NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Englishman88

Competing 5th June - Journal

Agreed. Stick with what has worked before. Comp time is not the best time to be trying new processes. Might give you 5% but could cost you 15% 

2 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

What do you normally do? If your head is not in a good space to start with, the last thing you should be doing is trying something new.

Normally I would increase water intake 10L on the Mon through to Thursday along with increasing sodium and zero carbs. Fri 7L water no sodium/fat with 250g Low GI carbs, Sat 4L Water no sodium/fat with 250g Low GI carbs last meal and water intake 6pm, Sunday (comp day) no water High GI carbs breakfast was pancakes and maple syrup last year and condition check every 1/2 hours adding high GI carbs (jelly babies) in when needed.

Just feel maybe an extra day of carb loading could help look fuller and using high GI carbs on first day of carb loading with uptake being a lot higher then using low GI on 2nd and 3rd day?

Wrote out a whole short story realized it would be a waste of time so deleted :)

Good luck mate, if what you did worked well don't mess with it. If it's a choice of fuller and a bit softer or flat but dry as f*ck... go flat and dry. You're not going to win men's physique on mass you're going to win on awesome condition and a tiny waist. 

So I wasn't going to put this up in fear of hearing others opinions and messing with my head but today I finalised the run up to my show so thought I would let you see what I'm doing. 

My reason for doing a high carb load at the start is to prevent potential spillage but also because it's different to last time and I think it should work, but if not then again I won't spill and can carb up more on the day.

The only slight alteration I may make is Saturday and Sunday says no training I will more than likely still do fasted cardio on these days.

Anyway here you go :)

Peak Week.docx

22 hours ago, PETN said:

Where's the pics?

I haven't taken many progress pics...I know my bad.

there are two here that show my condition although I don't think the one where I'm posing does justice that was 5 days ago.

my legs have split more now but size wise they are lacking realistically where they should be.

dont mind the photo with my mate was trying to show my condition as of tonight that's only pic I had 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Pseudonym said:

Awesome progress, mate. With a tan and proper lighting, that Christmas tree in your lower back is going to be wicked.

Too me that is a tan lel

6 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Awesome progress, mate. With a tan and proper lighting, that Christmas tree in your lower back is going to be wicked.

6 hours ago, Realtalk said:

Good back!

Thanks! I'm currently on 10L water a day so hoping that when I dehydrate it should look even better but everything needs to fall into place as a package.

8 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Good luck tomorrow, bro! Have fun, and let us know how you get on.

Thanks! Was just gonna say had my first 2 coats of tan done got one more in morning at 8.30 and dehydrating now. Feel good! Not tensing on this photo.

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, HarryB said:

Awesome result man!! Well done. 

Thanks man I'm over the moon and now 2 weeks til the British finals! 

I didn't win overall which I could tell wasn't gonna be the case as the level of athletes was insane, this is the lad that won the JUNIORS and the overall at 23!!

rushane thomas.jpg

3 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Congratulations mate! That's brilliant! :-D

So is it straight back to the diet? Or will you be allowing yourself a bit of a celebratory refeed?

I'm having a big cheat day today but utilising the extra energy to fuel a massive high volume legs session followed up with a light bit of cardio.  Straight back into the diet tomorrow and back to fasted cardio and post-weights cardio every day.  Going in with absolutely everything and more! 

The PCA federation is fairly new over here but are already making big moves in the bodybuilding world.  If I win the British finals, I will be taken to Kuwait to the Wawan classic where the prize money for physique is 100,000 american dollars!! Crazy!!

They are looking at international shows too as we speak. 

Sorry I've not been massively active and posting recently just been concentrating on working towards the British finals this coming Sunday!

My legs have come out a hell of a lot more although I would have loved more size, but that's something to work towards for my next show in 2 years. My mid section though when looking at photos from the overalls at the qualifier is far better than everyone in a non-arrogant way.

My condition has improved slightly everywhere else with my back coming out more but I don't think there was much more to come off anyway.

I'm on to upper body circuits this week, no cardio as need my legs to rest and tighten so dropped that yesterday morning. Currently water loading 10l water each day until Thursday, then going to drop to 6l Friday and 4L Saturday. 

I've gone for a traditional carb load this time of depleting Mon-Thurs (gone from 90g to 60g to 30g to zero) then loading in 250g Friday and 350g Saturday.

Hoping to bring this 1st place trophy home to my mum to go alongside the other trophy.