Slin usage

I've used it on cycle only. Would hit up to 10iu upon waking and 10iu post workout of fast acting with 70gm simple sugars and some aminos. Pumps were off the hook.

I'm not sure it was worth it other than for the pumps to be honest. I probably wouldn't do it again but some guys love it. 

I tried it pretty briefly 2 years ago. Had vial of Lilly humalin R  and couple pens of novomix rapid (30/70 slow/fast) although only used one. Felt like shit and bit spaced out/cloudy on it. Pretty irritable too and didn't enjoy training pinning it PWO.

Still got a whole novamix pen in fridge. Guess  I think/thought the same thing as harry about not bothering with it.

IMG_20160522_151243.jpg

11 minutes ago, Wookie said:

How much slin requires a 1.5l coke every 3 hours to stop tremors during a weekend strongman contest?

Well the idea was between 7 and 10gms simple sugars per iu of insulin and that was with short acting. With the long acting I have no idea. But I'd imagine a hell of a lot. I'm not sure how it would help during a strength contest though? When I first used it my forearms would get so pumped they'd be sore just holding my warm up dbs. I'd go through my normal warm for a body part and I'd be pumped already. It actually hindered my strength. 

3 hours ago, Wookie said:

How much slin requires a 1.5l coke every 3 hours to stop tremors during a weekend strongman contest?

it wouldn't help during a comp bro it offers no direct advantage to performance unlike dianabol does for example. 

Its only useful in training for hypertrophy (bodybuilding) as the pumps are insane. This is considered the most dangerous way of using it if it is being misused.

the constant monitering of blood sugars you need to do to remain safe is the major down side for me.energy levels once you have dosing sussed during a workout was the main up side for me.having glucose and the means of transporting and the "key "to the uptake of that energy gave me a definate constant increase in energy levels.for me a pak of glucose drink and 6 units of insulin immediately before training insured a good training.did experience the odd hypo which is a bitch as you might as well can that training at this point.even a top up of glucose didnt bring back that extra boost,so as i said monitering important.a further 6 units post workout with some simple sugars and a protein shake a halve hr later.found occasionally blood sugars could drop  around 3 hrs after and keep a close eye on levels a few hrs before bed.more than likely you would wake if your sugars drop overnight,but not always the case.a overnight drop can leave you with a' hypo hang over' on awaking a severe drop would be very difficult to sleep through,but it does happen which is were the real dangers of insulin use come in.,so important to be sure your levels have settled before retiring for the night,your probably thinking is it all worth it,for most probably not.however once you have a "routine its not as much of a hassle as its sounds.and there are some real benifits and gains that can be acheived with carefull insulin use.

i get what your saying,originally i wasnt taking for an increase in performance,but noticed a definate energy increase when i did.no doubt as you say its the sugar,my thinking was the extra insulin somehow was giving a better or more useable uptake of those sugars.constant glucose checks through my workouts showed a pattern of blood glucose spikes around 20 mins in.perhaps the release of stored muscle glycagon  over runs the natural insuliun release.ie the pancreas carnt keep up and supplemented insulin fills this need.

Just now, woody said:

i get what your saying,originally i wasnt taking for an increase in performance,but noticed a definate energy increase when i did.no doubt as you say its the sugar,my thinking was the extra insulin somehow was giving a better or more useable uptake of those sugars.constant glucose checks through my workouts showed a pattern of blood glucose spikes around 20 mins in.perhaps the release of stored muscle glycagon  over runs the natural insuliun release.ie the pancreas carnt keep up and supplemented insulin fills this need.

Most likely you're a candidate for type 2 diabetes and so the insulin makes you uptake your sugars more efficiently. I can actually relate I just don't like pinning all the time. 

On 5/28/2016 at 9:39 AM, HarryB said:

Most likely you're a candidate for type 2 diabetes and so the insulin makes you uptake your sugars more efficiently. I can actually relate I just don't like pinning all the time. 

your 100% correct,my blood sugars do fluctuate and a higher level coupled withan insulin shot seems to give me a huge energy boost.even more so than starting a training at a more normal level.thanks for bringing that point up has made me realize maybe what works for me probably is not good advice for the general public without any blood sugar issues,my thinking is theres probably more individuals out there who do have such issues but dont know it.especially those with a history of steroid use,