NZ's bodybuilding, strength and fitness community
Sign in to follow this  
Skeletor

83kg open deadlift record

Oh yeah I understand sumo isn't as impressive but it's still 320 at 83kg. That's 50 more than I do so it impresses and inspires me .  I have good faith in B.G getting it back though and adds a bit of excitement now he's getting more competition. 

320 sumo is still strong as! You are Still lifting 320 off the floor. It's such a hard lift to be good at. I could count and would run out of fingers of people I know who have tried sumo and given it up. There are plenty of weak as f*ck sumo deadlifters lol it ain't magical.

Pretty sure I never said it was easier? I said GROSS cos sumo looks fucking gay and should only be done by girls, I also said it looks fast because sumo lifts always do look quicker because its a smaller ROM. I also didn't say anywhere that it wasn't a strong lift or that he was strong.

As you sais Tom, it's a completely different lift which is why some people can't do it and suck at it - therefore I also think it should be judged as a different lift to conventional, I don't think it's like wide/narrow bench or wide/narrow squat, I think ( personally ) its too different to be in the same category.. plus it really does look gay wahaha

Ok sorry enough trolling ^_^

34 minutes ago, nomoneynohoney said:

So you not gonna credit a big lift because its sumo? lol

I never said that. He's obviously strong for that bodyweight and its within the comp rules. Was just curious why you think someone not liking something when they gave valid reasons for their opinion is narrow minded?

13 hours ago, nomoneynohoney said:

So you not gonna credit a big lift because its sumo? lol

Do you even read? I specifically stated I never said it wasn't strong or impressive.. I just said sumo is gross and gay and obviously I said that, no one else, me personally of my own opinion because its what I believe. I also believe its a completely different mechanic and should be classed as so. 

Dan Green is an animal and his conventional shits on mine, his deficit conventionals shit on my from the floor PB, his high bar squat accessory destroys most low bar lifters, hes jacked as f*ck with long flowing hair of the gods.. he's awesome and I respect him as one of the strongest powerlifters I've ever seen... but his sumo still looks gay and his bench press is a stomach sink-belly bounce and also looks gay so if I was judging his lifts on aesthetics they would get a 2/10 max, based on strength, obviously he'd get a 10. Just because someone is amazing at something it doesn't mean I'm going to think they way they do it is not gross/ugly or gay. 

Example - Muttiah Muralitharan amazing bowler but his action looked shit house. Dennis Rodman, great basketballer with rebound skills of the gods but... ok he was actually bi so not sure that counts. Hopefully this makes things clearer

Strength on lift = impressive as f*ck, look and style of lift = gross and shit. 

::: my personal opinion and not a world wide standard on lifting :::