Massing up for Nationals

Bigken1985

2 minutes ago, MK said:

Frequency on the bench and squat definitely drives the numbers and groove up for me. 

Good luck in the comp, I've pulled out of my comp baby=no sleep...I'm sure you know haha.

whsts your planned lifts? I was going to  122/130/135.

Cheers mate. Pretty much exactly what you were. i thought of opening at 120 but thats just too light. either 127 or 130 on second. As long as i get something around/ over 130 ill be happy

I've gone 115/122/130 and 117/125/132 . Numbers can be a mental game too. Haha I'll never usually bench 120 when working upto Max's etc, always just skip thst number, 130 is a mental f*ck for me also. 

This is national bench or South Island bench? Raw and single ply?

1 hour ago, HarryB said:

I just read some constable in Timaru might lose his job for punching a teen who spat in his face? And the other constable who was with him and told on him is getting lauded as a hero. That sucks!! Were you either a)the spitter b) the puncher or c) the dobber! 

Cops these days, what do you expect the recruit on a PC ratio of ethnicity and gender ahead of performance or usefulness. Dickheads.

4 minutes ago, MK said:

Timaru mongrel cunts

Been to south Auckland lately lol. I would destroy half the little cunts around here. Me and my brothers were at the sail which is a local bar when they were down for my 30th. Just stood over anyone that wanted to scrap and that was enough. Reality tho-can't even fight

12 minutes ago, Bigken1985 said:

Been to south Auckland lately lol. I would destroy half the little cunts around here. Me and my brothers were at the sail which is a local bar when they were down for my 30th. Just stood over anyone that wanted to scrap and that was enough. Reality tho-can't even fight

Must be good feeling being biggest and strongest most mongrel c*nt in your town. Feel like the mayor pretty much, boss smaller ppl around and get to have your pick of finest town sluzzas to wife etc.

2 hours ago, PETN said:

Must be good feeling being biggest and strongest most mongrel c*nt in your town. Feel like the mayor pretty much, boss smaller ppl around and get to have your pick of finest town sluzzas to wife etc.

Not really that way at all. Not even that big. Never been able to fight. Just use powerlifting to try and be hard. 

15 hours ago, MK said:

I've gone 115/122/130 and 117/125/132 . Numbers can be a mental game too. Haha I'll never usually bench 120 when working upto Max's etc, always just skip thst number, 130 is a mental f*ck for me also. 

This is national bench or South Island bench? Raw and single ply?

Yeah raw and single. think theres two lads coming over in shirts. Its south island bench

2 hours ago, MK said:

Gota be in to win man. Good to see TMC repping a comp. By the looks of thst rep, you didn't leave much left in the tank. 

Yeah, it was a semi grinder. i think 130 may have gone. its def frustrating as i have done 130 in comp but that was 5k heavier. I also did 130x2 not too long ago. I lift with a whippier bar at home which i think is throwing me big time. i have a 29mm power bar on its way which should help

Mon 16-5-16

Squats

back in oly shoes

barx8

40x5

60x5

80x4

100x4

120x4

140x2

150x4@RPE7

150x4@7.5

150x4@8

150x4@8

150x4@8

Rack pulls from knees

60x5

100x5

140x5x5

Rear fooot elevates split squat

barx6

30x6

30x6

30x6

30x6

Got back in heels tonight, felt amazing. so much faster. able to get way more rebound out of the hole, as long as i push knees out im not tipping over. was going to do 6 sets but left it at a point where my form stayed clean. Have got south isalnds in 3 weeks lol. Not peaking for it just jumping in. going to do a 6 week volume block and then a 6 week intensity block as its 12 weeks total to nationals

9 hours ago, MK said:

Getting cold down that way yet?

Yeah its just started this week, pretty cold evenings and overnight. think its snowing up country now. It affects my training a bit, elbow and wrist i broke as a kid gets funky when its colder

17/5/16

Paused bench (about 2 count)

barx8

x8

40x6

60x4

80x3

100x8x2 @7

110x2 @rpe 8.5

Incline bench (pretty steep)

60x3

80x3

85x6x3reps

Standing dumbell ohp

17kg

4x10

One arm cable row

3x12

reverse ez bar curl

100 total reps multi sets

ez bar cull

100 total reps multi sets

Nice session tonight, right wrist/forearm/elbow is being a slut. cold weather not helping. Working on speed and form on bench. heavier than speed weight but all moved well, the 110 moved almost the best of all of them. Inclines were tough. used a slightly wider grip on these. not strong on incline. will work at these

Thurs 19/5/16.

Deadlift

60x5

80x4

100x4

140x4

180x1

200x1

180x6 setsx4 @RPE 8.5

SSB Squats Belt

55x5

75x3

115x2

135x2

Add knee wraps

155x2

175x2

Been a tough week with work etc, dogs are being a pain in the ass, no one sleeping very well, me and missus grumpy af. Needless to say the show must go on. Got in to the shed later than normal. deads were ok, no problem at 180. was going to do reps at 200 but my guts been off and i felt like i was gonna shit myself lol.

Tried the wraps again, went past my best SSB for a double. i can see how you can use for overload, i did not let them change my form really. back of knees all bruised up now. still need to work on wrapping, but did the job

FRI 20/5/16

Slingshot bench

barx10

40x6

60x5

80x5

100x3

add bull boar slingshot

120x5

120x5

120x5

120x5

120x6@9

floor press

60x5

80x2

90x8setsx2@rpe8

100x2@9

lying dumbell tri ext

16k  4x8

ab wheel

2x12

Good solid session, seem to be gaining some nice momentum, volume is feeling good. Hamstrings and glutes real tight. forearm and wrist a bit shit too. nothing major though. two weeks till south islands. lets see what happpens