Oly shoes for sale...

Realtalk

Why so many Olympic lifting (squat shoes) for sale recently? Seems like everyone trying to get rid of them for no reason lol.

Seen like 5 pairs for sale on the NZ powerlifting buy and sell this week and seen a few pairs for sale on here.

whats going on guys?

i tried sell them but seems like not many people out there got as small feet as me.

i reckon i used them as a crutch for depth and now thats its not an issue my squat feels stronger in flat shoes. im gonna keep heels for front squats and thats it, if someone gives me 100$ for them il take it.

off topic but i wish there were flat heeled shoes out there with a solid af sole like romaleos where they are glued to the ground (just without the heel)  chucks are uneven bottom. as its not rigid.

I think cos a whole bunch of people jumped on the Olympic lifting shoe bandwagon for no good reason and now want off it. Or they're shit squatters and seeing as you don't need those shoes to deadlift or bench they're just taking up space where they could keep a couple of sets of high heels. 

So why buy them in the first place would be the first question? Does a powerlifter buy those shoes thinking they'll help his squat not do the research beforehand? That's why I was saying guys buy them cos they're the new "in" thing. Work out it doesn't help and sell them.

I get 10kg out of weightlifting shoes over flats on a front squat, and 5-10 out of flats over WL shoes on low bar backsquat.

I actually think weightlifting heels  slightly increase range of motion on a back squat in order to get depth - think about it.

What it boils down to IMO that people don't have a clue how to experiment and find techniques that suit their builds, thus choosing the correct shoes for the job.

There's obviously something to them or every single oly lifter wouldn't use them .  I loved them when I was high bar squatting . They increase hip and ankle flexibility allowing you to get lower in the squat. Also the firm heel rather than a soft squishy shoe heel allows you  get the full force off the ground as you need to in squats, clean and jerks etc.  

I think part of the problem is guys that try flats wind up using Chucks or the like, which are squishy. They're possibly fine in a monolift, but they compress like crazy with a big squat in a walkout.

Now that people are working out that wrestling shoes can work on all 3 lifts, and have zero 'give', they see an alternative. 

Malanichev has the biggest raw squat of all time in wrestling boots.

8 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I think part of the problem is guys that try flats wind up using Chucks or the like, which are squishy. They're possibly fine in a monolift, but they compress like crazy with a big squat in a walkout.

Now that people are working out that wrestling shoes can work on all 3 lifts, and have zero 'give', they see an alternative. 

Malanichev has the biggest raw squat of all time in wrestling boots.

this is an issue for me, i'll find some wrestling boots, any particular type that aren't real expensive in case i hate using them? 

14 minutes ago, HarryB said:

I look forward to there being a lot of wrestling boots for sale on trademe in the near future lol

Thing is, unless you're one of the 1% of guys who deadlifts in heels, they're basically the best possible shoes for deadlift. So it's not a waste.

I originally squatted in flats because i was too lazy to carry my oly shoes to gym.. theyre heavy bro haha then I got ok at it and thought meh ill make some cash but this weekend as it happens ill be back in my olys :D

Also when im fat/prep it's hard to take wrestling boots off and put on heels to front squat after deads lol

12 minutes ago, donz said:

I originally squatted in flats because i was too lazy to carry my oly shoes to gym.. theyre heavy bro haha then I got ok at it and thought meh ill make some cash but this weekend as it happens ill be back in my olys :D

Also when im fat/prep it's hard to take wrestling boots off and put on heels to front squat after deads lol

good news, how long do you think until you will be squatting back at full potential? 

On 06/06/2016 at 11:19 PM, maccaz said:

i tried sell them but seems like not many people out there got as small feet as me.

i reckon i used them as a crutch for depth and now thats its not an issue my squat feels stronger in flat shoes. im gonna keep heels for front squats and thats it, if someone gives me 100$ for them il take it.

off topic but i wish there were flat heeled shoes out there with a solid af sole like romaleos where they are glued to the ground (just without the heel)  chucks are uneven bottom. as its not rigid.

Funny you say that I was thinking the exact same thing the other day. That wide firm sole but in a flat type shoe would be epic .

10 hours ago, Wookie said:

Thing is, unless you're one of the 1% of guys who deadlifts in heels, they're basically the best possible shoes for deadlift. So it's not a waste.

Better than deadlift slippers? If so, why?

25 minutes ago, PETN said:

Better than deadlift slippers? If so, why?

Cost that's why. Cost more must be better. What's the website link wookie gave us?  Check the business address, probably his place. Got a little sweatshop happening in the back yard next to his shed/gym. 

You can get a pair of wrestling boots for $50 if you're smart. In Aussie I've seen them on sale for $30.

Same sole thickness.

More durable.

And don't allow your feet to move at all, especially in wide or sumo stances.

If you already own deadlift slippers then they're unnecessary.

You guys are hardcase.