Assistance 
Bench/feet up
5x10 @ 65kg

Accessory 
Pull ups 4x10
Face pulls 50 

Cool down
Protein shake/shower

Rushed a little bit, was on a schedule.....shit groove, shit tightness.  

I need to restructure my schedule (although am a bit over the shop from sickness), I dont like benching after squatting, sore quads n shit, move a little average, think I'd rather stand and press than arch.

Just now, MK said:

Epic

Sanctioned meet with novices allowed?

whatst the deal, I'm an aussie GPC member, does that entitle me to Nz events?

my brother said he's keen also could potentially recruit 3-4 other novice lifters.

Novices definitely welcome for that one bro.

Don't quote me on it as I have nothing to do with running of GPCNZ but judging from few Oz lifters coming over for Nats you should be sweet to lift as a lifter at the Push/Pull and novices are able to lift anyway.

I'm unsure if they'll have calibrated plates etc there so might not be able to set records but should still be a good meet

Warm up 
Agile 8

Strength
Deadlift/top set /belt
165x12

Assistance 

Rack pull/upto 

245x5

Deficit deadlift/bands around ankles/constant tension 
5x10 @ 115kg

Accessory 
Pull through 3x20

Cool down
Glute stretches

back started to flare up mid day at work what sucked, all I wanted was a foam roller...

hips tight.

average session, rack pulled just because I thought it would be fun, pretty gay really, grip was failing. Tops set felt average, again back flare pre workout never helps, 170x20 is the high rep number to beat. 

I have to add extra stretching sessions, the squat and deadlift reps pull me out of wack.

Warm up 
Shoulder mobility

Strength
Press/standing/AMRAP/rest pause/belt
55x17

Assistance 
Floor press/comp grip
60x10

80x10

90x10

Accessory 
Dips 5x10 @ 10kg

JM press 2x10 @ 65kg 
Push downs 125reps

Straight arm pull downs 4x10-20

Cool down

Beef stew/mash spud

Meh, didn't feel amazing, a little over the place, shoulder played up a little on dips, so moved on. Wanted 10x10 but thought no point. 

Rest paused on the top set after about 14 or so reps. Floor press felt average. Think I'm stronger just that little bit closer in with the bench/floor press, maybe not stronger, but better bar path slightly just need to keep practicing. :)

Back feels good today, amazing what a few good sets of deads and stretching can do :)

Warm up 
Hip mobility

Strength
Squat/top set/belt/sleeves
130x10

Assistance 
Squat/naked

5x10 @ 90kg

Accessory 
Front squat 3x10 @ 60kg

Pull through/bands 100

Cool down
Back stretches

Average. Squats by far the hardest to "groove".  

Had a good sleep, possibly over slept :| average nutrition today so far. This is all my fault. In general, training has been average over the last few weeks, but so has a few other things in life. 

Just trying to keep things simple. Stay above my required reps, on good days push for a PR or a few extras, get some light volume in as assistance, and add in accessory to target some other little bits.

Anzac tomorrow. Back in the day Nz sacrificed 10% of it's entire population to the military, that's you and I, young guns in our 20-30s. Something to think about.

Warm up 
Hip mobility/shoulder mobility/yard work/cleaned gym 

Strength
Bench/AMRAP/all reps paused
95x10
Joker/all reps paused

110x2

120x2

Assistance 
Bench/feet up/45sec rest
5x10 @ 65kg

Accessory 
Pull ups 5x5 30 sec rest
Dips 3x10-20 30 sec rest

Assisted pull-ups 3x10 30sec rest

Inverted row 3x15 30 sec rest

Face pulls 100

Cool down
Nothing

Warm up 
Hip mobility

Strength
Deadlift/top set/joker/belt 
175x5

195x2

207.5x2

Assistance 
Deficit deadlift/bands around ankles
5x10 @ 135kg

Accessory 
Pull through 5x20

Cool down
Glute action 

Had to skip rest day due to some life restructure. 175 Felt average, so decided to do a couple of joker sets since I didn't push the top set.  Moved 5x10 sets up to 70% of training max.

landed a couple of dumbell handles and a land one attachment so that's going to help. 

Warm up 

Shoulder mobility

Strength
OHP/standing /required reps/joker/belt 
60x3
70x2

77x1

82.5x1 PB (elbow sleeves)

Floor press/upto/all reps paused

102x5

Assistance 
Floor press
5x10 @ 65kg

Accessory 
T bar row 15, 15, 13, 6

Pull ups 5, 5, 5 (5second hang)

Face pull 100

Signed upto a bench comp in 2 weeks. If I compete in this, I can use the 2 comps I've done this year for capo (DL and bench) and compete in a push/pull in Sydney in august some time, and that's something I'm really keen to get fired up for and train hard towards. Also an excuse to go to Sydney, I've never been and apparently I'd hate it..

Still want to do a novice 3 lift in sep/oct.

life time PB on the OHP lol. So close to a bw OHP ...yawn

1 hour ago, MK said:

Warm up 

Shoulder mobility

Strength
OHP/standing /required reps/joker/belt 
60x3
70x2

77x1

82.5x1 PB (elbow sleeves)

Floor press/upto/all reps paused

102x5

Assistance 
Floor press
5x10 @ 65kg

Accessory 
T bar row 15, 15, 13, 6

Pull ups 5, 5, 5 (5second hang)

Face pull 100

Signed upto a bench comp in 2 weeks. If I compete in this, I can use the 2 comps I've done this year for capo (DL and bench) and compete in a push/pull in Sydney in august some time, and that's something I'm really keen to get fired up for and train hard towards. Also an excuse to go to Sydney, I've never been and apparently I'd hate it..

Still want to do a novice 3 lift in sep/oct.

life time PB on the OHP lol. So close to a bw OHP ...yawn

strong ohp bro, i doubt i could do that.

also stop these novice comps haha you're more than good enough to compete in the real thing, no need to go smash real novices hopes and dreams by beating them

10 hours ago, maccaz said:

strong ohp bro, i doubt i could do that.

also stop these novice comps haha you're more than good enough to compete in the real thing, no need to go smash real novices hopes and dreams by beating them

haha they are sanctioned. I've only done the one novice comp that we did.

but I will do a novice 3 lift before a sanctioned 3lift, it's just the way I'm wired 

Warm up 
Hip mobility

Strength
Squat/required reps/sleeves/beltless/joker
140x3

155x2

170x1 (belt)

Assistance

Squat/naked

3x10 @ 105kg

Accessory 

Abs 50

Band pull through 100

Cool down

Glute stretches

Trained 7/9 days. 

170 felt heavier than it should.

Cut assistance short.

I work 10hours every Saturday, and I don't want to go.

Otago champs tomorrow. 

I bet Steve breaks the u93 NZPF Otago squat record.(if he doesn't, he will this Callander year) Old training partner and good mate, he's squatted 230s and 240s this year in the gym. Good to see him back on the platform. Some back issues heading in tho.

All he does is squat, squat, squat and foam roll...mental issues...

Good luck

23 hours ago, MK said:

Warm up 
Hip mobility

Strength
Squat/required reps/sleeves/beltless/joker
140x3

155x2

170x1 (belt)

Assistance

Squat/naked

3x10 @ 105kg

Accessory 

Abs 50

Band pull through 100

Cool down

Glute stretches

Trained 7/9 days. 

170 felt heavier than it should.

Cut assistance short.

I work 10hours every Saturday, and I don't want to go.

Otago champs tomorrow. 

I bet Steve breaks the u93 NZPF Otago squat record.(if he doesn't, he will this Callander year) Old training partner and good mate, he's squatted 230s and 240s this year in the gym. Good to see him back on the platform. Some back issues heading in tho.

All he does is squat, squat, squat and foam roll...mental issues...

Good luck

Let me know how Steve gets on bro, i might see it on fb. He came up and trained bench a few weeks ago, nice guy. I should be in the same class as him at nationals in chch. though he will smoke me with that squat i think

1 hour ago, Bigken1985 said:

Let me know how Steve gets on bro, i might see it on fb. He came up and trained bench a few weeks ago, nice guy. I should be in the same class as him at nationals in chch. though he will smoke me with that squat i think

570 227.5/115/227.5 3rd attempt bench fail 127.5

91.2kg

Things are on hold for now. I need to bench some "heavy" stuff and get some frequency in for the comp. I just need to qualify so I can natty push/pull. 

Not really prepared considering I've been benching 65 for sets of 10 lol. But hey, you're either strong or not. 

Bench

worked upto a to a single at 125. What was pretty heavy, lacking a bit of speed, solid pause though.

Then 130x2 in the blue slanger and then 110x3x3x3

I'll get 2 more bench sessions in this week with weights around 110-115 for doubles maybe 10-12 sets total making sure bar speed is there.

then the following week work upto around 122 for a solid single, a few more 110s then 3 days rest.

135 would be a 2.5 comp PB, but I'm not there physically or mentally there.  130 3rd attempt would probably see me tapped out. 

I wasn't planning on this, but meh. 

Weighed in 84.5 after breakfast and a shit, 86-87 is more my style 

YESTERDAY

worked upto a 220x1 deadlift. Was heavy. Then 5x5 with 140 limited rest.

broke in the dumbel handles wirh 67x15 Kroc rows and also set a video challenge with my mates back home.  Basicly it's a Kroc row challenge, min of 12 reps. I opend with 67x15. Today they replied, Cam 73x16 and Jimmy 73x18. So jimmy leads I have to top thst with reps or weight....should be fun. We all deadlift around the 215-230 mark so should be a good positive challenge!!!

deads felt crap...like most things ATM.

TODAY

really positive session. Bench moved really quickly, great mental and technical focus, long pauses and marked most of my sets at 7-8 RPE 

3x2 at 110

2x2 at 115

1x2 at 117

about 50 pull ups. Wacking out sets of 10 easily, pausing and exploding up. Was great.

short sharp explosive session. What I really needed.

On 5/1/2016 at 0:23 PM, MK said:

Things are on hold for now. I need to bench some "heavy" stuff and get some frequency in for the comp. I just need to qualify so I can natty push/pull. 

Not really prepared considering I've been benching 65 for sets of 10 lol. But hey, you're either strong or not. 

Bench

worked upto a to a single at 125. What was pretty heavy, lacking a bit of speed, solid pause though.

Then 130x2 in the blue slanger and then 110x3x3x3

I'll get 2 more bench sessions in this week with weights around 110-115 for doubles maybe 10-12 sets total making sure bar speed is there.

then the following week work upto around 122 for a solid single, a few more 110s then 3 days rest.

135 would be a 2.5 comp PB, but I'm not there physically or mentally there.  130 3rd attempt would probably see me tapped out. 

I wasn't planning on this, but meh. 

Weighed in 84.5 after breakfast and a shit, 86-87 is more my style 

Damn, we are almost in the same boat with real similar numbers on that bench. although im like 10k heavier lol. ive got my comp in less than 2 weeks and bench feels so shit atm especially after coming off a 3 lift

46 minutes ago, Bigken1985 said:

Damn, we are almost in the same boat with real similar numbers on that bench. although im like 10k heavier lol. ive got my comp in less than 2 weeks and bench feels so shit atm especially after coming off a 3 lift

Yea out bench is similar. 

i think for me, frequency around 85% doubles gets it cranking, paused and fast.

I really want to PB on the bench, but probably not this time around. I think 130 will be my 3rd attempt. 

Today was was really good tho.  Went heavy on Monday what felt awkward then the next 2 sessions this week 85ish% for doubles. Friday prob a little bit more volume . A "heavy" session again Sunday. maybe 122x1 solid single with a few back off set doubles, little more volume on Tuesday and maybe something Thursday depend on feels, Compete Saturday around 1-2pm. Lol probably front squat this week to avoid any back problems just incase and my deadlift session will be a single/double 7-8rpe want to keep the body moving fast and feeling good. 

I'll prob eat a couple of Big Macs this week, I don't mind getting the belt a little tighter.

Worked upto 160x2 back squat. Pretty fast, no dramas, bouncing a bit on the upper back what's no good.

Then bench 2x2 at 110 1x2 at 112 and 2x2 at 120.  Felt really good although scapular positioning wasn't perfect.

Pull downs, one mega set 

Quick session before me and the mrs head to hospital to potentially have a baby ?

my mate said when he had his daughter he had to stop and grab all his training gear before heading to Dunedin hospital, his mrs was so mad haha

front squat

upto 120x2

Bench 

upto 122.5x2

elbows and forarms a little sore from mega pull down set...

need to heal up TRY get some sleep(I have some secret ear plugs) 

prob get one more session in before Saturday on bench then 1rm at 130 Saturday.  But really should focus on #babylife