80x3

100x3

120x2

140x1

160x1

180x1

190x1

200x1

Absolutely wrapped with this effort, after the 190 i had some doubt, but it was smoother than that one, the oly shoes are working great for me atm, feel like im back plus more from nationals last year at a lower bw

rack pulls below knee

160 x6 sets x4

Tonight was a bit of a test on squats, less than two weeks out, need to keep bw in check too. sitting around 95 in mornings on my scale which is generally a bit heavier, but still. have not exactly been eating clean. Thats ok, as long as i come in under that 93. no stupid weight cuts like last time

Tues 24/5/16

Bench paused

barx20

40x5

60x5

80x3

100x3

120x2

120x2

120x2

120x2

120x2 @RPE 9.5

Incline bench

60x5

80x5x5

Kb standing press

8kg 2x15

Incline lying row/delt fly

6k  3x20 (short rest)

Standing hammer curls

6kg 2x50 

Good session today, a little flat today after going heavy with squats yesterday. 120 felt heavier than i wanted, but they were decent pauses. No idea how bench is going to go at the meet. Will probably open slightly lighter and go 120/125/130. Lifting for the total this comp. Need it all to add up . want to at least go 7/9

13 minutes ago, Monarchking said:

What's your best total and what bw? Have you competed at any internatty comps, oceanics etc? 

Na, never competed internationally. I wont make the team atm in open. Open is stupid competitive. I make the qualifying totals but there is a limited number from each club. Im not really at a stage where i have the $$ to go overseas anyway. I enjoy competing at a notional level, thats competitive as it is. Where as my mate thats a M2 is the only one in his weight class. if he want to go to Oceanias he can as theres not anyone else in his class. Best total is 562.5@98.4. that was 200/130/232.5.   

8 hours ago, PETN said:

That would be an impressive total for a push/pull

Probably is. i dont care . Its just a reality of natty lifting. Sure there are genetic freaks  out there, ive never been naturally strong. my first total was 482.5 . so 40k per year so far. i think im doing good,

eat a dick bro

Yeah bro upset about that and jealous that I'm not a major player in the timaru property market.

Was thinking (largely inspired by yourself) of doing an IPF comp though next time I'm back in nz. Can you compete in nationals as a novice?

4 minutes ago, PETN said:

Yeah bro upset about that and jealous that I'm not a major player in the timaru property market.

Was thinking (largely inspired by yourself) of doing an IPF comp though next time I'm back in nz. Can you compete in nationals as a novice?

na cant do nats as novice only certain comps. you would have to go full natty vegan tho. can u hack it?

5 minutes ago, HarryB said:

Best thing is they don't test the novices :)

Yeah kinda assumed they wouldn't. Not being tested is best way to not fail a test IME anyway.

You could probably do multiple comps as a novice using a fake name in different areas of the country?

11 minutes ago, Bigken1985 said:

Competitive as a novice against other novices or just local meet

I just meant lifting in the ipf in general. I'm sure even if I stopped lifting and taking gear for a year or more I'd total over 600kg with a 3 or 4 week prep.

I'm not actually going to do an ipf comp though bro. Was joking. Be waste of time and be pretty boring comp to watch I'd say.

26/5/16

Deadlift

Just to prove i really do suck

60x6

100x4

140x2

180x1

200x1

220x1

230x1

240x0 :-(:-(

Psyched myself out of this, spending too long down at the bar setting up. just need to set and go. I have pulled 240 for a grinder a long time ago, but not today.  Hate missing lifts, have not missed in a while. Going to yolo it and go for this on my third pull. on a good note, bw is down so wont have to cut any weight