UFC fighter blames Kangaroo Meat for Positive test

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/5/12/11662044/ufc-mma-news-interview-frank-mir-failed-drug-test-steroids-kangaroo-meat

Last month, it was revealed that Frank Mir tested positive for oral turiabol metabolites - an anabolic steroid - for his in-competition drug test relating to UFC Fight Night: Mir vs. Hunt.

Mir, who lost via first round KO to 'Super Samoan', hinted that tainted kangaroo meat in Australia was perhaps responsible for his failed drug test, and the two-time heavyweight champion is using the same argument to defend his 'B' sample, which also flagged for performance-enhancing drugs.

The way he's going to get out of this is because his A and B samples were tested in the same lab, which isn't supposed to happen.

Freaking funny though. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Roo meat would likely be harvested in the wild, rather than be some kind of Roo breeding farms where they get raised from birth, fed roids etc? Obviously Oral Turinabol to a kangaroo seems like a crazy choice too.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

The way he's going to get out of this is because his A and B samples were tested in the same lab, which isn't supposed to happen.

Freaking funny though. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Roo meat would likely be harvested in the wild, rather than be some kind of Roo breeding farms where they get raised from birth, fed roids etc? Obviously Oral Turinabol to a kangaroo seems like a crazy choice too.

yep, they dont farm them really i dont think, uneconomical when there is a massive quota that are allowed to be shot wild

so i would say maccaz confirms kangaroos are natty

1 hour ago, maccaz said:

yep, they dont farm them really i dont think, uneconomical when there is a massive quota that are allowed to be shot wild

so i would say maccaz confirms kangaroos are natty

The fact that kangaroos arent herdable and can escape over fences that arent ridiculously high is considered to be a significant factor (along with no suitable crop species/lack of water in most of continent) why aboriginal culture was so underdeveloped and primitive. Couldn't escape the hunter gatherer way of life.

32 minutes ago, PETN said:

The fact that kangaroos arent herdable and can escape over fences that arent ridiculously high is considered to be a significant factor (along with no suitable crop species/lack of water in most of continent) why aboriginal culture was so underdeveloped and primitive. Couldn't escape the hunter gatherer way of life.

other thing i read is they get sick quickly from stress when you try to herd/contain them, cos i suppose mentally they are more similar to rabbits than say cows.  you chase them round they are skittish

On 13/05/2016 at 1:52 PM, PETN said:

Many pre ice age humans in the nordic countries and central europe faced similar harsh conditions

below are some pictures of what I believe to be the skull of an aboriginal from the 1800's colonial era (hence the darker colour), compared alongside a skull of a typical modern male.

tumblr_inline_mu5t7esTaw1rhe2o2.jpg

Many of the nordic countries had very scarce access to resources due to the cold, as did the neanderthals and early humans during the ice age, prior to farming and domestication (around 12, 000 years ago)

For comparison, below is a chimpanzee skull (our closest ancestor). The jaw is nothing similar to any human like species in either of the above comparisons, but the eye sockets and brow ridge are much more similar.

sp2003-953d4cc1-a25c50dc.jpg

I dont think scarcity of food had much to do with the hunter gatherer lifestyle, There are plenty of reptiles in australia too, and many african tribes as well as modern day people in louisiana etc eat reptiles frequently.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australopithecus_afarensis

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homo_sapiens

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_age

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo

Lol I get what you're saying but those pre ice age Europeans lived a hunter gatherer life too during those harsh conditions.

It was only really domestication of plants and animals that allowed them to settle in one place and abandon the hunter gatherer lifestyle and develop further technology and I guess make increased brain capacity more so something that was selected for.

No point having big developed brain and white skin if all you do all day is run around chasing and throwing sticks at fast animals in the hot sun to stay alive. 

Reptiles aren't suitable for farming for quite obvious reasons. Primarily most are carnivores rather than herbivores. Also they would be difficult to contain/herd. Aside from modern day bullshit like snake and crocodile farms for skins have never heard of reptiles being farmed and they are present on every continent that humans inhabited.

Hey Gyzz...

What happened in Northern, Central, and Southern Europe after the ice age, as opposed to Australia:

Environment changed, glaciers melted and then followed a more temperate climate which produced opportunities for sedentary farming and crop growing..

Roughly about 7000 BC in the Levant the first static settlements arose which produced tools, weapons and pottery, these technologies progressed Northwards into Europe as the Glaciers melted..

That change in environment was the main precursor for the transition from hunter gatherer to neolithic culture, it produced opportunities.

The barren hot deserts and harsher environment faced by aborigines couldn't sustain fixed sedentary lifestyle, hence they remained in a culture unable to change, due to environmental circumstances, also the fact Australia remained undiscovered therefore was unable to benefit from trade in new technologies, ideas, or goods..  

15 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

What about the persian deserts? Or arabia prior to islam?

Also when european colonists arived in australia, they faced the same harsh conditions, yet thrived?

The Europeans brought crops and domesticated animals. They didnt turn up and start farming kangaroos or reptiles.

All the places where first civilisations grew weren't deserts. Some might be now and some are near deserts but all were fertile land with large river systems running nearby.

Australia has places like that but it lacked suitable plant and animal species for farming.

1 hour ago, GyzzBrah said:

What about the persian deserts? Or arabia prior to islam?

Also when european colonists arived in australia, they faced the same harsh conditions, yet thrived?

The early Neolithic and bronze age static settlements originated around the large river systems of the Nile and Euphrates, not in dessert..

The first Australian convict settlers struggled for decades with harsh conditions even with knowledge of relatively modern farming and irrigation techniques, plus the additional help of supply ships from back home..

Remember sheep, crops and livestock were introduced from abroad, and were not indigenous to Australia...

Wasn't the whole point of what gyzzbrah was saying more to do with the aborigine being some sort of lesser species hence his comparison of skulls than a serious comment about anything else? Let's not waste sensible argument on it. 

Gyzz you are straight up a fucking racist, disturbed, childish loser. Stick to your fucking journal, stop trying to sound smart and stop trying to be controversial (inb4 you claim you're not which you will) 

stick to your journal post about just your training (so at least it'll only be one post a month) and stop shoving stuff up your ass or baiting old gay guys to f*ck you. Straight up. 

24 minutes ago, maccaz said:

Gyzz you are straight up a fucking racist, disturbed, childish loser. Stick to your fucking journal, stop trying to sound smart and stop trying to be controversial (inb4 you claim you're not which you will) 

stick to your journal post about just your training (so at least it'll only be one post a month) and stop shoving stuff up your ass or baiting old gay guys to f*ck you. Straight up. 

Im not trying to be controversial, there are many things I believe that are well considered normal.

You wont see me doing vegan ocr crossfit at the gym, or studying some weird uni degree, or wearing weird clothes, etc.

15 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Im not trying to be controversial, there are many things I believe that are well considered normal.

You wont see me doing vegan ocr crossfit at the gym, or studying some weird uni degree, or wearing weird clothes, etc.

Stick to your journal post whatever bullshit you want in there.