NZIFBB Pro-Am Champs 2016

1 hour ago, Realtalk said:

I didn't say teina or his brother wouldn't or couldn't improve. And im

not thinking that they couldn't either. All I was basically saying was why not wait until you have improved some more before going pro. Take advantage of being an amatuer and win some shit or at least come close. Whats the rush? Surely competing often makes you a better bodybuilder?  What do you think? 

I think the way the sport goes the window of opportunity to get a pro card in NZ is slim and I think we'll see that slow down quite a lot now. If you don't take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself then maybe it doesn't come again and you regret not taking the chance when you could. In general I think the amateur level in NZ lacks the depth it did years ago so yeah keep competing as an amateur in NZ and compete against 2 other guys most of the time. Go to the world's and worry about drug testing or just go pro and dive in head first. There's pretty limited options which is sad. 

I actually also think a lot of these young guys burn themselves out really quick cos they take way too much gear and are lazy as f*ck in the gym so their window of opportunity is even smaller :) same goes for pretty much every division even bikini... imo  

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/03/2016 at 3:26 AM, Bigmikedifbbpro said:

Now we are talking some sence. Yep I think a use it or loose it policy would be good 18-24 mths or earlier if a local opportunity arose.

tue thing to also take into consideration like any pro sport there are varying levels. Steve Orton for example is someone we can look at to go right to the highest ranks. Myself it was never about that, top 10 in the USA was a goal top 6 would be a dream. Compared to a top tennis or golfer where a top 100 ranking or breaking into a major  doesn't mean they are any slug.  Even if the are a long bet off winning the event

Sorry Mike I don't really know much about you as a bodybuilder as I live in England don't move to NZ til 21st June but from what I can see on here is that you have earned your pro status by beating what is in front of you on more than one occassion. Getting a pro card doesn't mean you have to be on the level to compete with the best in the world it's also about potential and sometimes you can't fulfill your potential when you remain an amateur and you have beaten all those in front of you. There will always be things people can pick out in terms of physique, stage presence, posing etc just keep up the good work.