195x1

Dead

140x3

180x3

220x3

260x1

280x1

300x1 (vid soon)

Last min comp prep going well etc. Weigh 110.9 atm so should be u110 by sat and probably sunday too lol. Rather look more aesthetic than lift like 20kg more on a shit total.

Pic from tonight. Look small and less lean than at 118kg but thats what happens when stop training and pinning and drink soft drinks all day. Pic quality shit coz phone camera lense cover broken.

2016-04-07 22.11.43.jpg

Cheers bro, better than the 0 reps of it on sunday anyway. At least i know theres no reason to miss my opening lift because im too weak.

Didnt really care what weight i was for this comp but atm am sitting at 111.4kg on home scales so i figure it will be relatively easy to drop into 110kg weight class so might as well do it. 

Plan is to not eat or drink anything tonight or tomorrow morning. I fly to Brisbane tonight leaving around midnight and getting there round 6am. Something like that anyway.

Weigh in is from 10am-1pm and as soon as i weigh in gonna buy fuckload of food and gorge on it but buy extra food to take to hotel. And drink lots of water. Check into hotel (as 2pm is earliest check in time) and go to sleep til Sunday eating remaining food if i wake up before i need to on sunday.

Weighed in at 10am, was 110.05kg after ripping off all clothes except underwear. Stood round watching the lighter guys lifting for an hour and weighed in again at 109.90kg in underwear. 

Back is a bit sore from sitting in plane but not too bad, should be good enough by tomorrow. Tired as f*ck though.

Put down 220/180/300 as openers. Probably go 260(pb attempt)/195(comp pb attempt)/320-340 for 2nd attempts depending on how openers go and what everyone else is lifting. So a bit more conservative than what i had planned in terms of big jumps. Definitely wana have a crack at 332.5-340 dead (PB attempt) either 2nd or 3rd attempt although i highly doubt its there.

Off to supermarket now to buy food and eat then long sleep hopefully. 

Will update tomorrow after comp how it went etc. 

1 hour ago, PETN said:

Weighed in at 10am, was 110.05kg after ripping off all clothes except underwear. Stood round watching the lighter guys lifting for an hour and weighed in again at 109.90kg in underwear. 

Back is a bit sore from sitting in plane but not too bad, should be good enough by tomorrow. Tired as f*ck though.

Put down 220/180/300 as openers. Probably go 260(pb attempt)/195(comp pb attempt)/320-340 for 2nd attempts depending on how openers go and what everyone else is lifting. So a bit more conservative than what i had planned in terms of big jumps. Definitely wana have a crack at 332.5-340 dead (PB attempt) either 2nd or 3rd attempt although i highly doubt its there.

Off to supermarket now to buy food and eat then long sleep hopefully. 

Will update tomorrow after comp how it went etc. 

Stoked bro. I got a good feeling you will do well and my good/bad feelings tend to be correct so that's something lol. 

Keen for nz Nats will you do 110s or 125s?

1 minute ago, maccaz said:

Stoked bro. I got a good feeling you will do well and my good/bad feelings tend to be correct so that's something lol. 

Keen for nz Nats will you do 110s or 125s?

All going well should be doing u125s id say. If im over 115kg then cant be fucked trying to make weight for u110. Theres really no excuse to be under 115kg atm aside from laziness with eating, pinning and training.

Comp

Bought bigger soft suit (xxl instead of xl) off guy i knew from darwin who had moved but was also doing comp.

Squat

Pass 3rd

Bench 

Fail 200

Dead 

Fail 335

Fail 335

Came 3rd in 110 class with 755 total.

First 335 dead i locked out i believe. Got 2 reds from side judges and white and MC said i lost control at the top. It was a slowish very shaky rep and by the time it was at the top it had started slipping out of my hands and was in fingers. I held it and pretty sure i locked it out with bar in fingers and then got down call. Not exactly sure what i failed on but i dont disagree with the call as i dont even know the rules and imo it was a shit rep. Was still hoping they'd give it to me but not particularly surprised they didnt. 

Gave it another crack on 3rd giving it 100% but knew i was fucked for it. Had cramp on first 335 in one lat too and was pretty much wrecked from it.  If someone bet me my hundred dollars against their  $10,000 that i wouldnt get it i wouldn't have taken them up on it. Got it mid way up and stalled and threw it down. Noticed i had cramp in my calf as i walked off but thats not why i failed it.

Failed 200 bench well above halfway up. Fast up from the bottom then slowed then stalled eventually but kept pushing for ages. Guessing lift lasted something like 10-20 seconds. Gave it 100%. Too weak. 

Squat i passed 3rd attempt as 260 wasnt a real easy rep and was bit dizzy from it and elbow and knee were getting sore. Initially had 270 down as a 3rd but then came back and told them i was going to pass.

Im sure i could do more than 260 in say a few days time but unsure how much more or if id have gotten the 270. Definitely think id have lost more than 10kg of potential from (bench+dead) if i had attempted it. Think it was a good call.

Good comp (was huge too) and enjoyed my own lifting and watching the others lift. Met a few real good people there and i think some of them are doing nz nats too.

Feel weird as f*ck atm and think the next couple of days will be quite a bad time for me. But after that should be sweet. Flying back to darwin tonight. Work tomorrow so will have a big sleep monday night and be fine after that i think(hopefully not still sore). Will get back into training on Tuesday i think.

Will be looking forward to training for and (all going well) lifting at nz GPC nationals. Hopefully i can get some half decent lifts.

5 minutes ago, Realtalk said:

For your first 3 lift that's bloody good. 

Not my first 3 lift one although its my first one not entered as a novice. Bit different using soft suit and using wraps on squats. Found timing that a bit stressful. On my 260 squat was still wrapping when i was called up and ended up wrapping not very tight on one leg and had my wrist wraps on only loosely with thumbs still in loops. Luckily as i was approaching bar guy told me to take thumbs out or would have been failed for it.

Definitely lost a lot from my potential total on the deads too but yeah like i said before the comp i just wanted to use my opener to definitely qualify then go for a pb using my subsequent attempts.

Got told to 'f*ck my shoes off' too by the guy that got the 340 dead. He came over and talked to me after my lifts and said wear chucks on squats and bench and wear the slipper things for deads. Told me even chucks would be better than current shoes which have bit of a heel. Might take that on board as shoes are starting to fall to bits anyway.

Bench 

60x5

100x5

140x5

140x5

140x5

140x5

140x5

140x5

140x5

Wasnt going to train tonight but not tired yet and was bored so went with my mate. Elbows are real sore. Much more so than i noticed yesterday. 10x worse at least.

26 minutes ago, HarryB said:

Be interesting to find out why that didn't pass... looked like a good lift to me! 

Dunno if its a rule or not but if you look closely the bar isnt in my palms really at lockout, more in fingers. Is that a rule?

But yeah i only saw vid last night and after watching it wasnt as bad as i had thought

3 minutes ago, PETN said:

Dunno if its a rule or not but if you look closely the bar isnt in my palms really at lockout, more in fingers. Is that a rule?

But yeah i only saw vid last night and after watching it wasnt as bad as i had thought

Nah that's not a rule. Maybe they thought you hitched it cos you did have a little pause there. But who knows. I'm not a judge I just thought it looked good. Nice benching too BTW. Good numbers. 

Cheers man. Squat was pb and the bench was comp PB so still happyish with how i went although couple of weeks earlier think id have been capable of a bit better bench (was thinking 205-210ish) as hit 180x5 in training lifting off myself. Happy enough with the deads too just didnt go my way on the day.

Watching the vid though can see i have got to work on pausing the bar, well steadying it at bottom. Was having to hold it there for what felt like fucking ages which i can now see is because it was like wobbling round down there for a bit.

Gave that 10 rep thing a go. Tried to do 260x10 deads but got only 8. Pretty sure 10 is there on a good day not so soon after comp but seems like threads gone now so that idea can get fucked.

Deadlift

140x3

180x3

220x3

260x8

260x1

180x5

Standing OHP 

100x5

100x5

100x5

100x5

100x5

Side raises

17.5x10

17.5x10

17.5x10

Squats

100x5

140x5

180x5

200x3

200x3

200x3

200x3

200x3

Hamstring curls

3 sets

Program said '200x3 multiple sets' for squats this week. Assume 5 sets is enough as cbf bothering my coach all the time with stupid questions.

BW 112.4kg