Jack of two trades, master of none!

EliteProAli

What up y'all.

Been a while since I have posted on these forums (Loochi). Post too much on FB so I thought why not post somewhere like here instead where it's more appropriate? :-p

STATS:

- Fluctuating between 75 - 76 kg body weight (lift in the U74kg class. Duh) 

- 9.5 years of training (7 years bodybuilding, 2.5 years powerlifting)

- 5'7 / 171cm (Manlet)
- IIFYM (Since 2011 and wouldn't do it any other way!)

- 2007 - 2011 bro split training (chest Monday, legs Tuesday etc)
- 2011 - 2013 PHAT training (2 days strength, 2-3 days hypertrophy)
- 2014 - Current is DUP / mucking around with things like  5,3,1 (Prefer DUP)

As you can see, in 2014 I started powerlifting in hopes to improve my physique by increasing my lifts. Safe to say so far it's done a decent job and not to mention I love it as much as bodybuilding!

Despite the irony of my user name, I haven't reached the Elite standard in the NZPF for my weight class and nor am I a pro bodybuilder. But I intend to reach these goals at some stage in my lifting life - beginning with the Elite total that I am striving for in the U74kg class. (575kg) this year hopefully :-o

My best lifts in competition:

S: 190kg

B: 147.5kg
D: 215kg 

My best lifts in the gym:

S: 202.5kg (Could have done 205kg I reckon)

B: 150kg (Could have done 152.5kg I reckon)

D: 230kg (Could have done 235kg or more I reckon)

But my favourite accomplishment thus far is my 8 rep max with the following weights :wub: 

SQUAT

BENCH

DEADLIFT

This week's a deload week for me but I will post my lifts on a regular basis (trust me, my fb friends who are on here will tell you I do lol) 

Cheers homies.

2015-07-25 17.37.10.jpg

25 minutes ago, EliteProAli said:

Hey bro

Nah. Nationals so expensive man lol. I only compete once or twice a year as well so I am saving it for November : )

Thanks man! 

fair enough man. Was bad enough without flights. They putting out annual membership up too next year :angry:

2 minutes ago, Bigken1985 said:

fair enough man. Was bad enough without flights. They putting out annual membership up too next year :angry:

Ayyy? You serious? That's pretty lame lol. 

To be honest I just want to hit that total in a meet then I am not sure about future meets. So I guess it won't affect me too much. 

2 minutes ago, EliteProAli said:

To be honest I just want to hit that total in a meet then I am not sure about future meets. So I guess it won't affect me too much. 

Yeah. Does start to become a rich man's sport which I don't agree with. 

Do you think the bodybuilding stuff helped get a solid bench?

7 minutes ago, Bigken1985 said:

Yeah. Does start to become a rich man's sport which I don't agree with. 

Do you think the bodybuilding stuff helped get a solid bench?

Hmmm I think it could just be genetic? Hate to resort to that but I've only been benching since I started PLing. I've obviously tried 1RM's once in a blue moon for fun in my BBing days.

Take for example my squats. I have been squatting since 2009.. Yet my squat isn't impressive to most while my bench apparently is. 

6 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Good to see you hear, bro. Will follow. :-)

BTW, you can always post the details of your workout here, and then put a link to it on FB. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Thanks Pseudo! Good to be back : )

Yeah I saw that function and I thought it was cool! Perhaps when I do a PB or something worth posting on there? I am gonna try to blog my workouts and how they went, what goals I want to pursue after I achieve my current goals etc etc 

Deloads suck... Just want to lift... but it's for the best I guess!

46 minutes ago, BeastBuilder said:

So are you doing Nationals in 6 weeks down in Chch to try hit that total ?

Or are you saving for a competition next year ?

Also your 8RM is strangely close to your PBs, why's that ? Does your technique or tightness go tits up under heavy weights ?

Sounds like hes not doing Nationals reading above because of cost etc. 

Should do bench nationals Ali if you have qualified. Be a good battle between you and Kavwa 

7 hours ago, BeastBuilder said:

So are you doing Nationals in 6 weeks down in Chch to try hit that total ?

Or are you saving for a competition next year ?

Also your 8RM is strangely close to your PBs, why's that ? Does your technique or tightness go tits up under heavy weights ?

There is a competition in November called the classic cup that I've set my sights on bro. 

Honestly I am not sure. Obviously the bench was touch and go. My maxed for pause reps is 7 reps at 130. I have to admit, my 8 rep maxes were on such a good day in terms of lifting. Should have tried doing a PB on those days. I think I might try my PBs again sometime this week. Perhaps Thurs... Or should I keep my deload..

6 hours ago, jimmybro1 said:

Sounds like hes not doing Nationals reading above because of cost etc. 

Should do bench nationals Ali if you have qualified. Be a good battle between you and Kavwa 

I don't think I qualified! That guys a beast. Had a training session at mine the other week. Definitely has me on the bench! I will try for 155 to matvh him but realistically he's done 157.5 and only failed on butt coming off so I got a long way

4 hours ago, Monarchking said:

Hello

Hi buddy : )

30 minutes ago, BeastBuilder said:

Sorry team, should have read the subsequent posts and would have answered my question for me.

And yes stick with deload if you have one programmed, don't chuck in random max testing lol.

When is the most optimal to test maxes? Anyone have any thoughts? At the end of a deload, last week of your block, etc etc

1 hour ago, EliteProAli said:

When is the most optimal to test maxes? Anyone have any thoughts? At the end of a deload, last week of your block, etc etc

Depends on how your programme has been set up.

But yes generally at the end of a block and after a deload to make sure you're not still fatigued.

I don't really do any maxes except for at comp, I do a few quite heavy testers generally 10 days or so out but being a smaller person you wouldn't need that much of a deload. Chad Wesley Smith has some great vids and discussions on that kinda thing.

On 11/07/2016 at 9:09 PM, Bigken1985 said:

Just now, EliteProAli said:

Thanks for your reply mate. Appreciate it.

I think I will focus on just doing the work thats prescribed rather than focus on maxing.

Was watching the 93s lift just before for IPF and man wish I had more mass to lift more. Struggle to put on quality size. Loool