RU58841 - topical DHT blocker

Has anyone tried or heard of RU58841?

It's a topical DHT blocker, which means (theoretically) it's great for fighting hair loss, without having the nasty systemic side effects of finasteride.

And it does seem like it could be quite effective, but despite this it's not very well known. There are a few studies and anecdotal reports that have popped up on forums over the 10 years. But it certainly hasn't become mainstream.

If you haven't heard of it, there's a lot of info here: http://www.ru58841.info/

Thoughts?

here comes the "but its only hair shave it off c*nt" crowd. sorry but being young and bald isn't desirable and makes for some real ugly fuckers, if a man can keep his hair he should do it.

on the topic of RU the issues I've had is the price of around $75 a month because it degrades so quickly, buying raws I believe it only lasts for 3 months max under great conditions. if its exposed to light or the wrong temperature that time is way shorter. 

you also have to make the mixture (carrier cream) every other day or every time you use it because it degrades so fast. its a huge pain in the ass compared to a daily pill like fina/duta. i think the better option before tying RU is just topical spiro + nizoral (do both after going over your head with a dermaroller to ensure absorption). its what i'll be trying anyway, RU is so powerful its kind of last resort imo. 

I wouldn't say I'm obsessing over it. I just stumbled across this product, and researching it appealed to my inner geek. It just amazed me that something that (apparently) was so effective, and relatively free of side effects, hadn't taken off commercially.

On 7/23/2016 at 0:35 AM, anavarbrah said:

you also have to make the mixture (carrier cream) every other day or every time you use it because it degrades so fast.

Really? I've seen various estimates of how quickly it degrades, but nothing as short as this. Most seem to fall somewhere between a few weeks to 6 months. (The site above suggests 6 months, but I'd probably play it safer than that.)