Worst food stories..

Wookie

My wife got all nostalgic our first Christmas together and decided to make 'cheese biscuits' that her family from North Carolina made. No recipe exists.

Basically it's a baked scone with cheese inside, but made with lard and other stuff.

The lard caught fire in the oven and smoked the things out. Yet most of them looked fine.

I can still taste the thing in the back of my throat if I remember it. Imagine bread with a burnt grease/cheese combo. No kidding... after mouthwash and scotch and eating other food the grease taste was still in our mouths the next day.

Have mercy.

5 minutes ago, Wookie said:

My wife got all nostalgic our first Christmas together and decided to make 'cheese biscuits' that her family from North Carolina made. No recipe exists.

Basically it's a baked scone with cheese inside, but made with lard and other stuff.

The lard caught fire in the oven and smoked the things out. Yet most of them looked fine.

I can still taste the thing in the back of my throat if I remember it. Imagine bread with a burnt grease/cheese combo. No kidding... after mouthwash and scotch and eating other food the grease taste was still in our mouths the next day.

Have mercy.

delicious

i think @Skeletor has a good one from recent times, undercooked chicken lol.

2 years ago Had fish and chips for lunch, underneath the batter there was this greenish slime which I didnt notice till I ate atleast a quater of the fillet.

When I noticed I was like nah f*ck eating this wtf, and my mum said nah eat it, the green slime is just uncooked batter, which is retarded since batter isnt fucking green.

Bring on one week of the most fucking traumatising food poisoning. Super high fever, couldnt even walk, was constantly dizzy. Worst part was on the 3rd day I went to go for a diarea, and while I was diareaing, I bent over and impulsivley vomited on my pants at the same time.

Never had fish and chips again.

Inb4 someone makes some stupid reply to this comment because its gyzzbrah posting, instead of just enjoying a good story about rotten fish and chips.

Expired green lipped mussels (Raw)

Was at a BBQ few years ago now, beers were flowing nicely and after a few,decided to throw a few on the plate, cept grabbed the wrong bag.

Smell was a bit off whilst they were sizzling away, but there was no turning back lol

Strong Toilet gains the next morning.

1 hour ago, Wookie said:

Green slime = undercooked batter.

Dat broscience cookery.

Seen battered fillets that have bluey green colour underneath batter that is the fish's skin. Was possibly this.

My contribution to thread:

90% of the food my gf has ever cooked and also some shithouse dessert my mum made once using bread crusts and berries. Summer pudding i think she called it? More like poverty pudding.

Worst tasting for me was probably trying either paua or kina or maybee the fish heads my dad's girlfriend cooked. While I love fish I really dry retch at most other seafood. Paua was by far the worst and I will never ever again touch it. She was a real Maori lol . Fish heads . Pigs head. Paua . Kina.  I'll stick to my eye fillet on a sweet potato and kumara mash with fresh garden vegetables thanks.  Lol at my raw chicken, glad I didn't get sick.  Worst case of being sick was the week before my supposed first comp last year.  Dr thinks that was either giardia or cryptospiridium though not food poison. 

2 hours ago, HarryB said:

I once thought I could get the ultimate in convenient protein by mixing tuna with egg whites and cooking it on the microwave.... that is possibly the most disgusting I've eaten. Oh and sea urchin... gag

Did this with full eggs and herbs and spices and was good. Not great.

1 hour ago, Skeletor said:

Worst tasting for me was probably trying either paua or kina or maybee the fish heads my dad's girlfriend cooked. While I love fish I really dry retch at most other seafood. Paua was by far the worst and I will never ever again touch it. She was a real Maori lol . Fish heads . Pigs head. Paua . Kina.  I'll stick to my eye fillet on a sweet potato and kumara mash with fresh garden vegetables thanks.  Lol at my raw chicken, glad I didn't get sick.  Worst case of being sick was the week before my supposed first comp last year.  Dr thinks that was either giardia or cryptospiridium though not food poison. 

Your misses sounds awesome and should dump you... on your mouth.

2 hours ago, Bruce Al said:

Did this with full eggs and herbs and spices and was good. Not great.

Maybe with whole eggs but with just eggs whites and plain.. oh I feel ill just thinking about it 

Edited by HarryB

9 hours ago, HarryB said:

mixing tuna with egg whites and cooking it on the microwave....

That was going to be my story. :-(

Frozen egg whites are completely shit when microwaved. Grey, sulphuric rubber will result.

8 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Paua was by far the worst and I will never ever again touch it.

Seriously? Paua is amazing when cooked properly.

I hiked the Abel Tasman over New Year, and one night we grabbed some paua off the rocks, sliced it thinly, and cooked it up. It doesn't get fresher than that. Paua by itself is okay, but pretty tasteless, so I will admit that the marinade was what made it magic. It's amazing what people pulled out of their tramping packs. Lemon juice, lemon zest, rosemary, ginger, garlic... and a bottle of sherry. Absolutely out of this world.

Made paua and octopus patties, best thing in life.

Lived off pasta/tuna/creamed corn comb for quite a while Few years back. Cheap and nasty, never again makes me ? thinking about it.

I do have a particular food I eat regualry that my mind associates with another experience I've had, (if not mashed properly) that is quite disturbing and makes me want to spew. ? but no such story can be told on an open forum. ?

11 hours ago, Skeletor said:

My Mrs is awesome although I don't see where I mentioned her. 

Dads Misses.

4 hours ago, MK said:

Made paua and octopus patties, best thing in life.

Lived off pasta/tuna/creamed corn comb for quite a while Few years back. Cheap and nasty, never again makes me ? thinking about it.

I do have a particular food I eat regualry that my mind associates with another experience I've had, (if not mashed properly) that is quite disturbing and makes me want to spew. ? but no such story can be told on an open forum. ?

I almost forgot about creamed corn.. that shits awesome.

Appart from Maccaz orange juice tasting expired milk; everyone has amazing foods i love

23 hours ago, Polo said:

Once eating a muesli bar, wondered what a floury texture was in my mouth. Had ate half a moth and cobwebs around it. The other half was still embedded in my muesli bar

I thought you were going to mention drinking trenbolone, got to confuse the endrocrime system, right babe?