Nar Labs debate

cory_huges

2 hours ago, cory_huges said:

Has anyone been keeping an eye on this Nar Labs thing that seems to be all over Facebook?

it's getting a little bit personal

Don't really give a flying toss what a bunch of hormone imbalanced "athletes" are yarning about. 

This argument is like ground hog day. The "fitness community" seems to be on a never ending loop of scandal and meaningless bullshit. 

#fitfam #nzifbb #narlabs #xtremenutrition #mensbikini #tuesdaytransformation #fitnesscrush #basicbitchbikini #fullynattybrah #giantsprotein  

2 hours ago, Realtalk said:

It was tested legitimately. It's not scandal or bullshit. Quite the opposite actually, It's 100% accurate.

Not saying it was a scandal. There have been though. 

The bullshit is the tick of tack and the ball riding logical of people . 

Everyone's keen to kick the individual when he's down but hanging his nuts otherwise. 

2 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

Is that still going? I saw it over the weekend, but haven't seen anything further. Clearly I'm not following the right people...

So what are the latest developments? Anyone care to give me an executive summary?

Cliffs : Some Kent tested narlabs complete whey, turns out hardly any whey. Promoter kent "tests" his sample of "narlabs complete whey" analysis results similar to label. 

Promoter continues to promote, kents staff also prompting. Others rubbishing brand, old mate Indian kent originator of debate. 

Where sample tamper who knows could have been. Everyone's knows old mate got incentive so understanding so questioning. Some kents test is rubbish hence people throwing shit at each other to see what will stick. 

Amits sample was factory sealed he has plenty more sealed tubs too if anyone wants to test them....

narlabs is moes thing, it wouldn't be difficult for him to alter the contents and reseal in the factory... Just saying.

as for FB...

amits post 130+ shares, never mentions moe.

Moes rebuttal 4 shares, they all mention amit.  Make derogatory and racist statements (this is the president of a NZ bodybuilding federation) about him and his supposedly unsuccessful business (just opened his 6th shop in a year) and they (the puppets) question "why has amit made it personal" when he never mentioned a single person.

then you have that girl who runs his Taupo store popping up everywhere posting rubbish and attacking people... I wonder if anyone would ask her if she is really that stupid to think a major company would fake and corrupt a test for amit. I read her comments all the time on threads and have to flick my ear to see if I'm in reality.

there have only been the standard moronic puppets supporting moe. Meaningless. Come on let's be honest even those cock suckers will know in their hearts that narlabs has been proven to be shit. And those that don't get it for free won't be buying it anymore u guarantee.

I thought it was pretty common knowledge that whenever aminos, glutamine, glutamine peptides etc were listed high up in the ingredient profile that it was likely spiked.

Marc Lobliner opened up that can of worms and explained what to look for. Taurine, glutamine peptides etc mainly as the spike the protein content without adding any value. It's the third listed ingredient on Nar Labs.

25 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Just looked at my USN Precision protein. Amino acid profile per 100 grams. No taurine but is this okay? 

20160314_162953.jpg

Nutritional label doesn't mean anything . What's on ingredient list does most the time. 

Most nutritional information is bogus even that for real food 

22 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Just looked at my USN Precision protein. Amino acid profile per 100 grams. No taurine but is this okay? 

20160314_162953.jpg

Seems like you cant really trust what the labels say now anyway. Ill be sticking to plain WPI or WPI from now on. 

Get what you pay for. Horleys or balance is a good start. However I have been using syntha-6 lately. Mainly due to price. A 10lb bag equal to price of most 5lb tubs. Seems to be working ok but wouldn't be surprised if it's bogus in some way. I get my required protein intake from real food anyway which I believe to be a lot lower than what most people make out your intake needs be. I'm not worried if I get less than 200g of protein a day and I weigh over 108kg. I think 1.5g/kg body weight is sufficient maybe even less. However depends if natural or not of course. My protein powder intake is pretty inconsistent and really just additional and mostly based around convenience.

Amit can you tell me about your brand you are making? What is the contents and breakdown? And of course pricing..

On 12/03/2016 at 4:55 PM, Skeletor said:

It would be great to have an independent lab test all the actual well known brands to not just the shit nobody uses just to see how they measure up to what the label states.  

You also need an independent party to organise and publish the independent lab tests. Now, if only there was such an independent party. Oh wait.... :-D

In all seriousness, this is actually something I've been trying to set up for a while. To be credible, it needs to be completely impartial - which obviously means it can't be run by anyone associated with either supplement manufacturers or retailers. (No offense, Amit!) Basically, that leaves us.

The problem is the expense. To do it right (as I want to do it) requires testing loads of products, and that costs - a lot. We need a sponsor - one who's equally impartial - and I haven't found anyone suitable yet.

So now I'm wondering about crowd funding this, at least to kick things off. Do you think enough people be willing to dip into their pockets to get the ball rolling?

8 hours ago, Pseudonym said:

You also need an independent party to organise and publish the independent lab tests. Now, if only there was such an independent party. Oh wait.... :-D

In all seriousness, this is actually something I've been trying to set up for a while. To be credible, it needs to be completely impartial - which obviously means it can't be run by anyone associated with either supplement manufacturers or retailers. (No offense, Amit!) Basically, that leaves us.

The problem is the expense. To do it right (as I want to do it) requires testing loads of products, and that costs - a lot. We need a sponsor - one who's equally impartial - and I haven't found anyone suitable yet.

So now I'm wondering about crowd funding this, at least to kick things off. Do you think enough people be willing to dip into their pockets to get the ball rolling?

It would be a great asset to this site having something like that. But then what's to stop these companies passing you dollars under the table to skew the results in their favour ;-D.    What sort of cost is involved ? Obviously you need to be supplied protein to test but as far as testing goes?    

Here are some independent results on some well known American brands with full reports on each one:

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Might be a few surprises to some of you, unfortunately NAR labs is not on the list so can't infer anything about it.

Also... I know I'm heavily biased but  I'l just add that NZ whey itself is superior in many ways, not to mention the strict regulations in this part of the world. Feel free to test a tub of Balance :-D:-D

1 hour ago, eLm0 said:

Here are some independent results on some well known American brands with full reports on each one:

https://labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Might be a few surprises to some of you, unfortunately NAR labs is not on the list so can't infer anything about it.

Also... I know I'm heavily biased but  I'l just add that NZ whey itself is superior in many ways, not to mention the strict regulations in this part of the world. Feel free to test a tub of Balance :-D:-D

Wow some of the better known brands are just worthless cheap quality crap. Where would put Balance on that list?  I just want to know what's an honest good quality protein powder to buy. Interesting reading that article how sodium was so much higher than what labels were claiming. Very sneaky.