How much is realistic to add to total yearly naturally

Bigken1985

It's probably been talked about pleanty on here but anyways always a good discussion 

What's a realistic amount to add to your total as you get more advanced natty. Personally it seems to be around 5-10k on bench and about 10-20 on squat and deads last year I got 42.5 on my total but now that's really slowing up as injuries etc come along

Lol everytime this topic comes up we end up with the same answer.

Too many variables per person genetically and different life situations. And also perception of what you consider advanced compared to someone else etc.

No point putting an arbitrary number on it, cos say you have a bad year you'll get depressed or you have a good year you could limit yourself mentally without meaning too.

10 minutes ago, BeastBuilder said:

Lol everytime this topic comes up we end up with the same answer.

Too many variables per person genetically and different life situations. And also perception of what you consider advanced compared to someone else etc.

No point putting an arbitrary number on it, cos say you have a bad year you'll get depressed or you have a good year you could limit yourself mentally without meaning too.

True

Well it might be time to hand in the natty card my friend. :-p 

Agree with bb, top guys like them add f#@k  all onto there totals and there enhanced.

I haven't noticed but where do you think you could add more to your total more efficiently? 

Brb after squats (not)

1 hour ago, tyreguy said:

Well it might be time to hand in the natty card my friend. :-p 

Agree with bb, top guys like them add f#@k  all onto there totals and there enhanced.

I haven't noticed but where do you think you could add more to your total more efficiently? 

Brb after squats (not)

No dark side just yet Lord vader

To be serious, I have a basic expectation of a 2.5-5kg gain on at least 2 of the 3 powerlifts across each 5 week basic block of training I run, for around 9 months of the year. I think a minimum of 30kg on the total in a year is achievable for all novice and intermediate lifters. Beyond that for advanced, it really does depend upon slow gains, technique breakthroughs and technical improvements.

Having seen 120-180kg total improvements with no supplementation changes, I do know big gains are possible. It really does depend on where you start off, how technically proficient you are etc.

7 hours ago, Wookie said:

To be serious, I have a basic expectation of a 2.5-5kg gain on at least 2 of the 3 powerlifts across each 5 week basic block of training I run, for around 9 months of the year. I think a minimum of 30kg on the total in a year is achievable for all novice and intermediate lifters. Beyond that for advanced, it really does depend upon slow gains, technique breakthroughs and technical improvements.

Having seen 120-180kg total improvements with no supplementation changes, I do know big gains are possible. It really does depend on where you start off, how technically proficient you are etc.

totally this lol, put on about 50kilo to my (albeit pathetic)total in first 3 months cycle of Wookies training blocks.  not sure if progress follows the same kind of basic curves for anyone, i'm hella sure it ain't linear so no one can tell you. set goals as above and you'll be all good.

Not really an answer to your question but heres mine the past 5 years (at the start of each year or end previous year approx). E.g. for 2016 on graph lifts are from start of this year and end of 2015. Didnt test 1rm all the time so lots of the figures are based on 1rm from calculator for AMRAP sets i did, but ive found it to be pretty accurate. Obviously not same as a comp as not all 3 lifts done same day concurrently etc but is consistently like this across all 5 years.

Hopefully that makes sense. Was quite surprised how linear it is.INDIVIDUAL.JPG.b1afc593c5de94b74e450e3dfTOTAL.JPG.a741c68b09e9cbdf0289a2d6b29781

nice graphs @PETN , makes sense on linearity there given your starting stats (implies you weren't total newby.. or atleast i'm just guessing you weren't since most newbies don't start out benching 135, except maybe wookie)

2014 to 2016 your stats really spiked, was there any significant change in your approach to training (diet, training plans , changed jobs or something? )

2014 looks like the year i added the least to my total (25kg).  Trained legs probably 5 times that year if that which is probably why.

2013 and 2015 were years that stand out to me as being productive in terms of increasing total. 2015 most of this was just due to training squats a few times consistently and pushing myself to improve on deadlifts each session over a relatively short time frame.

Changed jobs pretty much every year although 2012, 2013 was studying full time supposedly. I dont see any correlation though.

Not gonna spam more shit on here but I should probably make another graph for bodyweight too as thats pretty relevant with about a 20kg gain over the 5 years which seems very closely linked to my benching ability.

Edit: just to clarify graphs, time period for data is from end 2011/start 2012 til end 2015/start 2016. So like where it says the year on x axis its basically start of year. E.g. 2014 total at start of year is 695 and at end of that same year/start 2015 its 720.