Need help stopped growing

Install

Any one got some ideas ? Train everyday some time twice a day , but I stopped growing and not getting stronger feel like I'm ready to try something new! Anyone who can help ? I already take creteain and protein and lots of other supplements but feel ready to try something new . Any help would be great :)

What's your training routine like? TBH, as soon as I hear "I'm training twice a day" that rings alarm bells for me. Training more or training harder isn't always better. The key is to keep dialing up your workouts in some way. Sometimes that may be workout frequency, but more likely it's increasing the sets or the reps, or dropping the sets/reps and increasing the weights.

I guess I'm asking: what's your progression plan?

Usually mix it up a bit chest Monday's, Tuesday arms , Wednesday legs , Thursday back , Friday shoulders , but I do heaps of chin ups dips and press ups most days , I weight 90 kg and bench 135 kg dead lift 200kg and squat 130kg but just not growing any more . Eat heaps to about 6 meals a day just to keep weight on . But I just wondered if there anything out there that can help me get pass where I am feel like I've plateaued.

For starters drop the twice training everyday. You'll never recover from that unless you're on gear, sleeping 10 plus hours a day and eating like a horse. Drop it back to like 5 days and take a look at your workout. You should really be able to hit an entire session in one and a half hours. What are you doing sets and reps wise? Let's say for legs?  Ideally you should be aiming to get stronger so lower rep sets 3, 5 and even 8 with as heavy as you can go safely on a compound movement first and few sets on a more isolation type excercise with higher reps to failure/supersets etc for the target area. Training the same body part twice a week is fine if you can recover from it ok but I'd definitely be looking at a couple of rest days so you could mix chest and back on 2 days but just alternate chest from first to second on alternate days. If you're just worried about getting stronger just run a simple powerlifting program. It will just come down to your commitment to it .  Up your macros, get stronger, get bigger.  We all stray off the path and stall you just have to keep pushing and eventually youll be off again. Just my 2 cents if it helps. 

You're going to need to put a bit more effort and detail into your posts if you want good answers... Bit hard to give advice with such brief information as to what you are currently doing. Your 90kg but how lean are you? You eat heaps but what's heaps? From my experience working with people who are new to lifting 90% "eat heaps" until they find out what they should be eating.

You squat 130 and bench 135. That's your problem right there. You need to get stronger. 

Wednesday legs, Thursday back.... No bro put legs Monday and back Thursday or Friday. You need to stop training chest shoulders and arms so much and train big muscle groups hard and get lots of recovery. I'm not saying chest arms and shoulders aren't important because they are. But how can you train back hard after you have trained legs hard the day before. You're squatting, deadlifting, barbell rowing on back to back days those should be some of the hardest exercises.

at a guess you probably need to train harder and eat more. When I say train harder I mean train harder not more often or for longer. Harder means intensity not duration or frequency.

but yeah post some detail man

I'm not really qualified to reply like some of these guys, but what's working for me is working so intensely at the gym that I'm done in under 90 minutes regardless of the muscle group.  Always start with the big compound exercises like squats, deadlifts, and presses.  I always finish my sets with 5 reps of something more than I lifted the week before.

I go 5 nights/week, taking Wednesdays and Saturdays off, with the following groupings:

1 Chest/triceps

2 Back/Biceps

OFF

3 Shoulders

4 Legs

OFF

1 Chest/Triceps

etc...

I'd say stop doing heaps of pull-ups...they have their place on back day, otherwise you're wasting energy doing something you're already good at...the body doesn't grow doing things it likes...focus on the exercises you suck at.

I see a lot of guys with big v-tapered backs come in and blow 20 minutes doing pull-ups...then work at 50% on the muscle group they originally came to work on.

Also, if you're fiddling with your iPhone, you aren't working intensely...this seems to be a real plague at my gym.

On 19/06/2016 at 4:33 PM, Install said:

Usually mix it up a bit chest Monday's, Tuesday arms , Wednesday legs , Thursday back , Friday shoulders , but I do heaps of chin ups dips and press ups most days , I weight 90 kg and bench 135 kg dead lift 200kg and squat 130kg but just not growing any more . Eat heaps to about 6 meals a day just to keep weight on . But I just wondered if there anything out there that can help me get pass where I am feel like I've plateaued.

nice bench, im not as big as you but perhaps a bit of powerlifting / training legs harder will serve you well for overall growth. what size are your legs at that weight anyway just out of curiosity? im only weighting in mid 60s but my squat/dead total is much higher than yours

Hey thanks for all your inputs , got some good ideas to try . And agree about the legs thing as they are my weak point . I have trouble doing squats due to having knee problems so avoid legs and only train them once a week. And with my eating I eat lots of chicken , tuna , eggs and only use high protein bread , and eat vegetables when the mrs makes them . I going try mixing my training up and only go once a day . I seem to be carrying a lot of little injuries at the moment so I'm laying off chin ups. But I'll get body fat test done this week and will post my progress. But thanks for all your input 

My best results have probably come from training each body part 1x per week with heavy weight, hard contractions and full ROM. I think increasing training frequency is the first thing people look to when wanting to improve a certain body part but it's not always the best way to go. It definitely has its place though. In regards to leg training, I know for me when I am training hard my legs will take about 5 days to recover so training them more than once a week wouldn't be possible...