2016 GPC Nationals

Skeletor

Was going to (payed for membership and $60 of the $80 for comp) but cbf now as new job so no annual leave and going to be making an appearance in court around that time so haven't bothered training squats or deads and also pretty much lost interest in PL.

2 hours ago, PETN said:

Was going to (payed for membership and $60 of the $80 for comp) but cbf now as new job so no annual leave and going to be making an appearance in court around that time so haven't bothered training squats or deads and also pretty much lost interest in PL.

f*ck lucky I saw this I hadn't even paid to enter the comp or filled out the form.  Could have been embarrassing ?

14 hours ago, Skeletor said:

f*ck lucky I saw this I hadn't even paid to enter the comp or filled out the form.  Could have been embarrassing ?

Would have liked to have gone could cost me up to $12k (for flights, accommodation  skipping court, and lost income) and f*ck that. Might just try make it to a push/pull at end of year. Hopefully my $60 can go towards that.

1 hour ago, Pseudonym said:

Where's the commitment? You're just not trying hard enough, bro.

I'm not sure if you're taking the piss? Considering that me not turning up to a court and providing evidence (re. legal action that I initiated) would almost certainly cost me 10k that is owed to me I'd rather do that than a PL comp.

I'm more committed to winning in court against fuckwits who I'd happily give a bullet each if it didn't mean spending time in prison than I am to lifting weights for 1 rep while wearing a tight lycra onsie that people can see outline of my dick through. It's a matter of principle as well as the money.

Hah. I tend not to take photos at these things now... the entire audience have got cameras on their phones, so by the time I've got home and processed my photos, other people's pics have already been up on Facebook for hours.

But if I'm around, I'll certainly come along for a bit to watch and support.

• 2 weeks later...

They've really stepped things up this year. Live stream, 2 day format, international judges etc I can't wait.

Going to be a big battle for the overall, Hamish has been working hard on his technique and won't be giving up his title without a fight, Dale is an unpredictable beast, under estimate him at your own peril and Jamie Thompson has been training like a man possessed. Expect some huge numbers from him. Who knows who else could come out of the woodwork. 

On the female side I haven't heard too much but Kate Mitchell will be sure to turn heads and puts most men's totals to shame. 

Lots of mini battles going on too, myself and maccas have been going toe to toe on squats all prep, he has pulled away from me a wee bit the last few weeks but if he goes for a monster 3rd and misses it I might just get my nose in front. 

3 minutes ago, bang_bang said:

Lots of mini battles going on too, myself and maccas have been going toe to toe on squats all prep, he has pulled away from me a wee bit the last few weeks but if he goes for a monster 3rd and misses it I might just get my nose in front. 

yeah buddy, cant wait, also, i wont miss

Bryn helped me heaps in my first comp. We warm up with the same weights and attempt selection was all around the same to so was good working in with him. We hit the same numbers in both squat and bench and he deadlifted 10 more than me. Good guy. 

Looking forward to the head to heads and possibly seeing a few world records. Kate will be looking at a 200 squat from what I've seen on social media.   Going to be an epic couple of days.  Judging is going to be tough from what I'm told so working hard on my lifts.