should sumo

stalkers

deadlifts be outlawed?

a bit of uniformity would be nice.not being rude but it does annoy me after ive pulled about a 500 mile rom to see someone put another 50 kgs on the bar and with a bit of a glute squeeze and lean back,pull about 3 inches.anyone else think we should all conventional?

Sucks to be tall, huh?

Except that Wookie's tall, Tonka's tall, Ethan Foote's tall... Tasha Williams is tall, Riria (who pulled 200kg raw, conventional, in just her second comp ever) is tall, so perhaps it is about working out just how to use the rules to your advantage.

if you can lift more that easily by changing positions, why don't you? for my conventional is way more natural and feels like a stronger position so i do it that way,  not that i'm a great example of a heavy lifter lol but just sayin, lift to the strongest position that the rules allow for, those people aren't abusing the rules they are working within it

A few years ago a bunch of Aussies tried to get the jerk banned in strongman, for log press etc.

I pointed out that the world record was held with a push press and asked a few guys if they could lift more with a jerk.

"Not right now, but if I trained it I could."

If you don't take advantage of the rules, don't complain. Learning sumo well takes tons of time and may still not help.

52 minutes ago, Wookie said:

A few years ago a bunch of Aussies tried to get the jerk banned in strongman, for log press etc.

I pointed out that the world record was held with a push press and asked a few guys if they could lift more with a jerk.

"Not right now, but if I trained it I could."

If you don't take advantage of the rules, don't complain. Learning sumo well takes tons of time and may still not help.

i remember you saying this and in a primarily strong man gym im yet to see someone do log press via jerk, feel as though if you practiced it, itd be the best way to do it 

its difficult to learn.hence my frustration with it.i made it a goal to learn but then got the jitters when i realised i might not learn it fast enough to justify diverting

my conv deadlift went up a grand total of 5 kgs in 1 year.(lol).so i had a good reason to switch however i guess rome wasnt built in a day and i should just keep chipping away.

If it's easier, then switch.

i moved to a wider stance because I can train with more volume that way safer. Conventional just wasn't working, hard to get into good positions and always got inured.

i pull sumo now, although my tec isn't much to replicate, but I can train heavy, more frequently and safer.  My hips and glutes seem to function much better this way too.