New Zealand frozen fish

jimmybro1

The more you read into where your food comes from the more your aware of the poor quality of cheaper products. 

Got some frozen fish fillets from McGills where where label "New Zealand tarakiti" in large bold text with "processed in China" is small text at the bottom of the box. 

Looking into things further it turns out the majority of frozen fish is processed in China! It is caught as far away as  Scotland frozen transported to China, defrosted, processed and re-frozen then set back to  Scotland . 

During the processing stage the fish is submerged and saturated in sodium tripolyphosphate this makes the fish flesh retain much more water to the point where the fish can become so un-structurally sound it falls apart from cooking. This also preserves the fish. Essentially making the product more profitable. 

When end cooking the fish your will get a white milky liquid coming off and a lot of water boiling off. 

Most the fish in the world is processed in China because it cost 60% less than it does in countries like the states this includes the cost of transport. 

The LD50 of Sodium tripolyphosphate is 3,100mg/kg it the typical poor quality control in China what are the long term effects of eating this product....

I am aware brine solution dosing also occurs with meats like chicken but that is processed in NZ so would think better food processing control/standards here. 

Unaware of chinese practices but have worked on both fresh and factory fishing boats around nz and they dont do any of that shit to the fish. Basically filleted by machines and then fillets are trimmed then packed in boxes and frozen in press type freezer using ammonia (closed system obviously) as refrigerant.

Then 3 x 6kg boxes packed into one bigger box.  That was product.

9 hours ago, PETN said:

Unaware of chinese practices but have worked on both fresh and factory fishing boats around nz and they dont do any of that shit to the fish. Basically filleted by machines and then fillets are trimmed then packed in boxes and frozen in press type freezer using ammonia (closed system obviously) as refrigerant.

Then 3 x 6kg boxes packed into one bigger box.  That was product.

What company was that? 

What at was product marketed as? Would have been a plate freezer. 

9 minutes ago, M.T said:

Wonder where Musclefuel get their fish from? That and canned tuna is the only fish I get in me.

Oh and salmon, typically Atlantic Salmon because it's cheaper.

Yeah that salmon comes from China too most of the time... 

21 minutes ago, jimmybro1 said:

What company was that? 

What at was product marketed as? Would have been a plate freezer. 

Yeah was plate freezer. Frozen at sea fish in shatter-packs. Various species but mostly hoki, ling and hake. That was factory boat. 

Fresh fish one was fishing chatham rise targeting roughy and black/smooth oreo dory mostly but hoki in cook straight for 3 months every year. Dunno exactly what products they made with that fish (think some of hoki was crumbed and some sold as 'sirimi' to japanese whatever the f*ck that is?)but pretty sure roughy was expensive as f*ck premium product so dont think it would have been fucked with.

Dont really eat much fish, if i do its cheap crumbed shit, or tinned tuna. The fact we live in nz and pay as much as we do for fish is a joke. Not as healthy as you think probably also with where it all comes from etc.  elephant fish is nice if you know where to go down here,  same shit thats in all the fish n chip shops. Chinese sodium  should help with  strength gains, Right?

Rather eat mince and chicken thigh, I actually do eat a lot of mince for that reason but I eat premium mince. It goes a long way and I don't believe in needing 3g per kg body weight to grow so can afford to eat better quality protein. Probably be different if you're natural, actually it would be. Thanks for posting, I didn't know that stuff. Cheers 

26 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

I don't believe in needing 3g per kg body weight to grow so can afford to eat better quality protein. Probably be different if you're natural, actually it would be.

This is going off-topic, but are you suggesting that a natural lifter needs MORE protein? I thought one of the ways AAS work is to increase protein synthesis - so an enhanced lifter can utilise more protein than a nattie one. Not true?

Yes they can. But your logic is fucked.

Geared guy eats 200g protein utilises 100g of it for protein synthesis. Natty guy eats 200g protein utilises 50g. Natty guy eats 300g protein utilises 70g of it. Geared guy eats 400g protein and utilises 160g of it for protein synthesis.  Etc. 

41 minutes ago, PETN said:

Funny you should mention that because i rooted girl who was from timaru 3 years ago and yeah noticed same fishy but swampy thing going on. Is basa extremely popular down there?

Fkn lol. Basa is not popular here, elephant fish is. maybe its just the class of woman, sure she was not from Waimate ? the breeding there is world class