19 Years old, Blood test shows low Testosterone levels...

RichardsonPiana

Hey there

Im a new member here and found reading a few of the threads on TRT and low test to be quite interesting. I just got my test results and they came back at 12.6 nmol or 363 ng which i believe is low as f*ck for someone my age, definitely would explain why iv'e been feeling so unmotivated and lethargic recently as well as weak erections etc. Gunna see the doc about my results tomorrow, which i know chances are wont go well as i have heard most doctors are reluctant to prescribe TRT and usually dismiss low results, so ill push to see an endo if that is the case and report back with how it all goes. Any helpful info you guys have on the matter would be useful. cheers

haha just because yours are low as f*ck and you feel fine, doesn't mean someone else who is also low, wont have symptoms. If yours were half mine (which would be very alarming) and you still couldn't get an endo to prescribe, then you must've been doing something wrong brah. besides i'd prefer to get it from a doc where they regularly monitor your bloods and do check ups on you than self administer...

I feel 'fine' now because I did things to help myself (moving away from parents, seeing psychologist, etc)

Before that I was very depressed for about a year or so, crying like a bitch all the time not eating any food etc.

Also dont say you "prefer" to get trt from a doc because...

Its up to them IF and where they give it to you.

Well i can assure you i don't have any mental disorders or eating disorders in fact i am very stable mentally and emotionally, my symptoms more traditionally match low T symptoms, un-motivated, low libido, weak erections, memory fog etc. And im not going to tell them id 'prefer' it to be clinically administered im just saying if i can get on trt legally id prefer that to self administering based off of the reasons i mentioned above.

hey mate, welcome to forum. what is your specific question in terms of advice you're after?

im no doc and neither is gyzzbrah, since you've had the blood tests already keen to hear back how doc / endo reacts to your queries man.  how long were you feeling those symptoms before you decided to go in for the blood test? you ever cycled before (just thinkin in terms of having spoiled yoru endocrine system or whatever from bad pct or abuse or something) or never touched that stuff? do you beleive in 5% nutrition?

hey mate, thanks for the welcome

I've never cycled before so no worries there, im full natty brah so far. 

ive had these symptoms for a little over a year, maybe longer, i think ive gotten used to feeling like this so it wasnt like a sudden thing. And no i dont believe in 5% nutrition haha  , i just find his bigger by the day series amusing af

18 hours ago, RichardsonPiana said:

hey mate, thanks for the welcome

I've never cycled before so no worries there, im fully natty brah so far. 

ive had these symptoms for a little over a year, maybe longer, i think ive gotten used to feeling like this so it wasnt like a sudden thing. And no i dont believe in 5% nutrition haha  , i just find his bigger by the day series amusing af

What god dam it !!!! First use my last name then not believing in 5% nutrition ! 

What you weigh a buck twenty ! Get them real food shakes in god dam it! and if you hardcore enough the 5150! 

Stop being a bitch and kill it! One day you may!! You best be doing them feeder workouts got biceps to night dam it. Got to get that insane pump, hammer curls killing me. That shit burns! 

Seen two uni docs who told me my results were normal, despite me having symptoms lol. managed to get the second doc to refer me to an endo, so ill see how that goes. I reckon it'll go much the same way, so already considering trialing a cycle self administered, not quite sure where to begin with that one though....

Yeah the figures in the reference range don't matter too much as levels fluctuate through out the day. As long as within the range no one is going to be interested in putting you on TRT, which will suppress your natural production. 

However, if you go down the self administration route the idea would be to keep the dosage as low as possible to achieve normal levels (often of a 25 yo male), and keep the levels relatively stable (so long acting esters). 

Dorian Yates described being on 200mg of cypionate every week as being adequate for him. 

Probably more commonly prescribed by endos here would be Reandron  (undeconate) @ 1000mg every 4-6 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Do you mind if I ask what city you are in, I only ask as I have been referred to endocrinologists in 3 different DHB's within New Zealand so know better then most how the system works. If I had to sum it up in a single word, SHIT.... but maybe that's just my views on socialized medicine corrupting my opinion? 

Chances are you will be referred, be asked if you use any supplements, gear, steroids, etc. Then you will have your testicles examined and told that you need to have additional tests done (after already having done additional bloods before your endocrine appointment, which will take between 4weeks and 5 months after referral to occur). These tests can include anything from MRI scans to ultrasounds, after which the endocrinologist will tell you that it is not physiological or the result of a growth on the pituitary or testicles. Now this is where the actual consultation begins, some  (VERY FEW) endocrinologists within the public system will listen to what you say, most will simply give you the "it can take up to and over a year for testosterone levels to recover after very stressful or physically demanding periods" before basically putting you on a rotating 6month check list until you say "f*ck it, i'll use gear". The VERY RARE endocrinologist will actual listen to you and take into account your circumstances, lack of concern for possible effects on future child rearing and put you on Trt (normally they try ram reandron testosterone down your throat, don't use this as the injects are not fun. My advice is go for the Sustanon or Testosterone cyp/depo if he will allow it). 

Basically it's luck of the draw, alternatively find an open minded GP and either twist their arm to prescribe Testosterone (they can do this, it's just not subsidized so costs you like $50 per 10ml vial) or use UGL and get your GP to do your bloods for you as most of the additional tests the endo does aren't really that important (apart from prostate check up, GET THIS DOWN EVERY 6 MONTHS AT LEAST if using Testosterone long term as research has shown a link between usage and prostate growth/enlargement) 

You can Private message me or even text me if you like, fucked if I care what people think of my choice to use gear.