Bulk Whey-protein

BBQKLNG

Hey guys this is my first post.

I just started eating the appropriate amount of protein for my weight to gain muscle (220gr for 110kg) and am realising that two protein shakes a day will get expensive fast as I am a uni student. What's the cheapest whey protein that I can get? I have searched the forums and have found that wpc from Davis trading is quite cheap in chch . Is this still the best protein you can get and is there anywhere cheaper. 

Ps I can't afford 20kg on my own so what's the best course of action there?

Cheers guys and gal's

Buy it and sell half. Thats why i initially made an account on this forum back in 2010.

Bought the 20kg (or 25kg?) sack and advertised half on here at cost price. Someone local took up my offer pretty quick. Money wasnt issue to me but i was worried about it getting damp or something and going off. Turned out to be not an issue though.

Apart from that just get shit cuts of meat cheap or buy in bulk etc.

If you cant afford a one off $400 though gonna be tough trying to get bigger etc.

Nah i used it in shakes with frozen bananas/berries and kiwifruit etc in them mostly so didnt really need extra flavouring. I also had other protein that was flavouted and would cut it 2:1 (unflavoured:flavored)snd tasted same as flavoured.

Its usually pretty easy to flick something like that off once youve done all the work physically getting it.  Sell 2x5kg for $100 or whatever it is to your povo uni/gym mates etc .

1 hour ago, OlympusNZ said:

Im not anti-protein powder, but...would you have difficulty hitting your macro targets via wholefood?

I personally like to have a protein shake while stretching after a workout and right before I go to sleep with some milk. So a protein shake just works really well and is relatively cheap. Currently I am eating 

3 eggs.     
200gr Chicken breast.  
1 can tuna.                      
200gr beef                  
Protien shake x2    
5 egg whites.

Plus some carbs in the form of black beans, kumara, rice or oats before and after my workout and some greens thrown in for a few meals. :)

Just now, OlympusNZ said:

You eating that same food list everyday? 

Could you be bothered preparing/cooking the eggs different ways? 

Pretty much the same. Maybe swap out the meats with other options but I'm not a huge fan of fried or poached eggs without bread which I'm not eating. I might swap the veges with other things but its breakfast that gets me. I'm not sure how to incorporate carbs and protein from that many eggs quickly in the morning. Any advice?

Im guessing you train evening?

Hmm, see I could easily pound down a dozen eggs, scrambled in a pot with some olive oil, post wo in morn cos Im ravenous. And I empathise with the no-bread, I cut that stuff out of my diet a while back but I absolutely love bread.

Scrambled egg with cheese and stuff added? Is the issue the food, or you not being hungry at breakfast?

Nah, not necessarily. There is always some form of energy available, typically muscle glycogen. 

The body is pretty remarkable in its capacity to adapt. Lots of guys train successfully completely fasted. But, there are of course some who perform better with some recently digested CHO/glucose in their system.

A good ole banana is a simple, effective option you could have in addition to your pre wo eggs.

• 2 weeks later...