Squat On money = Get Some Honey

nomoneynohoney

On 6 May 2016 at 7:52 AM, HarryB said:

I guess it can only be a little bit of pain... you know... relative to your bench :)

HA HA HA cheeky uso. Was fine yesterday.

On 6 May 2016 at 10:15 AM, trainlikeafreak said:

How's the honeys?

Lol they fucking hissing huhuhu.

Alright, DL day Friday night:

Was a bit tired but still managed to pull through:

Sumo: 235x3, Conventional: 235x3, 245x1- Was tired through warm ups, a huge day at work and not much sleep. First set of sumo wasnt ideal so pulled the rest of the sets conventional and no extra sets this day.

Close grip chins: 10/8/6/6/5

Dead stop DB row strict and controlled: 30x5x8

Lat pulldowns- shoulder width grip, elbows in front, body upright: 60x5x10

Preacher curls: 20kgx4x10-15

Bench day yesterday:

2x6 and 1x3 all up from the previous session. No niggles on elbow today so followed these up with 4x8 @ 100kg to get movement patterns down more.

Chest press machine: 5x10 @ 80kg.

Was a big big day so limited training time, managed to hit my numbers and get an accessory in. 

Squats tomorrow

Meant to do sumo bro but first set was tired as so did conventional.

Giving sumo a go to see if its going to make a quicker journey to 300kg. Also the whole theory in training both is to still get benefits of working the muscles that aren't hit in the alternate style

I know the thinking of that theory but it's meant as a separate day or as a lighter exercise to assist. I didn't think it was to split half of working sets into sumo and half into conventional. If tired drop weight and do sumo if going to do sumo in the Comp.

if you're going to sumo in Comp then I think doing high intensity sets of conventional is basically a waste of time mate

7 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

I know the thinking of that theory but it's meant as a separate day or as a lighter exercise to assist. I didn't think it was to split half of working sets into sumo and half into conventional. If tired drop weight and do sumo if going to do sumo in the Comp.

if you're going to sumo in Comp then I think doing high intensity sets of conventional is basically a waste of time mate

I see your point bro, just testing the waters as never done it to great extent and got numbers to hit in mini off season. The plan was if sumo doesn't pan out to still hit the numbers conventionally anyway

2 minutes ago, bang_bang said:

Looks pretty low volume bro. like I said to you the other day when you put 50kg on your deadlift last year you would've done all the reps you did today plus some in one set. Imo you'd be better off doing what worked for you then 

Not low volume bro, only used to work up to one top set. 

Whole idea is to ensure all numbers go up every training cycle and break new ground which is being done bro. Not enough time to do what I did last time, as I used that over 8 week off season

I just go home if im fucked or ideally not go gym at all if i notice i feel fucked before actually lifting unless already arranged training with someone else. No point going and doing a shit low volume chop and change workout that fucks with your mind the next session. Better off getting some extra sleep.

12 minutes ago, PETN said:

I just go home if im fucked or ideally not go gym at all if i notice i feel fucked before actually lifting unless already arranged training with someone else. No point going and doing a shit low volume chop and change workout that fucks with your mind the next session. Better off getting some extra sleep.

Lol not low volume chop and change bro. I actually have structure and like I said earlier its what I do usually, do extra sets if I can. 

3 weeks til prep so not the time to be going home or having 5 cans of V a day etc. 

Maybe make it a goal to go to bed earlier the night before then and/or ask your boss for reduced hours if your job is making you tired? Im permanently cutting my hours by 100% at the end of this week as ive been feeling tired a lot lately and like i dont have much free time to rest. My employer was happy to accommodate this and i feel it will assist with my transition from off season to prep mode. Cant hurt to ask.