Jack of two trades, master of none!

EliteProAli

4 minutes ago, EliteProAli said:

Obviously I have a goal to achieve this year but after that might slowly try to get into the 83s if possible. I know I can do it but would it be quality size? Thats the councern

I guess if you want to keep bodybuilding too u would want to stay pretty lean. I've gone the way of just getting as big as i can no matter what in the past, you just get tubby and lifts are still average. In saying that you may need to do just that. Add size at all costs then come back to where u want, sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to drop back if needed

On 12/07/2016 at 9:25 PM, Bigken1985 said:

I guess if you want to keep bodybuilding too u would want to stay pretty lean. I've gone the way of just getting as big as i can no matter what in the past, you just get tubby and lifts are still average. In saying that you may need to do just that. Add size at all costs then come back to where u want, sounds like it wouldn't be too hard to drop back if needed

It could be an option mate!

On 13/07/2016 at 10:17 AM, Monarchking said:

Bring back 82+ ali

Haha if I can maintain condition and gain slowly I would. I guess for now 74 is where I will be most competitive at..

2 hours ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

fark man im forever miring your lifts in this class! keep going hard, crazy bench especially

Hey thanks man I appreciate it. Everyone says bench I say squat! Never thought I would do 4 plates for a set of 8. Thanks mate and I hope you been well

What's up Kiwis! 

Feeling mentally better and prepared to workout again. Nothing interesting tonight - trying to ease back into the program and adjusting accordingly if necessary.

Squats : 180kg x 1 (no belt / sleeves) (not shown)
                  150kg 3 x 3 (no belt / sleeves)

Bench press: 140kg x 1 (no belt / wraps) 
                           100kg 2 x 10 (no belt / wraps)

No accessories were performed tonight.

Will give deadlifts a go on Sunday and do some belt-less work. Off to stretch / mobilize then spend some time with the wife.

... And sneak some Diablo 3 time :-p

What's up guys.

Today's workout consisted of:

7 sets of 3 177.5kg Deadlifts (video)

5 sets of 5 115kg Bench Press (video)

2 sets of 8 65kg Incline Bench Press

4 sets of  8 80kg Barbell Rows

3 sets of 12 50kg Face Pulls

Today felt pretty average to be honest. Everything felt rather heavy and form felt very off. On camera it looked ok though. I guess maybe it was because  2 things. 

1. Didn't sleep very well due to having a cold
2. Didn't mobilize / warm up adequately 

Macros were 165p/80f/410c - weighing in at 75kg's on the dot.

Spent most of my day doing house chores and youtubing Jesse Norris and Mark Bell. Pretty chill day, just preparing for the 9-5 grind tomorrow :( 

What up homies

I decided to sigh up for a bench meet this weekend - bit of a rash decision but I'm itching to get on the platform again. Plus I don't care as much about placings anymore. Just want to do my best in a competition setting.

Here's a video from last night weighing 75.2kg and managed a 152.5kg pause. In the video it looked pretty tough but I feel like it moved faster.

Will open on 140kg and if that flies I will do 150kg on my second attempt. If 140kg feels 'meh' then I will make 150kg my final attempt.

Weighing in at 75kg on the dot this morning.

#mirin all day err day bro.  godly bench in that class. that belt on bench, im curious about it. in what way does it help, how do you / should you change technique to support a stronger lift with belt on etc? i only know how to use it for benefit in squat/deads so far but keen to try anything that might help bench even by a little

35 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

How come we get the fully clothed video, and Facebook gets a shirtless one? Are you catering for a different audience there? ;-D

LOL! Mate I'm just respecting your forum by wearing a T-shirt :-p Plus I'm tryna impress the wife ;) (yeah right, she could care less LOL)

Plus this is a PB for me! (in terms of clean movement atleast) FB hasn't seen this nor Instagram for that matter!

26 minutes ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

#mirin all day err day bro.  godly bench in that class. that belt on bench, im curious about it. in what way does it help, how do you / should you change technique to support a stronger lift with belt on etc? i only know how to use it for benefit in squat/deads so far but keen to try anything that might help bench even by a little

Thanks doggy-dog! 

The bench is ok! ultimately over time (if possible FOR ME) I want 4 plates for a pause like this 

Ok so the belt helps the same way : ) - let's me brace against it but I definitely think wrist wraps help a shit tonne IMO. At the end of the day you want to create tightness in all 3 lifts - I think I am most confident in my bench in creating tightness. Still need a bit more time to feel the same way about my squats and deads unfortunately lol.

Also arching helps not only by limiting ROM but using more of them fiBrEgAinZ

here's a pic for you Pseudo! LOOLrelaxmostmuscular.jpg

31 minutes ago, FellowshipOfTheRon said:

Took me ages to learn how to use my abs in the bench, and now I also use a belt in a similar fassion.(push against etc) keeps me tighter and also I don't get sore lower or glute from arc because abs are braced a lot better 

17 hours ago, maccaz said:

shit loochi you look huge for 75. 

strong as

Lool thanks bro. Good lighting and good pump does wonders. Ask Pseudo. Had a train with them at the best gym in NZL (my garage LOL) and he will confirm that I ain't that big

7 hours ago, tyreguy said:

but...but wait how can you be so huge? :-)

Good angles lighting and pump mayne