Size or Condition?

Do people realize that condition like size and shape is largely genetic. Most of those really shredded guys you see don't get fat easily. I see it all the time with clients. I had 2 female clients last year who both won national level comps. One did about 30 mins of cardio a day for the last few weeks and was eating between 150 and 80gm carbs a day. Got peeled. The other was doing 2 hours of cardiovascular a day on about 50gms of carbs and yeah got in great shape but not compared to the other one. 

I'm saying this cos I just think it's funny when guys say how hard that person worked to get to 6% lol hard work is relative. I just picked up a client who's going to do a show in Sept. Eats whatever he likes, trains 3 times a week and is a muscular 86k and by dexa is 9.8% bf. I'm like "come see me 6 weeks out, maybe up til then try eating a bit more and maybe training :)"

Edited by HarryB

42 minutes ago, HarryB said:

Do people realize that condition like size and shape is largely genetic. Most of those really shredded guys you see don't get fat easily. I see it all the time with clients. I had 2 female clients last year who both won national level comps. One did about 30 mins of cardio a day for the last few weeks and was eating between 150 and 80gm carbs a day. Got peeled. The other was doing 2 hours of cardiovascular a day on about 50gms of carbs and yeah got in great shape but not compared to the other one. 

I'm saying this cos I just think it's funny when guys say how hard that person worked to get to 6% lol gard work I relative. I just picked up a client who's going to do a show in Sept. Eats whatever he likes, trains 3 times a week and is a muscular 86k and by dexa is 9.8% bf. I'm like "come see me 6 weeks out, maybe up til then try eating a bit more and maybe training :)"

Right, since I arrived in otago I lost about 8kgs, and have gone some days on 0 calories. Yet only lost a very small ammount of bodyfat around my stomach.

3 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

Right, since I arrived in otago I lost about 8kgs, and have gone some days on 0 calories. Yet only lost a very small ammount of bodyfat around my stomach.

I would say say this is because you have eaten poorly and not trained so you have been losing muscle. completely different  

I think everything is relative.. the guys who have to work harder to get shredded generally gain muscle easier than the guys who don't have to work so hard. Some guys are just lucky and can do both but most of the time for an average guy its one or the other IMO. I think for some people too it is also a case of getting it right on the day as some people are super sentive to certain foods and conditions bla bla bla whilst others can just eat random foods, cut their water 12 hours out and just look dry, full and peeled .

On 10 May 2016 at 6:17 PM, trainlikeafreak said:

Lets put it into perspective with amateurs. In 2012 teina Omalley and jo ulberg both beat Garth vdm. Personally I don't agree with this as Garth was just too big in comparison and he didn't exactly have an ugly build. Not looking for a debate on the NZIFBB or politics etc it's just an example that comes to mind when thinking about big guys versus the smaller more aesthetic bodybuilder.

Should Daniel Hibbs have beaten grant P and won mr NZ overall then?

Wasn't that the show Sanjeev went on about politics this politics that afterwards?? Dan looks exceptional and grant looks huge. Just lacking legs back then going by those pictures. Don't think this is compatible to teina, jo and Garth. Garth was in better shape than any of them and was huge