Roids in crossfit

DecaCards

Don't see why it would be any different to bodybuilding or powerlifting.  Performance enhancers are used in all sports. But at the same token just because some of the guys can do insane stuff that doesn't automatically mean they use steroids. Some people are just natural athletes.  Some just train hard for years on end. 

Crossfit games says they have testing on their website but there are plenty of things out there you can't really test for, short, fast acting shit in and out in hours, GH etc but end of the days gear or not those little x-fit manlets are fit as f*ck, I take hat off to their levels of fitness. I put my hat back on to their dead lift form and that shit they call 'kipping' though haha terrible.

48 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

samples are sent to WADA approved labs for anaylsis. samples are tested in accordance to WADA guidelines.

Yeah but they arent meeting any guidelines, they might be sending them to approved lab, but the still doing there own testing schedule 

Are you suggesting they might test but allow substances under their own guidelines Ken?

This list says "banned substances" doesn't say "substances that are banned in high amounts" - If im understanding you wrong then apologies.. also gutted they don't allow heroine cos f*ck me that would make some of the events funny to watch

APPENDIX A: 2015 CROSSFIT BANNED SUBSTANCE CLASSES

CROSSFIT BANS THE FOLLOWING CLASSES OF DRUGS:

• Stimulants
  • Anabolic Agents
  • Beta Blockers (in competition)
  • Street Drugs
  • Diuretics and Other Masking Agents
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists (permitted with prescription and TUE, and through inhalation only)

SOME EXAMPLES OF BANNED SUBSTANCES IN EACH DRUG CLASS:

• Stimulants: amphetamine (Adderall); cocaine; ephedrine; fenfluramine (Fen); methamphetamine; methylphenidate (Ritalin); phentermine (Phen); synephrine (bitter orange); methylhexaneamine; “bath salts” (mephedrone); etc. (Exceptions: phenylephrine and pseudoephedrine are not banned.)
  • Anabolic Agents (sometimes listed as a chemical formula, such as 3,6,17-androstenetrione): boldenone; clenbuterol; DHEA (7-Keto); nandrolone; stanozolol; testosterone; methasterone; androstenedione; norandrostenedione; methandienone; etiocholanolone; trenbolone; etc.
  • Beta Blockers (banned in competition only): acebutolol; atenolol; metoprolol; nadolol; pindolol; propranolol; timolol; etc.
  • Street Drugs: heroin; marijuana; tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); synthetic cannabinoids (e.g., spice, K2, JWH-018, JWH-073); etc.
  • Diuretics and Other Masking Agents: bumetanide; chlorothiazide; furosemide; hydrochlorothiazide; probenecid; spironolactone (canrenone); triamterene; trichlormethiazide; etc.
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues: growth hormone (hGH); human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG); erythropoietin (EPO); etc.
  • Anti-Estrogens: anastrozole; tamoxifen; formestane; 3,17-dioxo-etiochol-1,4,6-triene(ATD); etc.
  • Beta-2 Agonists: bambuterol; formoterol; salbutamol; salmeterol; etc.

What Ken said. They use WADA labs, but they don't do the full WADA protocol.

From what I understand, the out of competition whereabouts testing isn't as strict. There is also only a select pool who get whereabouts tested, and from what I heard it means you get tested around 3 times every 18months. 

I also highly doubt they're saving samples and freezing them to be retested as under the full WADA protocol. So if you take something that can't be tested for right now, your sample gets thrown out and declared negative. That is huge.

7 minutes ago, donz said:

Are you suggesting they might test but allow substances under their own guidelines Ken?

This list says "banned substances" doesn't say "substances that are banned in high amounts" - If im understanding you wrong then apologies.. also gutted they don't allow heroine cos f*ck me that would make some of the events funny to watch

APPENDIX A: 2015 CROSSFIT BANNED SUBSTANCE CLASSES

CROSSFIT BANS THE FOLLOWING CLASSES OF DRUGS:

• Stimulants
  • Anabolic Agents
  • Beta Blockers (in competition)
  • Street Drugs
  • Diuretics and Other Masking Agents
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues
  • Anti-Estrogens
  • Beta-2 Agonists (permitted with prescription and TUE, and through inhalation only)

SOME EXAMPLES OF BANNED SUBSTANCES IN EACH DRUG CLASS:

• Stimulants: amphetamine (Adderall); cocaine; ephedrine; fenfluramine (Fen); methamphetamine; methylphenidate (Ritalin); phentermine (Phen); synephrine (bitter orange); methylhexaneamine; “bath salts” (mephedrone); etc. (Exceptions: phenylephrine and pseudoephedrine are not banned.)
  • Anabolic Agents (sometimes listed as a chemical formula, such as 3,6,17-androstenetrione): boldenone; clenbuterol; DHEA (7-Keto); nandrolone; stanozolol; testosterone; methasterone; androstenedione; norandrostenedione; methandienone; etiocholanolone; trenbolone; etc.
  • Beta Blockers (banned in competition only): acebutolol; atenolol; metoprolol; nadolol; pindolol; propranolol; timolol; etc.
  • Street Drugs: heroin; marijuana; tetrahydrocannabinol (THC); synthetic cannabinoids (e.g., spice, K2, JWH-018, JWH-073); etc.
  • Diuretics and Other Masking Agents: bumetanide; chlorothiazide; furosemide; hydrochlorothiazide; probenecid; spironolactone (canrenone); triamterene; trichlormethiazide; etc.
  • Peptide Hormones and Analogues: growth hormone (hGH); human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG); erythropoietin (EPO); etc.
  • Anti-Estrogens: anastrozole; tamoxifen; formestane; 3,17-dioxo-etiochol-1,4,6-triene(ATD); etc.
  • Beta-2 Agonists: bambuterol; formoterol; salbutamol; salmeterol; etc.

Pretty much what wookie said. The substances are definitely banned, tested for etc. But to be taken seriously as drug tested they would need to be full wada, because atm crossfit dictates what the protocol is, where as if its wada, they dictate how it goes down, so its a third party. Wadas not failproof though, Olympics, weightlifting etc still messy as, but people do get caught 

Testing is testing - theres always a way to cheat it. Looks like they catch people out regardless of the all mighty "wada" if theyre following the same supposed unstrict testing Wookie suggests then at least its fair on all athletes. If theyre so lenient on the testing then really the people who do get caught are really fucking bad at life.

But like originally said - if these guys are using or not theyre still fucking amazing athletes, i struggle to get up the stairs without being puffed. Kudos to the fittest people on the planet~

Also unsure about WADA labs - im CBF reading but at the bottom of this link it says they use a 3rd party drug free testing agency so kinda weird they'd use 3rd party and then go to another 3rd party to use their labs?

http://games.crossfit.com/article/sanctions-handed-out-drug-policy-violations

Elite crossfit athletes are crazy, end of debate ( from me lol )

8 minutes ago, donz said:

Testing is testing - theres always a way to cheat it.

You're right there is testing, but some versions of testing are alot harder to beat than others.

I wouldn't dare try and beat the full WADA Protocol in NZ if I was a top level athlete. You get tested as much as 25 times a year in the case of Val Adams (I heard Brett Gibbs got tested something like 8 times in a year), and have to supply fully whereabouts testing including a 1 hour window in which you must be available. That means if you say you'll be home between 6-7am and you're not, you get a warning. 3 Warnings in 18 months and you get a 2 year ban,

To make things even harder, they freeze your urine, so if you use something undetecatable you have to bank on them not finding a test and retesting your sample. The 2008 Olympic champ in the women's hammer just got banned for a sample frozen from something like 2007. 

All I'm saying is, there is testing and then there is full-orbed testing. I got drug tested at Highland Games Worlds last year, but because there is no out of competition testing any idiot could have passed the test. A full-WADA Protocol while living in a country like NZ makes cheating damn hard. 

Man would hate to confuse where I left my lemonade popsicle in the lab...

Yeah thats a lot of testing for sure - I was just rolling off the point of the topic "do they use gear" and the answer is probably yes, yes they do~ my main point was regardless of that or not theyre insane athletes~

Generally in cheat cases it's probably NOT gonna be the guy/girl from NZ anyway as it's way harder to get the good stuff here that people would use to cheat with haha but also seeing you might get pinged 25 times in a year would probably deter most people for sure

One of the big reasons behind testing in Crossfit is because of sponsorship.

ESPN dropped World's Strongest Man for Crossfit a number of years ago, and one of the key reasons was drug testing. Strongman instituted recreational drug testing to try and please sponsors, which is why Pudznianowski got popped for cocaine but not androgens. Crossfit had to prove they were trying to take doping seriously.

A friend in the know in the Crossfit world says that the testing is very lax in comparison to the full WADA deal, but they do out of competition test a few athletes and he was not surprised that the female banned recently for Anavar displayed some very obvious signs of androgen use. 

Cliffs: Testing is for image protection of Crossfit HG.

15 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

Crossfit is a bussiness before it's a sport. Will never be an Olympic sport and they don't it to be. No need for them to hand any form of control over to anyone.

Dude the olympics isn't as clean as you think, athletes are allowed to be on hormone replacement therapy which therefore means any testing on that athlete is negligible. For the top athletes they just shop around and find a Dr who will prescribe it to them, or go on a cycle on the off season  then when they come back there natural levels drop and they can get a prescription anyway.  There is also gear out there now that is soluble and will vanish from your system within 2 days, meaning unless you test them the day or the day after they took it you won't see anything. 

4 minutes ago, DecaCards said:

Dude the olympics isn't as clean as you think, athletes are allowed to be on hormone replacement therapy which therefore means any testing on that athlete is negligible. For the top athletes they just shop around and find a Dr who will prescribe it to them, or go on a cycle on the off season  then when they come back there natural levels drop and they can get a prescription anyway.  There is also gear out there now that is soluble and will vanish from your system within 2 days, meaning unless you test them the day or the day after they took it you won't see anything. 

Firstly, Realtalk is a cynical human being who thinks no such thing about the Olympics. He is saying that Crossfit aren't trying to be as strict as is necessary to make the Olympics.

Secondly, HRT and TRT have been banned under the WADA protocol for a few years now, you cannot do it anymore.

Thirdly, Yes there are fast acting androgrens, butterfly stitching under the armpit and all sorts of things. They provide a small boost. Freezing and retesting urine is however making it incredibly risky to do anything that doesn't clear within a day.

2 minutes ago, Wookie said:

This is Natalie Newhart who just got busted for Anavar. Not the image Crossfit want and so I'm not surprised she got tested out of competition.

natalie-newhart-steroids.png

They all look like that though! Wouldn't you just assume that most of the top athletes are on it?

Im just back for more muscle girl pics... I was watching some 'world' event us/canada/aus etc and one of the Canadian girls holy sheeeit I was mirin her jaw and delts so much... looked like trenzilla. The above image looks like way more than just anavar, I know plenty of girls on var for bikini and figure that are no where near this jacked lol maybe shes got good genetics too ;)