on you bro and look forward to seeing your progress. You should enter a few novice powerlifting comps at some stage , try a few different feds and see how you go. 

Thanks Skeletor!

Eating 2500 cals, I would normally eat less to lose weight, but i'm just pounding the cardio, even 30 mins, I come off drenched in sweat. 

That actually would be an amazing goal to have, try to beat my best lifts naturally! Thanks for the idea! Maybe one day, would have to work super hard for that! It would be amazing to compete though!

4 hours ago, RandySavage said:

Thanks Skeletor!

Eating 2500 cals, I would normally eat less to lose weight, but i'm just pounding the cardio, even 30 mins, I come off drenched in sweat. 

That actually would be an amazing goal to have, try to beat my best lifts naturally! Thanks for the idea! Maybe one day, would have to work super hard for that! It would be amazing to compete though!

bro if you train specifically for power lifting you will have no issues beating your old best lifts naturally. pick the sport of powerlifting now before its too late and you get sucked in to the wierdness that is bodybuilding :)

Wow! It sounds like you are 100% on the right track.  The poor recovery could be many factors like calorie deficiency, you're an old bugger now, the body is so far out of shape and yes possible low test. If I was you I would keep on the natty path for at least another 6 months. I'm guessing you still have a lot of acess body fat.  Fat+steroids=not good. Get the body fat down! The lower the body fat,  the better you eat, the more exercise, the higher your natural test will be. There is no harm in waiting but jumping back on AAS could be a disaster and slow you down. Also sourcing in NZ is tricky. The easiest gear to get is usually the worst. The best gear is usually passed around in tight knit circles and they won't open up if your the new kid on the block. So just lift, eat right and be patient.  

33 minutes ago, Terrymundo said:

Wow! It sounds like you are 100% on the right track.  The poor recovery could be many factors like calorie deficiency, you're an old bugger now, the body is so far out of shape and yes possible low test. If I was you I would keep on the natty path for at least another 6 months. I'm guessing you still have a lot of acess body fat.  Fat+steroids=not good. Get the body fat down! The lower the body fat,  the better you eat, the more exercise, the higher your natural test will be. There is no harm in waiting but jumping back on AAS could be a disaster and slow you down. Also sourcing in NZ is tricky. The easiest gear to get is usually the worst. The best gear is usually passed around in tight knit circles and they won't open up if your the new kid on the block. So just lift, eat right and be patient.  

Excellent advice Terrymundo!

Totally agreed, I think i'm enjoying Natty tbh. I'm learning to enjoy training again and learning how my body reacts to macros again. I definitely wouldn't risk gear with my body fat atm! The sourcing is always the trickiest, back in the UK it's pretty easy, the availability of gear and the quality of it is really up there. Like many I imagine, I just trained and became friends with people who competed who then offered me cycle advice etc. However I train in a home gym now so don't meet that many serious lifters. I've heard alot of bad things about NZ gear and tbh, I wouldn't go near it with a 10 foot pole unless I felt 100% confident in who I was buying from!

Thanks for the advice and looking in mate

Welcome to the gang Randy, as you have notice the mostly of the boys here are very kind and keen to share knowledge and of course support and encourage when we are in our journey,:rolleyes: I have been a bit where you are at the moment (im far away from home too and to many hospital sleepovers :unsure: ) but hey who hasn't had a low, the key is train mentally to motivate yourself into it an bounce back slowly of course remember good things take time ( even when you have done a pretty good job so far with that weight loss)

Feel proud of yourself as you have  take the first step (the hardest one) to become a better you  :*

xoxox

4 minutes ago, Rainbowdevil said:

Welcome to the gang Randy, as you have notice the mostly of the boys here are very kind and keen to share knowledge and of course support and encourage when we are in our journey,:rolleyes: I have been a bit where you are at the moment (im far away from home too and to many hospital sleepovers :unsure: ) but hey who hasn't had a low, the key is train mentally to motivate yourself into it an bounce back slowly of course remember good things take time ( even when you have done a pretty good job so far with that weight loss)

Feel proud of yourself as you have  take the first step (the hardest one) to become a better you  :*

xoxox

Thanks Rainbowdevil for the kind words!

Everyone has been really awesome so far, it's helping motivationally just being on here.

Have you got through the low? Do you have a journal or log I can follow?

yes there is a journey log from last year, not as technical and scientific like the pros here hehehe but it describes what i was passing thru even there is a photo which won the photo of the month :-p hahahaha not sure i guess you can see it thru my profile i guess is called starting from scratch, there is another topic i created to make everyone laugh for Halloween where im dressed as the Joker check it out surely will make you giggle for the night hehe :* called catching up i think