Fastest way to get big / strong again?

GyzzBrah

Came back to auckland for a holiday, family / friends all said I looked skinny as phuck, asking if even lifted anymore etc

At my college residence, we get a small portion of carbs / protein for lunch and dinner, which I cannot build muscle out of.

However, at my flat I get access to infinite bread (even wholegrain etc), milk, sugary cereal and peanut butter, as well as whey which gets mailed to me monthly.

Can also buy eggs / noodles for cheap but cleanup is a bitch (no non-stick pans)

Gone to the gym a few times too, its pretty decent. But bench rack is physically impossible for me to reach for anything significantly heavy.

I really want to get big and strong fast. What do I do about food (based on what I said I have available to me) maybe give a small daily plan etc (assume lunch and dinner are 1300 empty calories, and add on from there).

What can I buy within budget that is also good for uni? (tuna etc way to expensive)

As for gym, not asking what excercises bc that is lazy and I know how to lift at this stage, but how would I get as strong / big to where I used to be as fast as possible? as in split, rep ranges etc.

(I got access to dumbells and typical bodybuilder - style machines. Benchpress / Deadlift is out of the question.)

Also not trying to be a smart ass (maccaz pls), but given that alcohol can have various problems to muscle wasting etc, how much is too much? 2 nights a week (around 12 standards each time) all good? Some people over here go, 3-4 nights sometimes, but f*ck that lol.

How can you not reach the lowest peg on the unipol benches or use one of the power racks to bench in? Why cant you do deadlifts? 

Get a job doing casual labouring like i told you to and then you'll be able to buy shit yourself like proper high protein foods. Also theres milk at your hall i assume so drink heaps of that. Minimum 4L a day. 6 would be better.

7 minutes ago, PETN said:

How can you not reach the lowest peg on the unipol benches or use one of the power racks to bench in? Why cant you do deadlifts? 

Get a job doing casual labouring like i told you to and then you'll be able to buy shit yourself like proper high protein foods. Also theres milk at your hall i assume so drink heaps of that. Minimum 4L a day. 6 would be better.

He likes more difficult options haha

If tunas to expensive I'd say you are definitely going to have to get a job man like PETN said. No decent protein is really cheap and it's just gonna take a little bit of sacrifice on your part.  Not sure I'd be able to handle all that milk though lol but yeah if that's free. Can you get the higher protein lower fat milk? Don't forget to keep the carbs up to. Oats are perfect and easy to prepare or just mix in a shake with peanut butter and protein powder.  Creamed rice is a bit higher in sugar but it's not gonna worry you if you're skinny. Boil some eggs . Couple of tuna cans , Buy a chicken and split it over two days.  You're not going to recover or build muscle in a calorie deficit.  What sort of jobs are there available where you are? Go get a part time job at Subway and get all the free rolls and chicken at the end of the night. 

If I had a job and enough money I would go and buy good food and proteins.

But for the next several months atleast, meat etc out of the question. Got infinite whey though.

Thanks skeletor, ill do the oats and pb stuff, try get as much carbs, milk etc.

And yeah will take sacrifice on my part for sure.

What to do for workout plan, not really too keen on powerlifting except squats since I shrinked my legs? Mostly to get big again, like hypertrophy stuff. Havent gotten into bodybuilding before, want to go that for the next year atleast.

bro just ask around your uni gym if anyone want to partner up or some shit, motivate the fk outta each other. wish i started lifting earlier ay, my mates who did go gym back in high school/uni mean while i went to my part time job after school, they're  all massive now, most impressive how their bone structure changed from lifting from a young age (that shit doesn't come by as easy when you're trying to get in to it at 25+). they just ate whatever was around in large quantities and trained hella hard.

also take it easy on the alcohol but i understand this is ur time to be young and enjoy that side of life too .. just your goal conflicts with this a little. i reckon save the drinking for the big events few and far between rather than getting wasted every week. maybe i just went too hard with my recent experimentation but it depressed the fuk outta me (i was worse than you , ask maccaz lol) . since i been sober i've been feeling so much better. alcohol in excess really plays with your hormones, not to mention the beer gut look you get, not good for ur aesthetics.

tuna is literally the cheapest food you can get so if that is too expensive then you need a source of income.

not sure why you keep saying fast. you've been training a while, u know this shit ain't fast lol.

6 minutes ago, GyzzBrah said:

What to do for workout plan, not really too keen on powerlifting except squats since I shrinked my legs? Mostly to get big again, like hypertrophy stuff. Havent gotten into bodybuilding before, want to go that for the next year atleast.

i say this not to sound mean but  out of experience from having followed most your training threads. you've done stuff based on other ppls recommendations and get bored.

can't recommend u anything, i think the best answer for you is go in and do whatever motivates you bro. if you want massive arms and chest go train that shit every  2 days lol. go slam leg press instead of squats, it won't give you a massive squat in powerlifting but there are plenty of people who don't squat and have biger than average legs. find what you like to do and keeps you in the gym rather than forcing yourself in to a PL program that you end up butchering because you don't like. deadlifts make me smile, even on days when nothing else does. that's my go to lift - what's yours?

Ur probably gona have to but meat if u want to get big. Legs of lamb were like $10 a kg down here at pak n save got one last night. And if u don't have a family to feed it will last u ages. Just stop being a birch and get a part time job. 2min noodles with eggs is a fave . Heaps of sodium and carbs 

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

How to get as big and strong as fast as possible...

How many nights a week can I get shit faced...

I can feel the Commitment is strong in this one.

Not drinking would be a cost effective way to get bigger and stronger faster. Would put you into surplus too since you're worried about costs.

29 minutes ago, Wookie said:

How much you spending each week on alcohol?

this, even at my worst, i would not have traded food for alcohol lol what is going on here gyzz

this is probably born out of your "meat is yuk" phase

1kg mince 10$, eat 333gm a day thats 3 days mince for 10 bucks

white rice is cheap

oats is cheap

in fact, a while back fotr did a table showing the cheapest  foods, calories per $ and protein per $, il try dig it up for you.

7 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I studied full time, worked 45hrs a week, trained 4-6 days a week and won NZSM all in the same year age 20. Alot is possible at that age without family responsibilities.

yeaah i was saying to petn last night on this topic

2010-2012 i studied full time

worked between 15 and 30 hours depending on the week

got into gym 7 days a week (bro bodypart splits didnt know what i was doing but still, i was there) 

gyzz, don't put this into the too hard basket, you can easily take what you want, but dont spin wheels talking about it.

6 minutes ago, bang_bang said:

I never found drinking once or twice a weekend held me back, just avoid beer or pre mixers filled with sugar. Buy a bottle of vodka and mix with water and a bit of lemon/lime juice. Works out a lot more economical too

Thats exactly what I do already.

21 minutes ago, bang_bang said:

I never found drinking once or twice a weekend held me back, just avoid beer or pre mixers filled with sugar. Buy a bottle of vodka and mix with water and a bit of lemon/lime juice. Works out a lot more economical too

yeah its fine when you can afford to lol

when he cant afford to eat meat/tuna thats a different story

priorities i guess, he will figure it out

Cask white wine. 30 std drinks for $20. If you drink once a week then probably like $10 for you. If youre drinking more often than this then youve got time to do 10h work a week so you can afford better food.

When i was at uni in dunedin i had one or 2 cars the whole time and bought $200 food a week. I worked part time doing casual labouring years 2 and 4. Before starting uni and at the end of year 2 i worked over the summer and saved 10k and 15k respectively so didnt need to work years 1 and 3. I worked so i could afford food, gear, holidays, car maintenance/fuel etc and so i could have a half decent lifestyle and do shit i enjoyed rather than just hanging around the student area of uni.

My brother just worked in his summers rather than during the year and saved enough to live comfortably off.

Youre just fucking lazy.

Just now, maccaz said:

9 bucks for 4L down here in vic (7$ on special), literally see homeless people use them as pillow when finished.

disgusting

Yeah they dont seem to tax wine (or tax it f*ck all) over here wheras beer and spirits is much more heavily taxed than nz. Drink of choice for aboriginals.

I used to buy in nz when i was younger and was $15-20 (country medium white) depending if it was on special or not.

Maybe you should just give up lifting if its too hard gyzz and pursue an easier interest like smoking weed on uni lawn (at 4.20 on Wednesdays i think it is) or being one of those gay/feminist rights type people that seem to hang around the uni and get outraged by everything?