Chicken

d3ft0n3s

10 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

I've always found the Mad Butcher's chicken breast is half water, too. At least at Pak'n'Save, more of the weight you're paying for is actually chicken!

Do they actually inject it with water or what ?

10 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Veges are what food eats. ;-)

How's the price of tofu these days?

Tofu is quiet expensive for what it is. 

Beetroot and kumura patties are on specials also at the moment $5.99 for a packet of four. Tastes GAF

On 29 May 2016 at 10:10 AM, jimmybro1 said:

Tofu is quiet expensive for what it is. 

Beetroot and kumura patties are on specials also at the moment $5.99 for a packet of four. Tastes GAF

What protein supplement do you use Mr Jimmybro goes vegan guy?

14 hours ago, Bruce Al said:

What protein supplement do you use Mr Jimmybro goes vegan guy?

No protein supplements. 

I don't think you need massive intakes of protein 80-100g seems to be sufficient for myself. 

I'm not completely vegan.... Will only be meat free 3-4 days a week the remainder of the days I will consume 400g of raw chicken breast is about 85g of protein. I don't eat dairy at all milk, whey, cheese, cream and so on. 

The intention was just to increase dietary fiber and reduce saturated fat intake and excessive protein.  

On 01/06/2016 at 9:14 AM, jimmybro1 said:

No protein supplements. 

I don't think you need massive intakes of protein 80-100g seems to be sufficient for myself. 

I'm not completely vegan.... Will only be meat free 3-4 days a week the remainder of the days I will consume 400g of raw chicken breast is about 85g of protein. I don't eat dairy at all milk, whey, cheese, cream and so on. 

The intention was just to increase dietary fiber and reduce saturated fat intake and excessive protein.  

So your eating the 400g of chicken raw for the protein. So  u can be in the 5%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2016 at 2:54 PM, Pseudonym said:

I can't say for sure what the Mad Butcher does, but it's certainly common practice...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plumping

Take it from me - the Mad Butcher has to be guilty.

I routinely have bought 20-30kg of chicken and I have routinely weighed breasts in bags for me which weighed in excess of 400 grams - once cooked in a foreman grill - weighed 225 grams .

Trust me once you have bagged, weighed and cooked this much chicken you know water injections are evident when half ends up being wasted by plumping 

• 3 weeks later...