Drink bottles...

crazyfacials

Random question, how many of you guys go for a BPA free bottle instead of what a rungy person like myself would do (any container is pretty much a drink bottle), had this debate at work and a co worker reckons his health has improved once he started to use a BPA free drink bottle (although I am willing to bet that he'd say the same about taking a multi vitamin everyday)

Having a quick on , those things are not cheap! And every brand brags how it's better than the rest when it's just a bottle!

I re-use my Pump (or alternative brand) water bottle until it starts looking unacceptably green in the bottom. Then I bin it and get a new one. Ideally, you want enough the bottle lined with enough slime that it protects you from the BPA, but not so much that it's toxic in its own right. It's all about the happy medium.

Seriously though, I try not to let my water bottles sit in hot sun, but apart from that, I don't worry about BPA unduly. Maybe that's because I don't know enough about it.

On a semi-related note, what's with people lugging enormous containers of water to the gym? Many of them are more water barrel than bottle. Do they think the gym's water fountain will run dry?

^ ya not sure why anyone need 2-3 litre of water at the gym lol, must be some trendy thing i guess. peoples stringers are also getting really wierd, like some of the guys may as well just wear a floss bikini or some shit lol.

i just use whatever bottle i have. for work got a flip lid bpa free bottle from countdown for like 5 bucks , if it cost more than that i wouldn't have bothered but since im so stingy that's cheaper than buying a new pump bottle every month, been like 6 months now no slime , not sure if thats a quality of bpa free bottles in general or if countdown bottle got some other special coating on it that give me some random cancer

I wouldn't bother with the BPA free bottles, just seems like a jumped up marketing campaign to me to charge $10 for a water bottle. Plus everything apparently gives you cancer these days so f*ck it lol.

Regarding big bottles, I take a 2L bottle with me, I actually use it all day, generally go through 6L a day so works well. During gym session I'll usually have 1.5L or so so having the bigger bottle saves me trips to the water fountain cos I'm a lazy bastard. But yes some of the jugs people carry around these days are totally unnecessary and I doubt they'd even drink the contents of one in a day !

750ml pump bottle. Use at work, gym home. Usually replace once a fortnight when starts to get crushed and become weaker.

partner got given a Lululemon drink bottle for her bday. It's like a glass bottle with a rubbery cover over it. It's a pain in the arse though is rather just biff my bottle when I feel it's getting old than wash it then rinse the detergent out of it. Cbf

2 litre eco-tanker crew checking in. Awesome as f*ck, huge lid can get the mrs's whole hand in there to clean when need be. I go through 1.5 litres of water in 45 mins of cardio.. at work I just use a 1.5 plastic bottle and replace when its scoody~

Unsure when a drink bottle became trendy or how it relates to stringers but Im keen as to learn about it if it's a new trend, being 39 it's hard to keep up with the hip kids so fill me in FellowShip, cheers!

1 hour ago, donz said:

2 litre eco-tanker crew checking in. Awesome as f*ck, huge lid can get the mrs's whole hand in there to clean when need be. I go through 1.5 litres of water in 45 mins of cardio.. at work I just use a 1.5 plastic bottle and replace when its scoody~

Unsure when a drink bottle became trendy or how it relates to stringers but Im keen as to learn about it if it's a new trend, being 39 it's hard to keep up with the hip kids so fill me in FellowShip, cheers!

You're 39?

On 6/22/2016 at 7:27 PM, Wookie said:

Got a Nalgene from the USA. 

End of the day, does it hold water? Can you drink out of it?

Success.

Haha

The BPA thing is a scare tactic as far as I can see. The original studies were from american research institutes looking at the effects of BPA in the Chinese produced drink bottles. Given the likely legal outcomes if these claims were true, no company would ever subject themselves to a potential lawsuit of this size (apart from the pharma industry who seem to continuously do just that on a regular basis). Is it possible that disposable water bottles could have low dose chemicals that in large amounts can cause harm? Absolutely, canned tuna in large amounts comes with a very real risk of mercury poisoning.

A useful quote by Paracelsus (German Physician, "father of toxicology") "All things are poison and nothing is without poison, only the dosage makes a thing not a poison". If you ate enough apple seeds you would die, however it would take around 6 bowls of apple seeds to kill the average human. 

No I didn't pull that quote out of my ass, my physiology lecturer quoted it in a lecture (Nick Ling, great lecturer/professor)

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

Waiting for the male modelling career to really take off when you can be jacked, tan and have a few greys in the beard?

Haha already got a few beard greys .. just takes a week or 2 for facial hair to be long enough to see them... 40 is the new ... nothing is new at 40 hahah