Manlet Powerlifting

manlet

Cube splits the compounds into 3 different workout types: Heavy day / Rep work / Speed day 

you hit one of each day each week so one week might be Heavy Deads / Rep Bench / Speed squats and then the next Heavy squats / Rep Deads / Speed Deads etc

Only going heavy on a movement once every 3 weeks means you have built in deload to come in and hit that day hard.  

The speed days are great for building up technique and also speed obviously 

The rep days are bloody hard if you get the percentages right.  In fact I'd go as far to say for me they are harder than the Heavy days lol.

You do each compound movement once per week so you're not hitting bench twice a week or Deads twice a week like you do on some other programmes but you are hitting each movement pretty heavily and with a lot of direct accessory work so it's pretty good in that aspect. 

You can customise the accessory work to suit your specific training.  Basically you only include exercises that directly benefit your compound.  

For or example if you know that every time your Incline bench goes up you can flat bench more then you do incline bench work.  But if your DB inclines go up, does your flat bench go up?  

Yes - keep it in.  

No - Don't do it 

So you fine tune your training to be more specific to getting a bigger 1RM on the compounds which is what specifically matters

Theres also a 'bodybuilding day' built into the programme.  This is basically OHP (any variety you prefer, in fact variation is important) plus biceps, triceps, calves etc.  There is a loose guide regarding suggested exercises - reps / sets but whatever you want it's up to you really.

And a couple of conditioning sessions per week (minimum) are recommended.  IE 20 mins interval sleds or sprints.  Tyre flips etc anything that gets the heart really moving and is more involving than walking on the treadmill or cross trainer.  No LISS will help you on the platform as its not applicable fitness in the slightest.  It's short bursts of extreme energy that you need to be conditioned too.

If you take a look at my journal for my proraw prep you'll see more of a detailed breakdown of the exercises performed and feedback.  

I can point you in the right direction for a spreadsheet for cube too if you like.  Not for now but for later on.  Keep doing what your doing on the Candito programme.  It looks interesting and I'm keen to see how you go on it. 

Lower Strength 

Squats

60x10 

100x5 

140x1 

180x6

180x6

Deadlifts

100x5 

140x3

180x1

200x2

200x6

GHR

BWx10 

BWx10 

BWx10 

Pretty av session.

Spent 4 hours stripping paint off the house yesterday so my arms and lower back were DOA today. Biceps and wrists hurt on the 100+ sets and lower back got pumped pretty quick. Grip was sheit on deads so strapped up on the final set. Any extra work I can do that is effective for grip strength, please share with me.

Finished with 10 mins cardio and stretching.

Probably just shit grip because you'd been scraping the paint? I havent done any grip strength stuff and my grip is fine up to any amount i can lift for deads for 1 rep.

Multiple rep sets it will f*ck out sometimes, especially with a shit bar but for purposes of doing a 1rm at PL comp which is what youre training for I'd just use straps on pretty much all the heavier multiple rep sets or all but the heaviest set if its 5 or less reps type thing.

11 minutes ago, PETN said:

Probably just shit grip because you'd been scraping the paint? I havent done any grip strength stuff and my grip is fine up to any amount i can lift for deads for 1 rep.

Multiple rep sets it will f*ck out sometimes, especially with a shit bar but for purposes of doing a 1rm at PL comp which is what youre training for I'd just use straps on pretty much all the heavier multiple rep sets or all but the heaviest set if its 5 or less reps type thing.

Was afraid that was the response I was going to get haha no doubt it will build up with time but it just sucks it lags now

Upper Strength

Bench Press

60x10 

80x5

100x1

130x6

130x4

130x6

Bent Over Rows 

60x6

110x6

110x6

110x6

Seated Military Press 

60x10 

80x5

100 x 5

Rope Extensions 

35x15

35x15

35x15

Lateral Raises

14x10

18x10

22x10

A bit of tendonitis in my left elbow from the weekend and yesterday's deadlift session I presume. A little distracting but nothing major.

Bench was challenging so think I'm hitting the right numbers now. Only got 4 reps on second top set because I hit the rack on my 3rd rep and it fucked my groove. Came back the next set and handled it.

Rest of the session was pretty standard. Military Presses were more challenging than they should have been

Lower Control

Speed Squats

60x10

100x5 

140x5

150x4

150x4

150x4

Deficit Deadlifts 1" Block 

100x5 

140x5

170x4

170x4

170x4

Lying Hamstring Curls

30x15

30x15

30x15

Cut volume back a little today as things got a little slow on the top sets.

Nothing special today. Finished up with some cardio and stretching. 

Upper Control

Spoto Press 

60x10 

100x4

110x4

115x4

115x4

115x4

Machine Row

75x10

75x10

75x10

Standing Military Press

60x10 

80x10

Pull Ups

BWx10 

BWx5 

Reverse Machine Flye 

45x10

45x10

45x10

DB Curls

10x12

10x10

14x10

Cardio

• 2 weeks later...

Lower Strength 

Squats

60x5

100x5 

140x5

180x1

200x6

200x6

Deadlifts

60x5

100x5 

140x1

180x1

210x3

Sumo Deadlifts 

140x8

140x8

140x8

Decided to try sums out tonight as I don't know what is best for me, all I know is that deads just don't feel good at the moment.  Should probably focus on more deadlift accessory lifts as squats are going good