NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Skeletor

Transgenders in strength sports

11 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Come on bro - that's a bit harsh. For once, Gyzzbrah's question was perfectly legit.

Yes, he could've asked it without using Van Wyk (not Van Dyk btw, Gyzzbrah!) as an example... but as he says, she was mentioned earlier in the topic. His point wasn't about Van Wyk anyway. Let's not derail the topic by making a big issue out of this.

Fair enough. Just pre-empting his usual going off on a tangent and being offensive, but we are good. 

1 hour ago, maccaz said:

Fair enough. Just pre-empting his usual going off on a tangent and being offensive, but we are good. 

Granted, I laughed at you saying it was unsubstantiated. You can't say Ronnie Coleman took gear then.

1 minute ago, Wookie said:

Granted, I laughed at you saying it was unsubstantiated. You can't say Ronnie Coleman took gear then.

he didn't, he just took the Ronnie Coleman signature series whey

3 minutes ago, PETN said:

Did you add it on fb?

Ahh no I followed its channel when it had only 300 subs or something. All her social media is now on private because of her 30000 subs.

Felt some unexplainable way watching her cry, like a strange mix of sadism and empathy and general dtf'ness.

Did you see the part where she cried? Thoughts?

9 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Ahh no I followed its channel when it had only 300 subs or something. All her social media is now on private because of her 30000 subs.

Felt some unexplainable way watching her cry, like a strange mix of sadism and empathy and general dtf'ness.

You trying to seem like more of a troubled person than you actually are bro ?  

Just now, maccaz said:

You trying to seem like more of a troubled person than you actually are bro ?  

Well im not really outwardly troubled bro. Like if you met me irl youd think im chill as. Though mildly troubled as I am in certain ways, I dont really consider my sexual feelings to be a part of it. Learned to embrace, accept, and further explore it.

Just a monthly shitpost as a reward for being consistent for 2 weeks really.

1 hour ago, GyzzBrah said:

Well im not really outwardly troubled bro. Like if you met me irl youd think im chill as. Though mildly troubled as I am in certain ways, I dont really consider my sexual feelings to be a part of it. Learned to embrace, accept, and further explore it.

Just a monthly shitpost as a reward for being consistent for 2 weeks really.

Back in my day we used our shit posts for things that didn't further alienate ourselves but each to their own bra 

2 hours ago, GyzzBrah said:

Yeah skipped straight to that bit. Can see its point I just disagree that it's "supposed" to not have a penis. It has only itself to blame for the freakshow that it has made itself too.

Born a male. Becomes mentally ill and decides it's a female. Changes appearance a bit to try reflect the fallacy. Will never be female. Looks good though, if was an actual girl would smash but noticed it's voice still sounds a bit deep.

8 hours ago, PETN said:

Yeah skipped straight to that bit. Can see its point I just disagree that it's "supposed" to not have a penis. It has only itself to blame for the freakshow that it has made itself too.

Born a male. Becomes mentally ill and decides it's a female. Changes appearance a bit to try reflect the fallacy. Will never be female. Looks good though, if was an actual girl would smash but noticed it's voice still sounds a bit deep.

This. Looks like a gay guy that has some kind of mental illness too

6 hours ago, Wookie said:

Such people need empathy and help, not encouragement to reject their biology.

In all seriousness, I kind of disagree. If a person who was male had confusions about their gender but still wanted to live their life as a male, then they should get the help they need.

But what about people who want to identify as the other gender and live their life that way? Quite often, people who are transgender who begin to transition feel much happier and continue to live their life as the other gender and are better off for it, and if this is the case, they should be encouraged to live that way if it makes them happier.

Also, if you stop children from transitioning, once puberty takes its course, the male hormones will create irreversible changes to their body, making it much more traumatising for them. But children who go on hormorne blockers before puberty and then use hormone replacement therapy, end up looking and being indistinguishable from the gender they identify as.

It all comes down to the individuals personal choice and situation, everyone can have different circumstances.

Do you feel the same way about gay people? There is scientific evidence that 'gay conversion therapy' is deeply traumatising and psychologically damaging to young kids, and it would be much better if people just accepted them the way they were.

1 minute ago, GyzzBrah said:

In all seriousness, I kind of disagree. If a person who was male had confusions about their gender but still wanted to live their life as a male, then they should get the help they need.

But what about people who want to identify as the other gender and live their life that way? Quite often, people who are transgender who begin to transition feel much happier and continue to live their life as the other gender and are better off for it, and if this is the case, they should be encouraged to live that way if it makes them happier.

Also, if you stop children from transitioning, once puberty takes its course, the male hormones will create irreversible changes to their body, making it much more traumatising for them. But children who go on hormorne blockers before puberty and then use hormone replacement therapy, end up looking and being indistinguishable from the gender they identify as.

It all comes down to the individuals personal choice and situation, everyone can have different circumstances.

Do you feel the same way about gay people? There is scientific evidence that 'gay conversion therapy' is deeply traumatising and psychologically damaging to young kids, and it would be much better if people just accepted them the way they were.

This latest trend is very different to homosexuality. No remote comparison can be made. 

One is a preference, the other is a misguided unhealthy belief that they were born the wrong gender (they weren't) 

Just now, maccaz said:

A crazy person who thinks they are a bird is still crazy whether behaving like a bird makes them happy or not. It's dysfunction and they need help 

Yeah I dont believe the BS either.

I agree they need 'help'. But what would you define as 'help' is the issue here.

Many psychologists would say that 'help' is giving medical treatment to enable them to feel more comfortable about their own body, and make them appear as the opposite gender.

Others would say that 'help' is making them overcome their dellusions.

In both cases, there is evidence that either can cause further mental health issues, so some people can be 'helped' by transitioning, and others by correcting this disorder.

Some people commit suicide after a transition, others feel better and move on with their life.

So yes they need help, and that help can come in a number of different ways.

--------------------------------

As far as the actual scientific evidence is concerned, it seems like sex hormones can create major changes in brain chemistry and structure, so a male taking estrogen can develop a brain that resembles a female brain.

But the claim that trannies make is that they already have these changes in their brain, and the hormones are only needed to make physical changes. Not true.

10 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Yeah I dont believe the BS either.

I agree they need 'help'. But what would you define as 'help' is the issue here.

Many psychologists would say that 'help' is giving medical treatment to enable them to feel more comfortable about their own body, and make them appear as the opposite gender.

Others would say that 'help' is making them overcome their dellusions.

In both cases, there is evidence that either can cause further mental health issues, so some people can be 'helped' by transitioning, and others by correcting this disorder.

Some people commit suicide after a transition, others feel better and move on with their life.

So yes they need help, and that help can come in a number of different ways.

--------------------------------

As far as the actual scientific evidence is concerned, it seems like sex hormones can create major changes in brain chemistry and structure, so a male taking estrogen can develop a brain that resembles a female brain.

But the claim that trannies make is that they already have these changes in their brain, and the hormones are only needed to make physical changes. Not true.

they dont deserve being egged on to make physical changes to make these delusions irreversible.

they can either have psychological treatment/therapy to teach them that what they are thinking is wrong (and not comparable to conversion therapy btw), or live with it and suck it up like plenty of other people that aren't 100% happy with how they look.

enabling this nonsense with medical treatment is ridiculous imo. 

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

Compete as the gender you were born as or don't compete at all. People want sex change then want to clean up in a sport lol wtf is that.

A good solution for the libreels who say sex and gender are seperate things, is to make the sports categories into male sex and female sex instead of gender.

Theres no way around that.

21 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

A good solution for the libreels who say sex and gender are seperate things, is to make the sports categories into male sex and female sex instead of gender.

Theres no way around that.

stop trying to sound intelligent.

born with dick = male

born without dick = female

no variation to above.

Exception would be someone not having either xy or xx chromosome combination. Think in some of those cases (several combinations) can have a dick as well as ovaries etc.

4 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Compete as the gender you were born as or don't compete at all. People want sex change then want to clean up in a sport lol wtf is that.

Bruce Jenner woman of the year lol. Surprised no one really got outraged about a man supposedly being better at being a woman than every woman. Most of outrage I saw was based on this person having done f*ck all of note to make them worthy of it.

22 hours ago, maccaz said:

A crazy person who thinks they are a bird is still crazy whether behaving like a bird makes them happy or not. It's dysfunction and they need help 

wtf macca  are you trying to suggest i am not a bird or that i am crazy?