180x5

200x3

200x3

200x3

200x3

200x3

Hamstring curls

3 sets

Program said '200x3 multiple sets' for squats this week. Assume 5 sets is enough as cbf bothering my coach all the time with stupid questions.

is gyzzbrah your coach?

Trained arms last night. Started doing some benching but elbows were fucking sore on warmup sets so just did arms, bis mostly and no close grip bench.

By that stage elbows were already fucked and doing even db curls hurt on left side elbow.

Bench 

100x7

140x5

162.5x4

Db curls

22.5x7

25x7

27.5x7

30x7 (first reps real sore left elbow )

Some other shit. Nothing heavy.

Deads

160x5

200x5

240x3

270x5

Program said do 270x5 or 290x3. Back been sore whole day at work so opted for lighter sets. Was pretty easy slow reps. Slow coz got new belt which is 13mm thick twin prong style. So yeah feels fucking stiff and awkward getting low in it. Might save it just for squats anyway as dont really need belt for deads and might just use the old shitty one still as it gives me adequate support as need f*ck all and it doesnt hinder my mobility.

In 2 weeks gotta do 280x5 or 297.5x3. Gonna be shit i assume but gotta trust the program

13 hours ago, PETN said:

Deads

160x5

200x5

240x3

270x5

Program said do 270x5 or 290x3. Back been sore whole day at work so opted for lighter sets. Was pretty easy slow reps. Slow coz got new belt which is 13mm thick twin prong style. So yeah feels fucking stiff and awkward getting low in it. Might save it just for squats anyway as dont really need belt for deads and might just use the old shitty one still as it gives me adequate support as need f*ck all and it doesnt hinder my mobility.

In 2 weeks gotta do 280x5 or 297.5x3. Gonna be shit i assume but gotta trust the program

id def recommend using the older softer belt for deadlifts. sounds like thats what a lot of people do when they have that problem. thick stiff belt for squat, thinner softer belt for dead/bench.

On 23/04/2016 at 11:56 AM, maccaz said:

id def recommend using the older softer belt for deadlifts. sounds like thats what a lot of people do when they have that problem. thick stiff belt for squat, thinner softer belt for dead/bench.

Yeah bro thats what my strength coach reckons too

Bench

100x7

150x5

160x5

160x5

160x5

160x5

160x5

Db bench

70x7

70x5

65x6

65x6

65x6

65x5

Incline db bench 

60x6

60x5

60x5

Volume week. Program said to do multiple sets of 160x5 on bench. Dunno what supposed to do if i only got 4 reps on first set or got one set of 5 reps or whatever. Just gotta trust in the program and do what it says and not bother my coach 'with retard or faggot shit' as per his instruction.

Heres program for week i just did plus week i just started with above benching. Im doing it bench, squat, dead order.

2016-04-24 20.09.03.jpg

Not training related.

My gf has a pet turtle. She went away for few weeks to nz for some bs and left me to look after turtle. Its food is some frozen mince type shit that comes in cubes. 

Her instructions were "feed it one cube per day".  

Anyway i can't be fucked feeding it every day so feed it 7 cubes every 7 days.

(7 cubes)/(7 days) = 1 cube/day

Anyway  she comes back from trip and asks when i last fed turtle so i told her 5 days ago. So she gets upset etc and turns into huge argument with her saying turtle look skinnier (obviously bs as it has a shell so cant even tell its bodyfat %) and her getting mad at me for saying its IF. Ended up getting frustrated and punched nearest thing which was her car on upper quarter panel bit (hatchback car) hard so now my hand has white paint imprint on it and missing skin and hurts a bit and her cars caved in with pretty substantial dent.

Basically I know im right as she specifically said "one cube per day" which is an non specific rate not "feed him one cube every day" which is specific amount and specific timeframe.

Anyone else have to deal with this type of shit? Should i bother helping fix her car? Is there any easier way to explain to her that i was right?

18 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

Lol wtf is that a cooked turtle? 

Nah hes alive and well still. I just put it in pot with stove on and on back to get pics.

Gf thought was serious though for few hours trying to ring me etc lol

Trained arms today.

Did 150x5 on closegrip bench. My closegrip is actually close, like 2 hand-spans apart roughly, not like wookies for example which is wider and more like my standard bench. Anyway havent done it for while til today and decided to drop it after that shit set. Had to stop at 5 reps because shoulders and elbows were hurting like f*ck. Did few more sets of 100kgx15 etc but still making elbow sore so not doing it anymore at all til after comp perhaps. Was only matter of time before have shoulder blowout on it anyway.

Just did curls and shit. Was good pump. Hopefully dont have sore joints from today next time i bench.

I used to close grip like that and had countless elbow and wrist issues.

Moved hands out a full hand space (still much closer than regular grip) and learnt that close grip bench is as much as about the movement of tucking triceps in and pumping through the movement as it is hand spacing.  Now I get epic tricep pumps without the pain.  

1 hour ago, soundsgood said:

I used to close grip like that and had countless elbow and wrist issues.

Moved hands out a full hand space (still much closer than regular grip) and learnt that close grip bench is as much as about the movement of tucking triceps in and pumping through the movement as it is hand spacing.  Now I get epic tricep pumps without the pain.  

Sweet will give that a shot after the comp.

Currently bringing my normal bench grip out a bit too as i reckon ill be stronger a bit wider, plus a bit easier on joints.

12 minutes ago, PETN said:

Sweet will give that a shot after the comp.

Currently bringing my normal bench grip out a bit too as i reckon ill be stronger a bit wider, plus a bit easier on joints.

few tips i had when idid this recently (reckon its a good idea as your bench is so so narrow currently)

dont go wide straight away, go bit wider each session like 1 finger wider until you get where you want to be. otherwise too much pressure on chest. 

expect it to feel weaker for a few session while you get used to it.

i've been using my wider grip for 5 sessions now and its probably just now got to as strong as my old close grip

i used to have pinkies on rings, now i got middle fingers on rings, so not a big change but noticeable,. chest doing more work.

5 minutes ago, maccaz said:

few tips i had when idid this recently (reckon its a good idea as your bench is so so narrow currently)

dont go wide straight away, go bit wider each session like 1 finger wider until you get where you want to be. otherwise too much pressure on chest. 

expect it to feel weaker for a few session while you get used to it.

i've been using my wider grip for 5 sessions now and its probably just now got to as strong as my old close grip

i used to have pinkies on rings, now i got middle fingers on rings, so not a big change but noticeable,. chest doing more work.

Yeah thats the plan bro. Plus doing.fair bit of db benching to bring chest strength up a bit hopefully. Im still quite a bit inside rings on comp bar but last session was a lot better than i expected and im getting wider slowly. Wont go past rings though i dont think.

1 minute ago, PETN said:

Yeah thats the plan bro. Plus doing.fair bit of db benching to bring chest strength up a bit hopefully. Im still quite a bit inside rings on comp bar but last session was a lot better than i expected and im getting wider slowly. Wont go past rings though i dont think.

even pinkies on rings would be wide for you so all good