Ongoing GoT thread

Wookie

51 minutes ago, Wookie said:

Watched this from the beginning with the wife. 

She wanted to give up near the end of season 5.

I thought Season 6 was absolutely outstanding TV. Episodes 9 and 10 were brilliant.

Did not see the Wildfire blow up coming.

Thoughts?

im a big fan, have been watching since the start. 

its the type of show when i can't pick a side, not necessarily the usual good vs bad. always conflicted.

when i saw the wildfire i clicked to the reference the week before where (i think??) tyrion talked about the mad king having stored wildfire under the city, crazy

35 minutes ago, Bruce Al said:

Watched the first 2 and a half seasons then missed a bunch of episodes and didnt get back into it.. will have to go back and watch again.

Personally i prefered Vikings and Marco Polo.

As you know the basics skip straight to season 6. 

3 hours ago, maccaz said:

what do you watch if you watch tv? 

crocodile hunter? 

snuff movies?

Can't even remember the last time I watched t.v. Used to watch that shit when I was at school but lost interest. Only use t.v. for C.O.D but lost interest in that too now. David Attenborough docos lol. Probably was last shit I watched and that was when was in nz over Christmas. Watch other docos but on YouTube and not tv

A clip from the last episode

If that makes me a nerd, so be it.
(background: Religious cult takes over the city due to the weak king. The Queen mother is supposed to stand trial, but skips court and uses the Mountain (Strongman Hafthor Bjornnson) to keep her son, the King away from the trial. His wife is seen frantically trying to work out what's going on.

Yeah, at the end of last season, I thought I was over GoT. I just wasn't as emotionally engaged as I had been initially.

Or so I thought. This season proved I was wrong. :-p

Next season will be very interesting indeed - it feels like all the pieces of the jigsaw are finally moving into place. So what are our predictions?

I think Sansa is going to have an interesting storyline. Littlefinger is determined to have her, and yet hubby #1 (Tyrion) is making his way back home.

Will Jamie forgive Cersei, or has she gone too far? How will Queen Margery's grandma get her revenge? And I'm still not entirely sure I trust the fat eunuch. 

Just spitballing about the dragons but I reckon since there's 3 of them, Danerys will ride one, Jon will ride another since they both Targeryn, and then if Bram sorts his shit and stops being a lil bitch he should be able to control the 3rd.

Also the whitewalkers sort of didn't do anything towards the end of this season so I have feeling that they are guna comeback with a vengeance at the start of the next season, or I hope so anyway.

Also yea shame we have to wait a fucking year for the next season. I reckon shit is about to get real.

My little theory BB, is that maybe, just maybe Tyrion is a secret Targeryan, and rides the third.

Sansa told Jon that "Winter is here", so no doubt the White Walkers show up.

Pseudo: I really don't know what happens with Littlefinger. I heard he's not part of the "tier 1" salaries in the show - Tyrion, Danny, Cersei, Jamie, Jon are the people on $500k an episode. It does seem most likely one of those actors have the major roles- I can't help but think Littlefinger makes a move soon and meets his end - Sansa can't stand his guts.

11 hours ago, Wookie said:

My little theory BB, is that maybe, just maybe Tyrion is a secret Targeryan, and rides the third.

I did think about this, and that the Lannister mother got raped etc and that's why his dad hated him so much cos he was a dwarf and a bastard, but I dunno. Got released a Targeryn family tree and he wasn't on it so kinda killed that theory, unless they're fucking with us.

Otherwise wtf can Bran do if not control a dragon lol.

9 minutes ago, BeastBuilder said:

I did think about this, and that the Lannister mother got raped etc and that's why his dad hated him so much cos he was a dwarf and a bastard, but I dunno. Got released a Targeryn family tree and he wasn't on it so kinda killed that theory, unless they're fucking with us.

Otherwise wtf can Bran do if not control a dragon lol.

Yeah its possible...thats what I think. But who knows? Probably 3 people.

Bran... man my wife can't stand him. So far the only character fail in the show. To think he's Arya and Sansa's sibling...

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Yeah its possible...thats what I think. But who knows? Probably 3 people.

Bran... man my wife can't stand him. So far the only character fail in the show. To think he's Arya and Sansa's sibling...

He's the useless hipster kid stark. Not a fan.

32 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

He's what now? Did I miss something?

Lol maybe just didn't make the connections bro, the show didn't explain it very well.

Ned Starks sister was raped by Rhaegar  (check spelling lol), and had a baby, which was Jon Snow. But Ned had to protect him by saying he was his bastard otherwise Robert would have killed him knowing he was a Targeryn.

So Jon is half Stark, half Targeryn so he's one bad ass motherfucker. And Danerys is his aunty.