Pain in outside of calf during squats

Josef

Hi guys 

I have recently started using SBD sleaves during my squats.until now I have not used sleeves at all.after a few weeks of training with them and getting up closer to my 1rm I started getting pain in the outside of my calf when coming up out of the hole.i all ways squat to depth and havnt had this problem before.

Any ideas?

It's kinda hard for people to make assumptions with very little info, history, videos etc bla bla. Could just be a little niggle, imbalance, form issue, programming, warm ups, mobility, work boots, recovery, the possible lists go on. 

I think over time individuals get better at assessing their bodies, working aroUnd sore bits, knowing what's bad, and what's really just the human body. 

Check out "mobility WOD" there is lots of mobility and self rehab/pre hab videos and information. You'll probably find something there directed at the calf, and lots of hip/leg/glute work as well that could be what's causing pain down there. 

On 22 August 2016 at 4:47 AM, Josef said:

Could it be ankle mobility.I have changed my stance a bit and worked alot on stopping my knees from caving in

well if you have changed your stance and are changing the way you press out of the hole via hip or knee position then it's probably this. You need to drop the weight back and let your body get used to the differences. It's like people who bench heavy then someone tells them to widen the grip so they just widen the grip and keep benching heavy. Higher possibility going to get hurt.

when ever I have mad changes I have always pulled the weight back and work it back up gradually. There's no rush. That's what I would suggest you do,