First comp feels

Skeletor

Well finally did my first comp on Saturday and have to say it was one of the most enjoyable days of my life. Weighed in at 80.7 on the Friday after stressing out because I didn't have any scales so ended up going a little overboard but got back to my usual 84 by comp time.  Having never used a mono and only 4 weeks into using wraps  I was super nervous and shaking like anything but as soon as I hit that first squat it felt awesome.  Bench was shit and left shoulder injury was still there but still hit my target number but failed my third . Misgrooved and thought I had recovered but na lol left side wasn't having it. Wouldn't have mattered anyway because I left my thumb loop on . Deads were sweet and got all 3 planned attempts. The deadlift bar felt awesome.  Everyone there was awesome. So supportive of each other even the guys and gals going against each other. Would have to say the old saying of it doesn't matter what you hit in training it's what you do on the platform is crap because other then bench I could have p.rd both squat and probably dead as I hit both equal training p.bs on them. Got to see some huge lifts my Hamish, Dale and Tom as well as one freak of a female which really gets you fired up to do well yourself. The spotters were super encouraging and you just feel like you could go balls to the wall knowing they got you if you fail. Met a heap of the Gym nation team. Pseudonym,  Elmo as well as the others. So glad I chose GPC. More relaxed. Music playing etc .  Best fed in NZ easy. Absolutely awesome day and can't wait to meet more of the guys at nats.

Such a good performance man, you killed it! 

I think the reason why you PBd on the platform is because you train with such good form.  

The old saying about only lifts on the platform counting is sort of aimed at lifters who squat sky high, bounce their benches and hitch their Deads in training.  You're the perfect example of why people should train like they intend to lift in comp ?

Looking forward to seeing what you can total with a healed shoulder at nats!  See you there 

22 minutes ago, soundsgood said:

Such a good performance man, you killed it! 

I think the reason why you PBd on the platform is because you train with such good form.  

The old saying about only lifts on the platform counting is sort of aimed at lifters who squat sky high, bounce their benches and hitch their Deads in training.  You're the perfect example of why people should train like they intend to lift in comp ?

Looking forward to seeing what you can total with a healed shoulder at nats!  See you there 

Oh yep got ya man. Can definitely agree with that then . 

37 minutes ago, teamfatboy said:

Well done! To come away from your first comp with PBs is what it's all about. 

Thanks mate. None were actually p.bs though but equal p.bs to my training ones except bench. Wasn't even planning going to what I did on deads but I'd flown up there so may as well go for record on it. I think the adrenaline and everyone shouting for you really gives you a massive buzz. 

12 hours ago, Skeletor said:

Bench was shit and left shoulder injury was still there but still hit my target number but failed my third

It was an epic attempt though, mate! I was dead serious about it being a contender for grind of the month, too. Did anyone get it on video?