Sleep quality.

Bruce Al

I can not remember the last time i slept right through the night uninterrupted.

I have no problem getting to sleep, but staying asleep is the issue.

Generally i wake up about 5ish times a night(sometimes more) toss and turn and go back to sleep.

I just wana go to sleep and wake up when my alarm wakes me up.

Is there anything i can take that isnt prescription sleeping pills etc to improve my sleep quality? or maybe im lacking something in my diet? or is it just normal to wake up multiple times through the night?

After work then training or the gym im pretty stuffed and have no problem getting to sleep.

Anyone else wake up alot through the night or possibly even have a remedy?

Yeah just get melatonin and you will be sorted. Much safer than xanax or whatever, can take it indefinetly with no tolerance developing.

Its a prescription drug here but you should be able to import from US online stores without any issues (doctor said).

But if you cant import just talk to any doctor im sure they can give you a script.

Will get fucked up nightmares for first few months of use though.

First of all, have you looked at the other factors? Stress levels? How close to bedtime is your last big meal? (I found when I was Intermittent Fasting and had a massive meal before bed, I could guarantee waking up 4 hours later completely unable to get back to sleep.)

1 hour ago, GyzzBrah said:

just get melatonin and you will be sorted. Much safer than xanax or whatever, can take it indefinetly with no tolerance developing.

Whether or not you develop a tolerance on melatonin, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure I've heard about people becoming dependent on it? Apart from that, it's also a prescription drug, which Bruce didn't want.

The next level down from melatonin would be something like Unisom SleepGels. It doesn't require a doctor's prescription, but you do need to get approval from your chemist. It certainly works, but again, I'd be wary about using it too often and becoming dependent on it.

Various supplement companies have also put out sleep aids. I had a test sachet for one by Ronnie Coleman. God know what's in them, though.

Failing that, there's always the Christmas turkey... Dat dere tryptophan works every time. :-D

2 hours ago, GyzzBrah said:

Yeah just get melatonin and you will be sorted. Much safer than xanax or whatever, can take it indefinetly with no tolerance developing.

Its a prescription drug here but you should be able to import from US online stores without any issues (doctor said).

But if you cant import just talk to any doctor im sure they can give you a script.

Will get fucked up nightmares for first few months of use though.

Haha dont know if i want to be waking up in a sweat from having nightmares for a few months

1 hour ago, Bruce Al said:

Haha dont know if i want to be waking up in a sweat from having nightmares for a few months

Its not tren lol you wont sweat or wake up, sleep very soundly actually. Would not recomend otherwise.

Melatonin will just let you go deeper into sleep, where you dream more often. Some people report nightmares some dont notice a difference.

I know you arent looking for a prescription drug, and like I said im sure you can simply order a bottle for $10 overseas so no harm in trying it.

Melatonin is the same hormone that makes you drowsy and puts you to sleep, so with melatonin you dont have to be assed and waste your time over 'natural causes' etc like computer screens, going for a walk etc.

So if your actions / lifestyle are preventing proper melatonin production, you dont have to worry about changing them since you will recieve your melatonin regardless if your brain secretes it or not.

So you can take it an hour before bed and keep staring at computer screen or whatever and it wont affect sleep anmore.

Also taking melatonin will not inhibit your natural production at all. This is why doctors prescribe it, because it can actually help bring back natural production. Then you keep taking it for double the better sleep.

Talk to doctor / Daz if you want better information

Cheers, hope this helps.

I'm a terrible sleeper . Have used everything from zma to prescription medicine to illegal plants .  Nothing works . I'll still wake up 3 times a night. Sleeping pills from doc just made me feel groggy. I have found setting a good routine to be of assistance. Last meal around 7.30 at latest.  I take GH freak supplement which has phenibut at 2250mg per 3 capsules. These have been the best sleep supplement I've had. Then I'll stop watching any t.v have a shower and usually engage in adult activities with the Mrs.  That's it. Into bed and no phone or tv on etc in room. Doesn't always work because I get callouts and stuff but helps. I wanted to try melatonin but my doc was a dick and would rather have me on prescription drugs. 

1 hour ago, Bruce Al said:

no I've never used a magnesium supplement.

Is there a reason why I should? Appart from my thread... Havnt googled yet but why wouldn't I be getting magnesium naturally?

People that perform resistance training deplete magnesium allot faster than sedentary individuals. Magnesium is involved in muscle contractions so during multiple strong contractions (i.e training) its used up very quickly. I get most of my clients to supplement with it for this reason. If your deficient in it you will tiny muscle tremors, some get in thier eye lids but you can get it anywhere, where a tiny part of your muscle will contract multiple times a second for a minute or so. Or while falling asleep your body  or an individual limb  will jolt  and wake you up. As magnesium is essential in relaxing the central nervous system if you are low in it you will have a lot of trouble sleeping , and often wake up through the night. Its essential in good mental health and low magnesium can manifest itself as mild depression. 

14 hours ago, HumanPerformance said:

People that perform resistance training deplete magnesium allot faster than sedentary individuals. Magnesium is involved in muscle contractions so during multiple strong contractions (i.e training) its used up very quickly. I get most of my clients to supplement with it for this reason. If your deficient in it you will tiny muscle tremors, some get in thier eye lids but you can get it anywhere, where a tiny part of your muscle will contract multiple times a second for a minute or so. Or while falling asleep your body  or an individual limb  will jolt  and wake you up. As magnesium is essential in relaxing the central nervous system if you are low in it you will have a lot of trouble sleeping , and often wake up through the night. Its essential in good mental health and low magnesium can manifest itself as mild depression. 

Yip i can definitely relate to this... I will be getting a magnesium supplement.

Cheers.

On 30/04/2016 at 5:17 PM, Skeletor said:

I take GH freak supplement which has phenibut at 2250mg per 3 capsules

Phenibut!!! No comparison! Best Sleep Aid I have ever tried  (can honestly say I have almost tried them all) 

Buy pure form from Iherb or spend some more money and get that GH freak  its only real active ingredient in it is the phenibut so it is a bit over priced considering what you can order the pure powder form in. Way cheaper to buy the powder but trust me when I say you will want to capsule it your self! Literally impossible to mix into a decent tasting beverage... you take the smallest scoops but has the most potent taste imaginable.

Side note you can also take phenibut along side a stimulant or 2 and feel like you have had a few beers! less inhibitions, more chatty but without the other negative effects of alcohol!  

I find melatonin will keep my brain active for hours before knocking me out.

ZMA I find works for the first few nights then I wake up wide awake after like 5 hours, like it knocks me cold until i wake up.

My doc prescribed zopiclone and it knocks me out until my alarm sounds, don't use it often but I took it one a flight from Auckland to China right after I ate on the plane. I woke up and they had packed up all my tray table and food was embarrassed af.

On 29/04/2016 at 10:57 PM, Bruce Al said:

I can not remember the last time i slept right through the night uninterrupted.

I have no problem getting to sleep, but staying asleep is the issue.

Generally i wake up about 5ish times a night(sometimes more) toss and turn and go back to sleep.

I just wana go to sleep and wake up when my alarm wakes me up.

Is there anything i can take that isnt prescription sleeping pills etc to improve my sleep quality? or maybe im lacking something in my diet? or is it just normal to wake up multiple times through the night?

After work then training or the gym im pretty stuffed and have no problem getting to sleep.

Anyone else wake up alot through the night or possibly even have a remedy?

A lot of the time it is stress related cos your neurons are firing. If you do find yourself getting to sleep easily then it could be your melatonin levels as they usually peak when you're asleep but light sleepers have lower melatonin levels naturally. I use ZMA as it gives me vivid dreams and a much deeper sleep.

Saw this post and had to share this product,and can confidently say it is by far the best #1 sleeping aid supplement on the market today.I swear this will knock out a fucking male rhino and then that rhino could piss in a silverback gorillas mouth and the left over residue alone would put f888kn King Kong to sleep!!check the profile on this bad boy and that alone will give you some idea of how effective this is

PlatinumLabs_OptiDream_BlackberryLemonade_1.jpg

PlatinumLabs_Optidreams_BlackberryLemonade_SF.gif

Melatonin is great stuff, but it is a prescription med in NZ (even though OTC overseas)

If your circadian rhythm is not right you will not product melatonin at the right time which causes you to stay awake. Melatonin is pretty safe and you won't build tolerance so you can take it for 6 - 12 months safely...but if you are on any medication that works on your neurotransmitters such as anti-depressants you will seriously screw yourself up by taking melatonin.

But before going down the melatonin route there may be simpler solutions:

- getting enough magnesium

- getting enough vit d3

-sleeping in darkness (melatonin is regulated by light, this is how jetlag works)

-blue light e.g. cellphones at night can mess with this

- no caffeine from afternoon, caffeine and melatonin are metabolized by same enzyme

- creatine can help

Melatonin is so effective you can become dependent on it if you don't address the root cause, because once you stop your poor sleep quality may resume